Franchise would've been better without abstergo and Scifi stuff ?

#1NicRPosted 11/13/2012 9:44:25 AM
What do you think?

Imagine a franchise about an age old sect seeking to bring establishment down just for the sake of nihilism (nothing is true...everything is permitted). The characters could just be different members throughout the ages. There's no need for an antagonistic group...society would be the enemy.

I remember the feeling i had when I saw the first AC, and it was awesome. I was hoping for morally neutral actors (not heroes or villains), but instead we got Machiavellian super-heroes and a black and white world....one side is good the other is bad and to top it all...well the ones that came before and the 2012 S&%t

Anyways...that's what i think.

what do you guys think?
---
-"Crescit amor nummi, quantum ipsa pecunia crescit"
PSN : TAXLORD ; why don't you like my PSN???
#2Majin TrunksPosted 11/13/2012 9:50:09 AM
I always thought the modern day stuff took away from the game. I'm hoping for a reboot where the modern day stuff is excluded and just focus on historical events.
---
Don't beg for your life! Pay for it!
#3banzaiheilPosted 11/13/2012 9:56:08 AM
Respectfully disagree, but the modern stuff simply fits very well into my typical preferred genres. I'm a big sci-fi geek, so I like it. But I can totally see how it's not for everybody.
---
RAMMSTEIN -Atlanta, GA 04/23/2012
Soooooooo good!
#4norwishPosted 11/13/2012 10:00:46 AM
Personally, I think their mistake was not using Abstergo more.
The modern day stuff was just way too rushed.
---
GT: Official Loser
PSN: n0rwish
#5xplorerwielderPosted 11/13/2012 10:02:40 AM
Desmond's story and his interaction with his ancestors through the animus is a cool idea, it was just executed pretty poorly. Whether or not you like how the modern story is going, it seems the consensus is that a lot of people really don't feel attached to Desmond.

If they had more Desmond missions aside from 10 minute spurts it could be different, but its too late now.
---
PSN: XPLORER_WIELDER
#6SymphonicRainPosted 11/13/2012 10:32:41 AM
I play these games for the ancestor parts. They could remove Desmond entirely and I'd be fine with it. Happier even.
---
"invade some poor sap and jihad bomb him" - LazyKenny
#7ScratchmyearsPosted 11/13/2012 10:36:01 AM(edited)
I probably never would have played any of the games if they were purely historical. The modern day stuff is what has kept me interested in the series. The only interesting parts of the historical settings are when a piece of eden shows up or a message from the First Civ. Each game has had less and less Desmond from the first game and I think it needed just the opposite.
I hope they treat the next protagonist with more respect in the coming games. What I really want is to get a sequence set during the First Civ time period. See how it all really began. At the same time though, demystifying them kind of kills the appeal so part of me really hopes they save that for when theyre ready to either move on from them as a plot device or end the series altogether.
I was really hoping the post credits epilogue would be about them.. instead we get a few measly scenes with Connor and an admittedly intriguing hacking concept.
#8TheDawnRiderPosted 11/13/2012 11:38:00 AM
I disagree. The modern stuff, abstergo, the animus...It really helps making this franchise something unique.
#9Gmoney-Posted 11/13/2012 2:14:13 PM
Disagree also. The modern stuff is the glue of the game.
---
"Nothing is true.Everything is permitted."
#10James MasonPosted 11/13/2012 2:17:20 PM
I liked the abstergo stuff, the sci fi stuff... What I didn't really like was that whole "First Civilisation and the end of the world" plotline...

Having the modern Templars under company named Abstergo and using their assets (including animus) for world control is great. I don't even mind there being artifacts from the First Civilisation... But it moved into the "too much about first civilisation" territory instead of focusing on the Modern Templar vs Modern Asassin plotline...
---
The wind carried screams from the west. I could not help but smile - Kain PSN/MGO ID : Stealth_Cobra | MGO Character : Stealth_Viper