Buggiest Game You've Played in Awhile? Y/N?

#61OhhSnapPosted 11/10/2012 9:18:15 PM
AyahRiven posted...
Also, just to make some die-hard "ur s00pid its teh synch" plebs heads explode: I can kill 2 animals and not lose any synch whatsoever. Not even a little bit. So which is it, Connor never killed and wasted anything, or he killed and wasted what you, the player, chooses to kill and waste? If the latter is true, what's the reason for the desynch?

To take it one step further, if I run around in 500 circles before every mission, is that "what Connor did," because I remain 100% synched? Stop using the game's explanations for hokey things to defend the silly parts. It only makes you look weirdly desperate.

Well you killing 2 animals just confuses the animus. It doesn't mean he actually did it. You did it in the memory you're relieving. But it was wrong, but you only did it twice so the animus could easily bypass that event.

If you ran around in circles it doesn't detract from the fact that Connor actually ran. The animus only detects you running really, which Connor did. It's not like you broke someone's window or punched a civilian or something. Connor ran; and running in circles is pretty much .. well.. running.

I'm only using the game's explanation because really, if the animus let you do anything you want in the memory, it wouldn't even be Connor's memory anymore. It'd be yours. Then it wouldn't make sense to the story at all.
---
You started getting shot at when you made yourself a target
#62AyahRivenPosted 11/10/2012 9:21:17 PM(edited)
DrunkBeardGuy posted...
You know damn well that's not what we're talking about. Why don't you just skin the animals? It takes a whole second, and in the time that you've spent on here whining about it, you could have killed and skinned everything in the frontier.

I'm not whining about it, and I do skin the animals. I'm just pointing out that it's a bad excuse to cover up a very silly game design choice. If anyone's whining, it's you people! Although I am taking an odd amount of pleasure in continually usurping your arguments.

Stop taking it so personally, I'm playing devil's advocate on the Internet, not sleeping with your sister.

OhhSnap posted...
Well you killing 2 animals just confuses the animus. It doesn't mean he actually did it. You did it in the memory you're relieving. But it was wrong, but you only did it twice so the animus could easily bypass that event.

If you ran around in circles it doesn't detract from the fact that Connor actually ran. The animus only detects you running really, which Connor did. It's not like you broke someone's window or punched a civilian or something. Connor ran; and running in circles is pretty much .. well.. running.

I'm only using the game's explanation because really, if the animus let you do anything you want in the memory, it wouldn't even be Connor's memory anymore. It'd be yours. Then it wouldn't make sense to the story at all.

I think you misunderstand me. I fully understand the game's explanation - I'm just pointing out that it's a bit wonky, and questionably used to wave off some, in my opinion, rather silly, arbitrary dev. choices.
#63Jet_StrifePosted 11/10/2012 9:21:35 PM
Have you played Fallout 3, New Vegas, Oblivion, or Skyrim? Have you played the other Assassin's Creed games or Red Dead Redemption?

Open World games are ALWAYS ALWAYS filled with glitches, it's impossible to not get them when you have to code an entire world population with physics, social interactions, combat, stealth, items, plus everything else. I've only experienced two glitches, one where Connor's(JUSTHIS) audio died completely, one where my screen was stuck between trying to get out of the Animus. It was pretty funny because I thought it was part of the game and waited like half an hour before I restarted my system.

But I digress, open world games will always have glitches. Heck, the real world even has glitches we just call them mutations.
---
PSNID: Hitokiri_Wrath
#64DrunkBeardGuyPosted 11/10/2012 9:22:22 PM
AyahRiven posted...
I'm just pointing out that it's a bad excuse to cover up a very silly game design choice.

The only bad design is that it doesn't desynch you from the first animal, that's it. The mechanic makes sense.
---
Beardy
Outlaws to the end
#65occupinePosted 11/10/2012 9:22:47 PM
Jet_Strife posted...
Have you played Fallout 3, New Vegas, Oblivion, or Skyrim? Have you played the other Assassin's Creed games or Red Dead Redemption?

Open World games are ALWAYS ALWAYS filled with glitches, it's impossible to not get them when you have to code an entire world population with physics, social interactions, combat, stealth, items, plus everything else. I've only experienced two glitches, one where Connor's(JUSTHIS) audio died completely, one where my screen was stuck between trying to get out of the Animus. It was pretty funny because I thought it was part of the game and waited like half an hour before I restarted my system.

But I digress, open world games will always have glitches. Heck, the real world even has glitches we just call them mutations.

how is this relevant?
---
I am the boil on the face of reality!
#66AyahRivenPosted 11/10/2012 9:25:43 PM
DrunkBeardGuy posted...
AyahRiven posted...
I'm just pointing out that it's a bad excuse to cover up a very silly game design choice.

The only bad design is that it doesn't desynch you from the first animal, that's it. The mechanic makes sense.

I think that's a much worse design choice, personally.

"Oh Connor didn't step on that crack- desynch." "Oh Connor didn't climb that tree- desynch." That would be very silly indeed.
#67AyahRivenPosted 11/10/2012 9:26:37 PM
occupine posted...
how is this relevant?

If you look at the topic title, friend, you'll see this topic is actually about glitches. You're welcome.
#68OhhSnapPosted 11/10/2012 9:32:58 PM
AyahRiven posted...
occupine posted...
how is this relevant?

If you look at the topic title, friend, you'll see this topic is actually about glitches. You're welcome.

As much as I respect your opinion, may I add to this that desynching from not skinning animals is not a glitch.

Other than that yeah. I think it's pretty dumb aswell; but the mechanics of the animus would end up being questioned if Connor was allowed to actually just leave the animals there.

People would be like oh; we leave animals unskinned; why can't we kill Civilians, why can't we make our own choices within the story, why can't we blow up a building that Connor never blew up?

I think with it like this, the purpose of the animus and the story really, wouldn't be questioned.. Everything in the story seems correct and is not really out of place. That was Ubisoft's goal.
Anyways, everybody has their opinions; that's what boards are for yeah?
---
You started getting shot at when you made yourself a target
#69BillysanPosted 11/10/2012 9:33:48 PM
Yes
---
http://billysan291.deviantart.com/
PSN: Billysan291 360 Live: Billy Saltzman
#70AyahRivenPosted 11/10/2012 9:50:56 PM
OhhSnap posted...
As much as I respect your opinion, may I add to this that desynching from not skinning animals is not a glitch.

Other than that yeah. I think it's pretty dumb aswell; but the mechanics of the animus would end up being questioned if Connor was allowed to actually just leave the animals there.

People would be like oh; we leave animals unskinned; why can't we kill Civilians, why can't we make our own choices within the story, why can't we blow up a building that Connor never blew up?

I think with it like this, the purpose of the animus and the story really, wouldn't be questioned.. Everything in the story seems correct and is not really out of place. That was Ubisoft's goal.
Anyways, everybody has their opinions; that's what boards are for yeah?

Oh my bad, I wasn't claiming it was a glitch by any stretch. Just informing him of the topic at hand as he seemed confused as to why someone was posting about glitches in the midst of our rather off-topic discussion.

But yeah, I think we pretty much agree, although I think they didn't have to be quite so overbearing with the animus desynching. I mean, would removing desynchs for not skinning animals really cause people to question the animus explanation? I don't think it would. I think a finer balance between explaining away reasonable gameplay restrictions to keep things tight story-wise and plopping silly, arbitrary restrictions whenever and wherever could be found.