After Assassin's Creed 2 this game is meh.

#1TheGamr101Posted 11/13/2012 11:53:06 AM
Now I am a big Assassin's Creed fan. Played every one and enjoyed them all, yes even Revelations. But Assassin's Creed 3 proves that when you rush a product it won't live up to it's previous games. My first problem is the menu's and tutorials. They are horrible. I am almost 10 hours in and I have no idea how to effectively make money. Also who's idea was it make the quick select menu not in game. In Assassin's Creed 2 all you had to do was press one button and use one analog stick. Now you have to press R2 wait for it to load and use the right and left analog sticks to select items. It is annoying. Mission layout isn't much better. Stealth is broken, checkpoints are horribly placed. I like the onscreen button layout in Assassin's Creed 2 that told me if I am close enough to assassinate someone. I have to guess now. Also running and free running on the same button, ugh. Lastly the graphics. They look ugly. It is obvious this engine is intended for the next generation cause it looks horrible. I wish companies would quit using next gen engines on current gen hardware. Battlefield 3 and MOH: Warfighter looked ugly on consoles cause it was using a engine that was too powerful for the hardware. Sorry for the wall of text.
---
Gaming is suppose to be fun, so enjoy it.
#2JManGTPosted 11/13/2012 11:55:03 AM
I'm in the opposite mindset after ac3 the previous games are meh
---
PSN: JManGT
GT: James Upton
#3Maximum OverdrivePosted 11/13/2012 12:00:51 PM
I have to agree with TC in some aspects.
---
Resistance: Fall of Man username: [AM>]Shadow_Angel
MGO username: [PED] SHADOW ANGEL
#4Realization4Posted 11/13/2012 12:49:38 PM
I agree about the menu and instructions, but disagree about the graphics. I haven't finished yet (not even close) so I can't speak to the story. I like the change in running.
---
Best topic ever: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/938621-playstation-home/47119413
#5norwishPosted 11/13/2012 12:53:39 PM
I agree with just about everything, except I still really like Brotherhood. After that it got a little too drawn out.
---
GT: Official Loser
PSN: n0rwish
#6scub666Posted 11/13/2012 2:44:47 PM
hey there - just joined .
anyone else find ac3 fatally flawed -
game play is pure cack - a quicktime event for every goddamn wolf (1 of which is capable of killing you) wtf ????
stealth is pathetic too - you walk past npcs and have no idea if your spotted till its too late .
i've perservered for a couple of hours ( just into the wilds) and i;'m seriously thinking of binning it .
does it get any easier/better ?
how f**kin disappointing
#7scub666Posted 11/13/2012 2:49:38 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#8Stanimal032Posted 11/13/2012 3:00:17 PM
The core gameplay is as good, if not better than the others. The fighting mechanics are good (even though they totally took any skill out of counter-attacking now) and look great.

That being said, I agree with you. The whole thing about sending caravans, crafting things, making money made no sense to me I also didn't send any assassins out on missions because it didn't seem like it really made any difference if I did or didn't. I often forgot I could honestly.

I also didn't use the Assassin's as much in general as much as I did in Brotherhood,but the options were cooler in 3. Faking that I was a prisoner to get into an area and then unleashing was cool. But I agree. The tutorials on what to do in the accounting books and everything were horrible and forgettable. That's why I forgot how to do most of them lol.
---
PSN: Stanimal032
Now Playing: Assassin's Creed 3, Borderlands 2
#9EedrahPosted 11/13/2012 3:08:34 PM(edited)
scub666 posted...
hey there - just joined .
anyone else find ac3 fatally flawed -
game play is pure cack - a quicktime event for every goddamn wolf (1 of which is capable of killing you) wtf ????
stealth is pathetic too - you walk past npcs and have no idea if your spotted till its too late .
i've perservered for a couple of hours ( just into the wilds) and i;'m seriously thinking of binning it .
does it get any easier/better ?
how f**kin disappointing

Thanks so much for joining up just to tell us that, the whole world can sleep easy now that you've expressed your opinion.....
#10scub666Posted 11/14/2012 7:20:23 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]