Patch details: Hood up, Weapon wheel faster, Chases easier *spoilers*

#21RafedxPosted 11/14/2012 11:15:50 AM
OhhSnap posted...
riouken1234 posted...
http://www.nowgamer.com/news/1678429/assassins_creed_3_patch_coming_really_soon.html

I feel sorry for the folks who finished the chase sequences 100% already.

I know you feel, guys. I played and finished Dark Souls before they patched it.

The chase sequence really isn't that hard. There's a certain path to take that would get you straiught to 100% synch if you follow it.

If anything it's a good thing for the people who have a hard time with it, but I don't think there's any need to feel sorry for us.

I didn't find them hard either, at least so far. I know people had issues on the Hickey chase sequence as I saw a ton of videos and guides explaning how to get %100, only issue I had was constant freezing until I uninstalled the GD and reinstalled it, did the sequence and got %100 first try.

None of the fixes directly affect me but the faster menu is nice.
---
http://www.terra-comic.com --> Terra: a Science Fiction Webcomic / Updates every 15th of the month.
#22Shift BreakerPosted 11/14/2012 11:24:24 AM
My first chase scene went great. He ended up running into a coach so I had time to catch up and tackle him there and then.

The second one was a bit more annoying. I went the same route so many times and it ended up varying whether he was 30m away or 50+. And when I got it right I screwed up once or twice by accidentally hitting fire. But that's entirely my fault.
---
http://www.ps3trophies.com/card/9/Shift_Breaker.png
http://i1085.photobucket.com/albums/j427/Shift_Breaker/145882.jpg
#23CadaurnyPosted 11/14/2012 11:47:05 AM
No mention about the the different color dyes showing up in cut scenes /sigh I was hoping for that. Wanted to look like a patriot while working with them.

As I recall from the AMA on Reddit, the reason they don't show is because they load textures that are quadruple the resolution of the regular outfits in cutscenes, so they didn't have enough space on the disc. I hope they put them in for PC though since it's already 17GBs anyway.
---
"Come all you xeno scum and fallen heretics, come face the one true might of the universe and wither under the Golden Throne's gaze!."
#24Nightmare966Posted 11/14/2012 11:54:30 AM
z_cherub posted...
THE_JOKE_KING33 posted...
No gun holster fix? :(

I was hopping it would be in the first patch and since none of these no longer affect me (I wear Kidd's outfit so I've never actually seen the mohawk outside of the cutscene he gets in, I only use the sword and gun so I hardly use the wheel, and I've already completed the story so no more chases) so this patch doesn't affect me at all. =/

THIS! It's ridiculous to have to go to a store to reset your double-barrel guns EVERY TIME something loads.

That's being fixed also, but I don't know if it is on the next patch. They're working on this for sure though.
---
PSN: Nightmare966
#25pk1154Posted 11/14/2012 12:08:26 PM
OhhSnap posted...
The chase sequence really isn't that hard. There's a certain path to take that would get you straight to 100% synch if you follow it.

If anything it's a good thing for the people who have a hard time with it, but I don't think there's any need to feel sorry for us.

There's obviously a certain path that should take you straight to 100% if it weren't for the fact that the game seems to have a 1-2m vagueness and certain things that it seems the designers intend to happen sometimes don't because objects or people are out of place. (I'm thinking of Chasing Lee as one glaring example. Much depended on the opening position of the exploding barrel and the first two soldiers, and to a lesser extent, the first man on the left.) I sometimes get 'distance' readings of 2 or even once 3m when I'm standing right on the spot.

Then there is some sort built in sluggishness I experience when I play this. Sometimes Connor won't start to run even when I'm holding R1 and pushing the left stick (or the horse only walks.) I do not have that trouble with the other AC games.
---
We're having a great time: food, wine, a little personal abuse, and the universe going foom.
#26BillysanPosted 11/14/2012 1:23:40 PM
Cadaurny posted...
No mention about the the different color dyes showing up in cut scenes /sigh I was hoping for that. Wanted to look like a patriot while working with them.

As I recall from the AMA on Reddit, the reason they don't show is because they load textures that are quadruple the resolution of the regular outfits in cutscenes, so they didn't have enough space on the disc. I hope they put them in for PC though since it's already 17GBs anyway.

It's kinda strange though if you have a dye that has the coat tails red it stays red in the cutscenes has well.
---
http://billysan291.deviantart.com/
PSN: Billysan291 360 Live: Billy Saltzman
#27habbox77Posted 11/14/2012 1:55:05 PM
nothing on fixing the holsters or Ezio and Altairs glued robes...
---
Official Gran Maestro of the Spanish Assassins of the AC3 Boards.
Victoria a los Asesinos!
#28gamefan190Posted 11/14/2012 2:08:58 PM
make the dyes stay in cutscenes
---
Games - Hitman: Absolution, Far Cry 3, DMC, Dead Space 3, Metal Gear Solid: Revengeance, Crysis 3
#29DuranOfForcenaPosted 11/14/2012 2:15:21 PM
PabloDuganheim posted...
Been seeing this story all over the place and it's good that they are actually listening to the input of players. I didn't have an issue with certain things like the chases, but at least they are paying attention. I'm spoiled to a degree though, I played FO3 and tried to play NV, so unless a game shudders to a stop every couple of minutes, or something major like that, I'm almost mentally immune to regular big game glitches; especially on recently released titles. If they can knock out actually problems, then it's all gravy!

Lol, me too, and I'm really not sure how I feel about it. On the one hand, I am thankful to FO:NV for raising my tolerance to bugs and making me able to shrug off smaller bugs in other games. But then again, bugs really shouldn't just be shrugged off. The prevalence of bugs in this generation is a sign of laziness and non-thoroughness, and just rolling with the bugs is a sign to developers that this kind of behavior is acceptable and they can get away with it. It's a slippery slope from there.

Also, I like how surprised the devs were that people didn't like being forced to have the hood down postgame. It's iconic to the series. That would be like Link without his cap or Garrus without his visor. You just don't take something that's that closely tied to the characters' indentity away.
---
I have walked across the surface of the sun. I have witnessed events so tiny and so fast they can hardly be said to have occurred at all...
#30PabloDuganheimPosted 11/14/2012 9:53:21 PM
DuranOfForcena posted...

Lol, me too, and I'm really not sure how I feel about it. On the one hand, I am thankful to FO:NV for raising my tolerance to bugs and making me able to shrug off smaller bugs in other games. But then again, bugs really shouldn't just be shrugged off. The prevalence of bugs in this generation is a sign of laziness and non-thoroughness, and just rolling with the bugs is a sign to developers that this kind of behavior is acceptable and they can get away with it. It's a slippery slope from there.

Also, I like how surprised the devs were that people didn't like being forced to have the hood down postgame. It's iconic to the series. That would be like Link without his cap or Garrus without his visor. You just don't take something that's that closely tied to the characters' identity away.

Well, I was kid of making a joke/small point that you obviously got, but I'm also not completely unconcerned with poorly executed games, especially when they have bugs that break certain aspects of the game. The hood thing....mmm....hoods are definitely part of the assassin's identity and they just don't look quite the same or carry the same swagger without them, but it's not as annoying as spending hours trying to do a side mission or something like that only to later, much later too, find out it's impossible to get done without a patch. That just plain sucks!

As games get bigger and bigger, we're going to see a lot more of this too. I'm not a dev, or anything even close to that, but I can understand to a small degree what it's like to just lose that pin in that massive and ever growing haystack. Oh, I'm not condoning laziness, but I don't think laziness is always the case and it's more a problem of ambition and crushing, often ridiculous self-imposed deadlines that get them in deep water here. I can guarantee that games like GTA5 are going to initially be infested with bugs and a lot of that's due to their sheer size and ability to do things that devs could have never possibly imagined people would attempt to do.

And last but not least, at least they're trying to actually fix the bugs, unlike Bethesda/Obsidian who quickly abandoned ship on FONV and just washed their hands of it and basically told players to shine it on! To have paid $10 for Loathsome Road and then not even being able to enter the new area without it instantly locking up solid every time I booted it up is borderline criminal! Yeah, AC3 certainly has its' share of bugs, but we both know it's never going to get as bad as that mess. That's what I'm really talking about here.
---
I, for one, welcome our new feral ghoul overlords!
(call me PD -it's easier)