optional objective: tackle the target from above

#1weirdkidno1Posted 11/11/2012 10:03:03 AM
*gets on rooftop* - doesn't let me tackle/land/whatever

*locks onto target* - lands on another guard

mother
of
****ing
god

the singleplayer is pissing me off more than the multiplayer, this should not be happening
---
Long Live FBSI
http://imgur.com/BFBWq
#2Klop_JobPosted 11/11/2012 10:11:11 AM
Don't bother with optional objectives. Play the game how you want. Do optional objectives on your second playthrough if you want to go for the trophies.
#3OhhSnapPosted 11/11/2012 10:13:43 AM(edited)
press circle when tackling from above.
Lock on, then circle.
---
You started getting shot at when you made yourself a target
#4weirdkidno1(Topic Creator)Posted 11/11/2012 10:45:37 AM
Klop_Job posted...
Don't bother with optional objectives. Play the game how you want. Do optional objectives on your second playthrough if you want to go for the trophies.

I said this to myself a while back, but everytime I see the red 'x' and words on my screen I'm just like NOOO GO BACCCCK

OhhSnap posted...
Lock on, then circle.

-_- wow
But thanks
---
Long Live FBSI
http://imgur.com/BFBWq
#5Qc_StryderPosted 11/11/2012 10:47:40 AM
This is the best way to do it

http://videos.neoseeker.com/walkthroughs/6329-assassins-creed-3-100-sync-sequence-10-memory-1-alternate-methods/
---
Qc_Stryder said that^^
#6Majin TrunksPosted 11/11/2012 11:04:10 AM
The Red X is bad and you should feel bad!

Just try to get a head of him and wait above the staircase to tackle. What I did was not follow him, I ran by the pier and turned left in an alley which continues to where he turns to get to his destination. Don't be discouraged about the flickering saying stay close to the target as you would either end up in front of him or a head of him giving you time to run up the stairs and even jump to the clothes line...make sense?
---
Don't beg for your life! Pay for it!
#7riddlebox89Posted 11/11/2012 11:07:56 AM
OhhSnap posted...
Lock on, then circle.

Someone didn't read the whole post -.-
---
I am a dedicated member of the "Walter Sullivan Is Bad-Ass" group!!!
I am the true originator of the Cookie Demon theory on the SH2 and 3 boards.
#8OhhSnapPosted 11/11/2012 11:12:00 AM(edited)
riddlebox89 posted...
OhhSnap posted...
Lock on, then circle.

How so? That's exactly how you do it. People tend to press square or x when doing air assassinations. But this is an air tackle, so circle should do the job.

And if he's landing on another guard then he didn't press circle while locked on to his target. He just didn't do it correctly; simple as that.
---
#9riddlebox89Posted 11/11/2012 11:27:34 AM
OhhSnap posted...
riddlebox89 posted...
OhhSnap posted...
Lock on, then circle.

How so? That's exactly how you do it. People tend to press square or x when doing air assassinations. But this is an air tackle, so circle should do the job.

And if he's landing on another guard then he didn't press circle while locked on to his target. He just didn't do it correctly; simple as that.

Read the post again and you'll find that he WAS locked onto the target, yet still tackled someone who was not the target.

Your advice is useless.
---
I am a dedicated member of the "Walter Sullivan Is Bad-Ass" group!!!
I am the true originator of the Cookie Demon theory on the SH2 and 3 boards.
#10OhhSnapPosted 11/11/2012 11:37:18 AM(edited)
riddlebox89 posted...
OhhSnap posted...
riddlebox89 posted...
OhhSnap posted...
Lock on, then circle.

Read the post again and you'll find that he WAS locked onto the target, yet still tackled someone who was not the target.

Your advice is useless.

Read the post again and you'll find that he didn't say which button he pressed when he was locked onto the target. Pressing square or X will give you different results than pressing circle.

At least I'm giving some sort of advice and not being such a rude and immature block head like you.

If you think I'm useless you'd better first think about how utterly useless AND immature you are. You're nothing but a small part of the huge bandwagon of inexperienced douches on this forum that whine like little crybabies about anything they can find to whine about.

So you, shut up and grow up. Also learn to be more polite and less block-headed otherwise you won't get so far in life. If you parents raised you wrong, then I'm sorry for that. But it's never too late to change your arrogant ways.
---