Sooo the ship battles......

#1wickdawg01Posted 11/14/2012 10:58:50 AM
are the most fun things I have done in a game in years!

I can't get enough of them. I mean If they made a game just based around sailing a ship and visiting ports and such and used the same mechanics and controls they used in this game, I would buy two copies.
---
Karma will come to your house and wreck up the place.
------TimEnchanter
#2JerichoEstacioPosted 11/14/2012 11:29:22 AM
wickdawg01 posted...
are the most fun things I have done in a game in years!

I can't get enough of them. I mean If they made a game just based around sailing a ship and visiting ports and such and used the same mechanics and controls they used in this game, I would buy two copies.

I would have to agree with this. The missions are very fun to play. The mechanics are actually very well done considering its basically an add on to the main game.
#3-3ID-CronicPosted 11/14/2012 11:34:13 AM
you might want to check out a 99% free online game called "pirates of the burning sea". You might just really like it but there are some major differences the most obvious will be the graphics as it lacks storms, waves etc. Would be sweet if it had the weather system but the ship battles on there are more tactical. Also has some land / boarded ship based fighting too.

Most basic general breakdown is 4 factions, British, Spanish, French & Pirate each of whom control a "Capital" port & fight over dozens of other ports. Ports each have set of resources that can be used in crafting everything from new ships to consumables used in battle. The ports with the most rare resources are generally the only ones fought over. Conflict Zones turn into PVP areas but you an always turn your pvp flag on if you want.
---
PSN : BLUNTOLIGST
#4SymphonicRainPosted 11/14/2012 11:35:05 AM
Just did my first naval mission last night, they are fun. There's a lot to do in this game, though the assassination missions are a bitter disappointment to me. No info on why you're killing the target, which makes Connor look like an indiscriminate killer who gets paid.
---
"invade some poor sap and jihad bomb him" - LazyKenny
#5wickdawg01(Topic Creator)Posted 11/14/2012 11:48:51 AM
-3ID-Cronic posted...
you might want to check out a 99% free online game called "pirates of the burning sea". You might just really like it but there are some major differences the most obvious will be the graphics as it lacks storms, waves etc. Would be sweet if it had the weather system but the ship battles on there are more tactical. Also has some land / boarded ship based fighting too.

Most basic general breakdown is 4 factions, British, Spanish, French & Pirate each of whom control a "Capital" port & fight over dozens of other ports. Ports each have set of resources that can be used in crafting everything from new ships to consumables used in battle. The ports with the most rare resources are generally the only ones fought over. Conflict Zones turn into PVP areas but you an always turn your pvp flag on if you want.

Thanks for that, I'll check that out tonight when I get home!
---
Karma will come to your house and wreck up the place.
------TimEnchanter
#6SentaPosted 11/14/2012 11:54:42 AM
Pirates of the Caribbean Online...Free roam around the world in your ship...Best thing? The AC3 ship system is almost exactly like the system in that game, the main difference being that you have other actual players manning your cannons as your crew and such. Not to mention a nice selection of ships you can get, ranging from small, super fast ones which can still take down the largest with a good crew, or huge Frigates and such with tons of cannons to blast everything away,

Sadly, I haven't played PotC Online in a long while...dunno if its even around now.
#7SkunkHunterPosted 11/14/2012 12:00:21 PM
Agree, TC on the naval battles. Lots of fun and you're right - a pleasant surprise to have such a nice bit of gameplay in a sort of add-on. It seems like they spent a lot of time creating something that they didn't use all that much; perhaps DLC will give us more naval missions . . .
#8-3ID-CronicPosted 11/14/2012 12:15:51 PM
Senta posted...
Pirates of the Caribbean Online...Free roam around the world in your ship...Best thing? The AC3 ship system is almost exactly like the system in that game, the main difference being that you have other actual players manning your cannons as your crew and such. Not to mention a nice selection of ships you can get, ranging from small, super fast ones which can still take down the largest with a good crew, or huge Frigates and such with tons of cannons to blast everything away,

Sadly, I haven't played PotC Online in a long while...dunno if its even around now.

played both PotC & PotBS & must say that while in some ways similar PotBS is hands down 10,000% better, also free. Not being trolled by Disney chat Nazi's in of of it's self makes up for roughly 2,500% of my 10,000% rating. Beyond that PotBS is just so much more in depth. For example PotC had 8 ships last I played while PotBS has a few 1,000.

disclaimer : being banned from PoTC for saying a few ghost ships gang raped me has only slightly influenced my hate for the Disney chat nazi's. The restrictions on chat are sooooo overwhelmingly stupid it made it hard to play.

If you do get into PotBS I suggest joining the captains club for exactly 1 month then canceling it as you will keep & the extra perks n stuff it grants even though u canceled
---
PSN : BLUNTOLIGST
#9superhPosted 11/14/2012 12:16:43 PM
Yes, i lvoed them. I hope we get an entire DLC for it!! Maybe like a horde mode!
---
"Magic doesn't exist? Oh really, then explain magic tricks you nimwit."
-Dax Flame
#10SaltyKid2Posted 11/14/2012 4:04:47 PM
I was expecting the controls to suck, glad I was wrong.
---
i reject to reality and subsitute my own
PSN:CanadianPirate2