A few thoughts on Juno and the future of the franchise (**SPOILERS**)

#1AcFan87Posted 11/13/2012 3:08:59 PM
Okay, by now most of us know the ending. Desmond was presented with a choice by Minerva and Juno about the outcome of the solar flare disaster. Following Minerva's plan meant Desmond and the crew would emerge from The Grand Temple alive and in one piece and Desmond would later become a messiah/enlightened leader to the few pockets of humanity that survived the solar apocalypse. However Desmond's words of hope and peace would be twisted later down the line and the cycle of humanity would repeat itself. Choosing Juno's way meant the world would be saved from the apocalypse, but at a terrible price: the sacrifice of Desmond's life and an angry semi-goddess unleashed on the world.

The ending to Assassin's Creed: Liberation [SPOILER ALERT] shows Aveline looking into the apple and a voice says "Eve will lead the next generation into battle, and fight to stop humanity's enslavement by Juno". So, an obvious conclusion is that we have been playing the "Adam" side of the equation with Desmond and any future games will be on the "Eve" side of things. That could mean we get a female protagonist (modern day and historical) or it could be a male descendant from Eve who must venture into the animus and explore history to find a way to stop Juno. I think a logical historical setting would be either of the following: the time of Those Who Came Before, far back into history where we would take on the roles of Adam or Eve and see their rebellion and the eventual war between humanity and its creators. Just speculating, maybe Adam and Eve, in their rebellion, found a means of preventing a future enslavement by The First Civilization and a modern ancestor needs to track it down. A second logical historical setting would be Ancient Greece (Ancient Rome could work in this case as well). Ancient Greece is perfect solely for the fact that it has legends and myths about Jupiter (Zeus), Juno (Hera), Minerva (Athena) and many other gods/goddesses. As mentioned in previous games, the First Civilization became the stuff of legend and people worshipped them as gods. A lot of First Civilization history can be explored here, maybe "Prometheus", who gave mankind fire from the gods, in this case is a member of Those Who Came Before who sympathized with humanity and bestowed upon them a weapon (one of many pieces of Eden) that would ensure a fighting chance against Juno. Like Juno, maybe other members of the First Civilization found a way to "survive" or "transcend" by transferring their consciousness into an ancient computer similar to what Juno did in AC3 and are thus able to interact with humans long after their passing (as Minerva did with Ezio and Jupiter with Desmond, etc.)

IDK, its just pure speculation on my part. But I am fairly confident that we will be playing the "Eve" side of things next time. Maybe in the modern day story The Assassins and Templars form an uneasy and temporary alliance to combat Juno (as many have theorized). Anyway, discuss this theory or post your own theories on the ending and where the future of the franchise may be headed.
#2PhoenixPrincePosted 11/13/2012 3:34:51 PM
Sounds possible. I had no knowledge of Liberation because I lack a Vita, so I find that Eve part to be very relevant. Especially considering Desmond was told twice in Brotherhood he needs to find her. Perhaps that means he's not truly dead at the end of III?
---
I tell it how I see it. Controversial and I don't care.
#3SunricerPosted 11/13/2012 3:42:46 PM(edited)
If they make you play as a male descendant of Eve just so we can continue to have male main characters, I'll be a bit mad, tbh. I've been waiting for an AC game where we can play a female Assassin. (Not counting the Vita game)

I can see the Templars as possibly siding with Juno, I mean, she would bring order in some way, wouldn't she? (Or at least be able to convince some Tempalrs to "join" her cause. Aka willingly be enslaved.)
#4AcFan87(Topic Creator)Posted 11/14/2012 7:28:00 AM
PhoenixPrince posted...
Sounds possible. I had no knowledge of Liberation because I lack a Vita, so I find that Eve part to be very relevant. Especially considering Desmond was told twice in Brotherhood he needs to find her. Perhaps that means he's not truly dead at the end of III?

No, I believe Desmond is really dead. The devs said Assassin's Creed III would be his last game. Unless he becomes similar to Subject 16 in future games, a kind of ghost in the machine as Clay was in the Animus.
#5AcFan87(Topic Creator)Posted 11/14/2012 7:30:38 AM
sunricer posted...
If they make you play as a male descendant of Eve just so we can continue to have male main characters, I'll be a bit mad, tbh. I've been waiting for an AC game where we can play a female Assassin. (Not counting the Vita game)

I can see the Templars as possibly siding with Juno, I mean, she would bring order in some way, wouldn't she? (Or at least be able to convince some Tempalrs to "join" her cause. Aka willingly be enslaved.)

I agree, a female assassin would be cool to play on a console edition instead of just a handheld. I could see Juno converting some Templars to her cause..........it would be ironic though, as the Templars seek order through enslavement as long as they are in control, in this case they wouldn't be. Either way, I think whatever the next game brings will be awesome! :)