Am I one of the few people that actually likes Connor? (spoilers)

#11LostGirlChanPosted 11/12/2012 11:27:49 PM
I really like his character; someone who really fights for his people. He looks a bit conflicted too sometimes after killing those templars who points out that they're not really that bad. His interactions with his recruits and Homestead people are very well thought-out, giving you different view outside his assassin-business.

Definitely want to see more of him if it's even possible considering what happened...
---
Zidane: "No cloud, no squall, shall hinder us!"
Cloud & Squall: "Whatever."
#12doughnut23Posted 11/12/2012 11:57:17 PM
he was the most "human" of the assassins, he really seemed to be affected by his mother dying unlike the past assassins who seemed unfazed even though their family just died...
#13DJANGO_BLaCkPosted 11/12/2012 11:59:17 PM
Nope. He's my favorite assassins for the reason listed in this thread.
#14Damien94Posted 11/13/2012 12:10:27 AM
He's my favorite of the main characters. Ezio was likable, but not very realistic and very shallow. Though I suppose that's ok since he was only being used for skill training.

Altair was "cool" in the master assassin sort of way, but lacked a lot in character. Revelations actually redeemed him a little for me during the flashbacks, especially with his wife.

Connor definitely is the most "human" of them. And he's got the most character and development.
---
Contrary to popular belief, opinions can be, and often are, wrong.
#15TakuruPosted 11/13/2012 12:13:30 AM
Xflowright posted...
I'm not saying he's my favorite, but give the guy a break . He went through a traumatic experience as a child, and those kind of events don't just get erased from your mind. .

So did Ezio and Altair, they both also had tramatic childhoods but you don't see them charging headfirst into every situation without a thought or care.

The templars even are nice enough to warn him that to defeat them, he needs to use his brain more but he ignores all advice and goes back to trying to save the world by sprinting straight at the problem with tomahawk in hand.
---
http://i923.photobucket.com/albums/ad79/april6e/caracarnvi.png
#16RoxasANobodyPosted 11/13/2012 12:24:40 AM
JManGT posted...
the past two were just basically "kill these dudzorz becuz they's Templarz yo!" and "Sorry assassin, the grand Master Templar is in another castle"

You know what you just said makes no sense at all. Or are you forgetting the scene where Achilles shows Connor the pictures of the men he has to kill because they're Templars?
---
"I've got so much love to give."
Currently playing: Ghost Recon: Future Soldier, NFS: The Run, and Initial D: Extreme Stage
#17JManGTPosted 11/13/2012 12:43:53 AM(edited)
RoxasANobody posted...
JManGT posted...
the past two were just basically "kill these dudzorz becuz they's Templarz yo!" and "Sorry assassin, the grand Master Templar is in another castle"

You know what you just said makes no sense at all. Or are you forgetting the scene where Achilles shows Connor the pictures of the men he has to kill because they're Templars?

Spoilers

I think you missed the first 5 sequences of the game....
They are well established long before the pictures.... Especially in sequence 4

---
PSN: JManGT
GT: James Upton
#18peephole303Posted 11/13/2012 12:49:46 AM
"Hes awesome, way more than Haythem, I dont get all the hype for Haythem I found him boring. Good twist but just meh. Maybe hes the Dark Vadar of the series I dunno"

.... are you french? i just have to ask after the "Dark vadar" bit
#19BillysanPosted 11/13/2012 12:54:01 AM
I only really liked him during the homestead missions.
---
http://billysan291.deviantart.com/
PSN: Billysan291 360 Live: Billy Saltzman
#20-3ID-CronicPosted 11/13/2012 1:05:25 AM
Guess spoilers but w/e

Conor annoyed me just for the simple fact her coulda killed haythem & lee long before he did. Yea it might have been a lot shorter of a game if he had but seriously what kind of assassin sits in the same room as & or walks with in inches of his main targets & doesn't slit their throats simple cuz some random person says not now? Haythem getting a pass due to being his father was at the least more realistic than the part with Lee in philly.

Beyond that he wasn't too bad just young, foolish & not fully trained. The not fully trained part is one of the few logical reasons I can think of for why they took away the counter attack option n only left us with throw's & disarm's. I'd guess since stealth wasn't nearly as big of a factor in this game making combat a tad more difficult might have been a attempt to counter balance.
---
PSN : BLUNTOLIGST