Would you buy an exclusively multiplayer release?

#21Suterman0123Posted 11/18/2012 11:52:17 AM
Nope. I'd be happy if they split the games into multiplayer and singleplayer games though, maybe the game's story would be more developed then.
#22heyitsthatguy11Posted 11/18/2012 11:57:17 AM
Also, the removal of contested kills. The multiplayer is too damned stun heavy. It used to be about hunting while having the fear of being hunted at the same time. But with the increased stun range and contested kills, it's become ridiculous.
---
Square Enix, create a sequel to TWEWY. You have 3 years. Fail and face erasure. - The Fanbase
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fjf48W3Dg98
#23Adam_KrossPosted 11/18/2012 11:59:52 AM
In it's current state? HAHAHAHA, no. You expect me to pay $60 for a half assed MP only game? As if. Put effort in it, and maybe. By that I mean:

- Unique kill animations
- A story that isn't simply text & vids. Matter of fact, it would be the perfect opportunity to flesh out the MP characters by giving us a few missions (Not half assed crap, mind you) per character that play out like AC story sequences
- Actual customizations for the characters. Customization as is, barely changes anything... yay, Lady maverick gets a minor skirt change... big whoop
- Absolutely no glitches (Oh wait... that's asking too much)
- Events that aren't crap. Revolution was text, 2 objectives, 1 objective that doesn't even look like it'll be done before the end of today, and restricted modes... yeah wut? Hell, if they gave us an opening story video for it, MAYBE people might be curious to see the Herne video and actually played the event.
- More modes... while I'm at, WTF happened to STA, CC, & Alliance? No one played them so they got removed?... Why?
- A clan system... Now I'm not one for clans, but Emblems are currently pointless
- No exclusives >_> None of this "You want Redcoat? Go pre order at Target" BS

All that, and MAYBE I'd pay 40$. But not 60$. I'm in AC for SP.

TC didn't ask if we would pay $60 for AC3's multiplayer, she asked if we would buy an exclusively multiplayer release. If they had a year to work on multiplayer only, I would definitely buy it. I dropped single player as soon as I rushed through it in ACR and AC3.
---
PSN: Kotoso
#24MaximoomPosted 11/18/2012 12:25:25 PM
wouldnt play it even for free.
#25Junta_JastPosted 11/18/2012 12:30:10 PM
heyitsthatguy11 posted...
Also, the removal of contested kills. The multiplayer is too damned stun heavy. It used to be about hunting while having the fear of being hunted at the same time. But with the increased stun range and contested kills, it's become ridiculous.

---
Marceline, MY Vampire Queen --> http://tinyurl.com/bzlf5fo
#26dedbusPosted 11/18/2012 1:10:05 PM
Probably not. I don't see how they could flesh it out to be a mp game only. To do something on the scale of battlefield which carried it own just on mp incidentally added SP to the series anyway. Perhaps they could follow the Quake mold which went from single player and introduced a multiplayer masterpiece in Quake 3. As it is I don't see how dropping SP would improve multiplayer as it did in Quake 3, but I could see dropping multiplayer freeing up resources to improve the main game.
#27CharpandaV1Posted 11/18/2012 1:38:27 PM
Oh yes I would.

Haven't played the SP yet, but the MP is hella fun. I only ask that they change not being able to grab kill someone because they threw a smoke bomb. If you're not caught in it, it shouldn't affect you.
---
"...Pretty much boosting your boosting"-- DeliciousJello
Official Daniel Cross of the ACIII boards
#28nubs222Posted 11/18/2012 1:44:35 PM
weirdjake52 posted...

EDIT: no smoke bombs? isn't the cooldown nerf enough? it may be cheap but it's darn hell useful

I don't use smoke bombs at all, they seem cheap to me.. You're 3/4ths thru your killing motion and some tool throws a smoke bomb.. I'd feel like a cheater, I love ending up in 1st after not using that crap while others have.. Don't need no cheap toys to beat people! :P

Oh for Pete's sake, they already nerfed the hell out of smoke bomb and got rid of mute, and half the time you still end up wasting it when someone kills the target you were about to stun, so use it.
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/JohnnyBGoode1122?feature=mhee
PSN: The_Despair_
#29NeoMonkPosted 11/18/2012 1:49:56 PM
nubs222 posted...
<Oh for Pete's sake, they already nerfed the hell out of smoke bomb

Sounds like someone hasn't seen the roofing videos...
SB was buffed not nerfed, do your homework.
---
"How am i spelling?" Please call 800-WHO-CARES or online at Imlonely.com
#30CyhortI82Posted 11/18/2012 2:07:09 PM
Hell no. I play AC for the single player. MP is just a nice thing to play every once and a while.
---
TheTygerfire is the love of my life.
I believe in the Straight Edge Savior and the Mizziah I love DLC :)