Why, oh why can't we have challenging puzzles in games anymore?

#1MissTFayedPosted 11/14/2012 2:48:20 PM
Just did the Boston Underground (what's the purpose of it in the game, anyway) and the puzzles in there were... Uninspired 3rd grade level puzzles. Anyone with at least half a functioning braincell could figure them out. Where's the challenge.
---
Current Game Crush : Miguel. Hands off!
#2BillysanPosted 11/14/2012 2:51:27 PM
The underground tunnels unlock new fast travel points on the map.
---
http://billysan291.deviantart.com/
PSN: Billysan291 360 Live: Billy Saltzman
#3_Dura_Posted 11/14/2012 2:51:35 PM
If they're too hard it might hurt some people's feelings ;_;

Remember, this game was mostly advertised via the SICK NASTY KILL ANIMATIONS, guess who their target audience is.
---
PSN: Duragon_Mikado
kabuki....isnt that were you ...you know...on the girl? - CrusaderZeRo
#4EedrahPosted 11/14/2012 2:55:19 PM
_Dura_ posted...

Remember, this game was mostly advertised via the SICK NASTY KILL ANIMATIONS, guess who their target audience is.

People like you and me?
#5MissTFayed(Topic Creator)Posted 11/14/2012 2:57:36 PM
Billysan posted...
The underground tunnels unlock new fast travel points on the map.

I know. But they're such a 'mission' for so little reward.
---
Current Game Crush : Miguel. Hands off!
#6BillysanPosted 11/14/2012 2:59:49 PM
They are not challenging so the reward isn't great...
---
#7Hades192Posted 11/14/2012 3:00:08 PM
Because casual gamers' make up most of the video game market and will not continue to play if they have to think at all or challenged.

The hardcore gamer who's been playing since NES days(even some New gamers' as well) are a small slice of the pie and will still play the games because we are gamers' and almost can't help ourselves to Not continue our hobby of playing games.

I used to argue that games did in fact make you think and exercised your brain along with the entertainment value but now.....I can't agree because they are now implementing games to play themselves; so they can tap into an even younger generation of gamers' and increase their market.

I think once DmC is released, I've been considering gamer suicide (stop playing games), because there is literally not as much fun because of how easy they've become.
#8_Dura_Posted 11/14/2012 3:05:02 PM
Eedrah posted...
_Dura_ posted...

People like you and me?

Wrong.
---
#9BillysanPosted 11/14/2012 3:08:52 PM
Hades192 posted...
Because casual gamers' make up most of the video game market and will not continue to play if they have to think at all or challenged.

The hardcore gamer who's been playing since NES days(even some New gamers' as well) are a small slice of the pie and will still play the games because we are gamers' and almost can't help ourselves to Not continue our hobby of playing games.

I used to argue that games did in fact make you think and exercised your brain along with the entertainment value but now.....I can't agree because they are now implementing games to play themselves; so they can tap into an even younger generation of gamers' and increase their market.

I think once DmC is released, I've been considering gamer suicide (stop playing games), because there is literally not as much fun because of how easy they've become.

DmC..?

More like Bayonetta 2...

Unless you mean the release of DmC wants to make you kill yourself.
---
#10_Dura_Posted 11/14/2012 3:12:45 PM
Billysan posted...
Hades192 posted...

DmC..?

More like Bayonetta 2...

Unless you mean the release of DmC wants to make you kill yourself.

I think you have gravely misunderstood him.
---