ASSASSINS CREED III - SEQUENCE 6 - CONVOY DESTROYED - what?

#1tildarama1Posted 11/16/2012 1:58:29 PM
Hi,

I have just shut down AC3 (ps3) for the night as i'm thoroughly confused.

I was all ready to start homestead management when I began sequence 6.

Lots of messages popped up telling me new things and I seem to remember a - convoy under attack - message but as I had done no freeroaming up until this point (planned on doing main missions until seq.6 then going for a wander) I didnt reach the convoy on time as it took me 2 mins to get my bearings and so it was destroyed.

I didn't even send this convoy, I only sent the obligatory on for Achillies. How do I get another convoy because I only have the woodcutters, hunter and barrel making dude?

This has so annoyed me because it feels like it should not have happened as I was just getting into the swing of things!

PLEASE HELP!!
#2True RunePosted 11/16/2012 2:44:15 PM
I suppose there is a chance that the very first Convoy you send as the tutorial for the Accounting book gets destroyed.(probably what happened)

anyway, you can make more Convoys(and increase their capacity) via the Crafting Menu in the Accounting book.
---
It took hundreds to kill me, but I killed humans by the THOUSANDS!!! Look at me!!! I am sublime!! I am the TRUE face of evil!!!
#3tildarama1(Topic Creator)Posted 11/16/2012 2:50:50 PM
True Rune posted...
I suppose there is a chance that the very first Convoy you send as the tutorial for the Accounting book gets destroyed.(probably what happened)

anyway, you can make more Convoys(and increase their capacity) via the Crafting Menu in the Accounting book.

I agree probably what happened but it's silly (and possibly shouldn't have happened) because 6 in game months had passed and connor had grown up by the time the convoy was destroyed as I sent it in sequence 5 before the obligatory 'leave the animus scene'.

How do I craft another convoy because I have no idea what materials are needed or which artisan to use.

THANK YOU.
#4True RunePosted 11/16/2012 2:52:36 PM
You'll need Lance, the wood worker.....i foget the materials needed....pine lumber? kindling?

just go to the crafting menu, it's in the....special items(?) section. that will tell you exactly what you need.
---
It took hundreds to kill me, but I killed humans by the THOUSANDS!!! Look at me!!! I am sublime!! I am the TRUE face of evil!!!
#5tildarama1(Topic Creator)Posted 11/16/2012 3:00:07 PM
True Rune posted...
You'll need Lance, the wood worker.....i foget the materials needed....pine lumber? kindling?

just go to the crafting menu, it's in the....special items(?) section. that will tell you exactly what you need.

THANK YOU.

I will go back on tomorrow and do as you suggest.

It's just a weird glitch I reckon as I'm sure I was probably supposed to be able to use that one convoy until I could craft others.

THANK YOU AGAIN.
#6True RunePosted 11/16/2012 3:02:26 PM
Not a Problem.
---
#7tildarama1(Topic Creator)Posted 11/16/2012 3:04:28 PM
Just googled Lance and he is the guy I have, so I will find the materials and get myself a shiny new convoy :)

THANK YOU AGAIN.

(Still interested to see if anyone else encountered this problem.)
#8Gmoney-Posted 11/16/2012 8:47:57 PM
On the crafting menu click right on the recipe screen and pushing up and down is your friend. It's not explained well in game but that should cover it.
---
The fire baby, it'll burn us both. Always....and never.
#9tildarama1(Topic Creator)Posted 11/18/2012 4:46:05 PM
Thank you for all your help, I have built a new convoy.

It got attacked on it's first trip out but I got there and saved it this time!

My gosh they really needed to do more to explain the crafting menu it's a bit confusing and off-putting at the beginning.

THANK YOU AGAIN.
#10Axel7174Posted 11/18/2012 10:51:46 PM
If you ask me, you were lucky. A lot of people (including myself) got hit with the convoy glitch where if it is attacked, it stays that way, permanently. You can't find it to defend it, nor is it "destroyed", allowing you to build a new one. It just stays "attacked" permanently.

And unless I missed it, despite the huge number of fixes in that recently announced patch, this glitch was not on the list.
---
"If you come here, you'll find me...I promise..." ~Squall Leonhart
"Tonight's the night we silence you, there's nowhere left to run." ~ADTR