Assassin's' Creed III Review

#1pat2001Posted 11/12/2012 2:21:49 PM
Hey guys,

I just wanted to share my Assassin's Creed III review. I know I'm a little late to the game with this one but Ubisoft sent out their Canadian review copies late (ironic considering the game was developed in Canada).

Anyway, let me know what you think!

http://o.canada.com/2012/11/10/review-assassins-creed-iii/
#2AyahRivenPosted 11/12/2012 2:35:24 PM
The controls arenít the easiest to master

Stopped reading there. Anyone who struggled with the AC I - Revelations controls is beyond inept.
#3pat2001(Topic Creator)Posted 11/12/2012 2:38:46 PM
I don't think I'm the first person to complain about Assassin's Creed III's controls.

Compared to a lot of other games on the market right now, they are extremely hard to catch on to at first.
#4OhhSnapPosted 11/12/2012 2:41:54 PM(edited)
I think the AC3 controls are very similar to most of the games that have come out lately. Like Arkham City and Sleeping Dogs. They're starting to use the whole counter system now, and having played Sleeping Dogs I felt kinda at home with the AC3 controls.
But yeah, there are definitely people that aren't used to those types of controls.
---
You started getting shot at when you made yourself a target
#5NamelessRedWolfPosted 11/12/2012 2:48:13 PM
pat2001 posted...
I don't think I'm the first person to complain about Assassin's Creed III's controls.

Compared to a lot of other games on the market right now, they are extremely hard to catch on to at first.

Definitely not. The controls are so easy to learn. It took around two or three fights to figure everything out and it got really easy from there. I don't know how you had problems with them.
#6Wolf_SentinelPosted 11/12/2012 3:03:48 PM
Gotta agree with most of what you said in the review. Although it does make me wonder what you mean when you mention the the game needed more time for polish. I like that you don't really have a score. Just the what is good and what is bad. You're statement about someone not liking the previous games definitely rings true with me. I haven't bought one since AC1, but decided to give it another try. Always hated in the first game how I could get to my target completely undetected then assassinate them and suddenly the alarms are all ringing or the monotonous side quests. I enjoyed the naval battles and homestead the most. Most of the enjoyment from this game had nothing to do with the main story or missions. Absolutely hated some of the missions in order to get full synch due to ridiculous requirements like the naval mission where you have to ram three ships before ending it. Why with perfectly fine cannons would I ram a ship or the couple of chase missions where you have to not shove people. Overall I think it was a decent article and wish I would have read it before buying it.
#7AyahRivenPosted 11/12/2012 3:12:09 PM(edited)
pat2001 posted...

There's lots of slow people in the world, that doesn't mean they're right. My point was actually regarding the original control scheme (AC I - Revelations,) which is what you addressed in the article, as in attempting to streamline them, they have caused problems. But anyone who struggled with the original control scheme has absolutely no excuse and should be ignored and ridiculed.
#8Yunthor_HnCPosted 11/12/2012 3:16:16 PM
Although it does make me wonder what you mean when you mention the the game needed more time for polish.

Maybe he means that the game is buggy as all hell and needed more time in Quality Control for testing. Which it is and it did.
---
EMPTY [IIIII-----] FULL
The WTF!?-o-meter is currently... Normal
#9pat2001(Topic Creator)Posted 11/12/2012 3:19:24 PM
I don't think anyone deserves to be ridiculed over their opinion of a video game, but that's a different story all together.

I haven't really played much of the first two Assassin's Creed titles, only Brotherhood and Revelations. I just know that I had issues with the control schemes in both those titles and III's streamlining didn't really help.

I might be in the minority on my issues with the game's controls though I guess.

I've actually considered trying to convince my editors to let me score my reviews. But you like that they aren't scored? How come? I'm just curious.
#10AyahRivenPosted 11/12/2012 3:22:20 PM
pat2001 posted...
I don't think anyone deserves to be ridiculed over their opinion of a video game, but that's a different story all together.

I do. Opinions aren't sacred. Quite often they're stupid and very much deserving of ridicule.