Buggiest Game You've Played in Awhile? Y/N?

#71DaRk MaGe2004Posted 11/10/2012 9:54:11 PM
encountered nothing gamebreaking so Nope
---
To die without leaving a trace, that is the legacy of the Garo
#72DrunkBeardGuyPosted 11/10/2012 9:58:09 PM(edited)
Well what then? The only other option is to just not have it. They could have a notification that pops up that says Connor didn't waste animals and that's it, but I think they wanted the same impact for wildlife as civilians.

Eh, either way it's going to make people mad. Don't have it, you disrespect his culture. Put it in, and it's a stupid mechanic.
---
Beardy
Outlaws to the end
#73OhhSnapPosted 11/10/2012 10:07:02 PM(edited)
DrunkBeardGuy posted...
Well what then? The only other option is to just not have it. They could have a notification that pops up that says Connor didn't waste animals and that's it, but I think they wanted the same impact for wildlife as civilians.

Eh, either way it's going to make people mad. Don't have it, you disrespect his culture. Put it in, and it's a stupid mechanic.

Precisely! But I don't think there are too many people that would complain about the skinning thing, hence probably why they kept it.

Fyi I just tested it, and it said

Warning: Connor skinned every animal he killed.
(Pretty much stating that he didn't waste)
Failure to skin your next animal will result in desyncronization
(Giving a good warning that you're about to desynch)

So yes there's a pretty noticeable notification already, screen all jacking up and everything when it gives you these messages.
---
You started getting shot at when you made yourself a target
#74F_WolfPosted 11/10/2012 10:12:42 PM
AyahRiven posted...
jenofwildfire posted...
Yep, it's called "accuracy". Connor's half British, but he was raised as a Mohawk, and would have Native beliefs about spirits and killing, but not skinning and taking all usable parts of the animal dishonors the animal's sacrifice. To me, this proves that Ubisoft was listening to their Native culture consultant. *is part Indian, too*

It only takes a few extra seconds to skin an animal(and you get money from selling the animal parts you sell), and you can skip the cutscene that plays each time.

As for glitches, I think the most obvious ones I ran into were Captain Telepathy on the ship in the beginning with Haytham and when enemies occasionally turn noodly and spaz out before disappearing after I kill them.

It's still a laughably silly gameplay restraint. Want to keep it accurate? Sure, have a pop-up tell people he skinned them all. But to desynchronise players for it and make them reload? What in the **** were they thinking?

What the **** where you thinking? Why is this even coming up while you play? Are you actually just running around in the woods slaughtering every animal you see and then running away from them with out skinning them?

Holy crap, people will complain about anything these days. Did you know that the game stops working when I shake my PS3 above my head while playing? Its ******** BS.
#75ry_mannPosted 11/10/2012 10:16:14 PM
Skyrim (PS3) is far more buggier than AC3. AC3's bugs are just a tad more annoying. Skyrim is still pretty much broken on PS3, so much that they most likely won't even release any DLC for it on the system.
---
PSN: Ry_mann88 xFire: ithinkipooped
www.clanbotc.com
#76OhhSnapPosted 11/10/2012 10:17:48 PM
^
The debate seems to be over but yeah. I do agree with you on the complaining. Half the topics on gamefaqs are complaints about glitches I've never seen before, and none of those glitches really seem that serious at all.
---
You started getting shot at when you made yourself a target
#77Unbridled9Posted 11/10/2012 10:34:05 PM
N

FO:NV
---
If you love a person, it doesn't matter if they cheat.
If you love a person, you won't cheat.
#78LuigiohPosted 11/10/2012 10:36:53 PM
N

Skyrim says hello
---
Yes I'm bitter.
#79Chaos-StrikerPosted 11/10/2012 10:54:30 PM(edited)
Yes.

I notice more than double the amount of bugs I've seen in Revelations, which also surprised me because I don't remember seeing jack in ACII or Brotherhood.

Also, it's really annoying to have two different guns in my holster (although there's probably some strategic value to that, having a duckfoot plus a good range pistol). Where I *should* have 4 consecutive gunshots, I actually have 3 because I switched from Pitcairn-Putnams (1 shot) to Royals (double-barrled aka 2-shots). So I have 2 + 1, which is an annoying reminder when I see 3 ammo slots around the gun icon which shouldn't be possible...I assume anyway, since I never heard about selecting two different guns on our own.

I guess I could use another double-barrel pistol, but that sort of defeats the purpose of optimizing stats.
---
~A different breed of gamer
#80MechaNapoleonPosted 11/10/2012 10:50:51 PM
No. XCOM.