Encyclopedia of the common man. How do you complete this?

#21Dr_KainPosted 11/19/2012 5:52:09 AM
najzere posted...
Mine shows 3/3 on everyone and their entries made in the encyclopedia, but I didn't get the trophy and I still see the homestead in my logbook. I'm guessing one of the 3/3 entries is really 2/3, but who knows which one and I really don't feel like trying to scan everyone again until I get an activity I haven't seen yet. Just one more bug in a long, long line of bugs and glitches I've experienced throughout this game.

Does it also say "<insert job> log book description is complete" or something like that under each type?
---
GLaDOS 2012 - At least she admits the cake is a lie.
#22Dr_KainPosted 11/19/2012 5:53:36 AM
Smirno posted...
then they're not doing any of the stuff that relates to their "jobs".

Nope, even when they were cutting a tree it said that. Usually it tells me I already have that job scanned, but that is not the case with the Lumberers.
---
GLaDOS 2012 - At least she admits the cake is a lie.
#23najzerePosted 11/19/2012 7:08:15 AM
Dr_Kain posted...
najzere posted...
Mine shows 3/3 on everyone and their entries made in the encyclopedia, but I didn't get the trophy and I still see the homestead in my logbook. I'm guessing one of the 3/3 entries is really 2/3, but who knows which one and I really don't feel like trying to scan everyone again until I get an activity I haven't seen yet. Just one more bug in a long, long line of bugs and glitches I've experienced throughout this game.

Does it also say "<insert job> log book description is complete" or something like that under each type?

Yes.
#24SkunkHunterPosted 11/23/2012 11:14:59 AM
The patch worked for me. Sort of, you have to help it. I had the glitch (common, as I understand it, no pun intended) where you have everybody scanned 3/3, but one entry (my farmers) did not have a "log entry updated" notation for the farmers underneath it.

If I scanned a new activity for the Farmers, it would pop the 3/3 message again, but no updated log entry and no 'cheevo.

Downloaded the patch today. No update and no 'cheevo. Scanned Warren and Prudence doing things I'd already scanned and got the "already scanned" message. Scanned some other folks because a different thread seemed to suggest that might update things. It did not for me.

Finally, I saw Warren plowing, which was new. Scanned him. The 3/3 message popped, then the log entry, and then the 'cheevo. So that worked. If you're already at 3/3 but don't have the updated log entry for someone, try scanning them doing something new and it should update. It worked for me . . .