Would you buy an exclusively multiplayer release?

#41JackSolomonPosted 11/19/2012 8:08:57 AM
I hate people.

So no.
---
PSN: Xeriam
#42najzerePosted 11/19/2012 8:31:43 AM
Smoke bomb was buffed and nerfed from ACR to AC3 with longer cooldown, but more upwards and downwards verticality (so it works on angles). Since AC3 released, it's also been nerfed to have slightly less upwards verticality.
#43Shadow_KnivesPosted 11/19/2012 10:45:11 AM
Wolfpack was the only reason I even touched the Multiplayer option in the main menu.
---
http://www.backloggery.com/Lifthrasis
That's not a knife.
#44AlexFiliPosted 11/19/2012 11:16:39 AM
Hell yeah
---
Like Dragonball Z? Check out my blog!
http://legendarysuperwarriors.tumblr.com/
#45rivenoxPosted 11/19/2012 1:22:31 PM
no
---
The preceding statement likely contains a large amount of sarcasm... If you believe i have agreed with you in any way, please re-read...
#46DaRk MaGe2004Posted 11/19/2012 1:38:13 PM
The thing with MP is that it needs to be console based MP to have nay hope on longevity. Eventually any online based MP servers will be shut down or will become ghost towns. Depending on the game this could happen within a year or within 5 years. But I can still pop in my copy of Smash Bros. Melee and play with friends.

So unless its got longevity...I can't see myself shelling out $60 for a MP only game.
---
To die without leaving a trace, that is the legacy of the Garo
#47Iceman5533V2Posted 11/19/2012 1:41:53 PM
i never play MP can't stand it so my answer would be NO
#48AlexFiliPosted 11/19/2012 2:08:57 PM
Multiplayer wouldn't really stand well on it's own. In fact, I can't think of a single game in a franchise that would be great as a pure online game with nothing else. AC is more about story than a lot of other games in it's category.
---
Like Dragonball Z? Check out my blog!
http://legendarysuperwarriors.tumblr.com/
#49BluntChick(Topic Creator)Posted 11/19/2012 4:23:06 PM
Thanks for the info Najzere, I hope they tweak it some more!

AlexFili posted...
Multiplayer wouldn't really stand well on it's own. In fact, I can't think of a single game in a franchise that would be great as a pure online game with nothing else. AC is more about story than a lot of other games in it's category.

The reason I asked this question is because I've been addicted to online gaming since I played my first online game over a decade ago.. I have played everything from Ultima Online, World of Warcraft, Uncharted, Tiger Woods Golf, NHL, the list goes on.. But I have never had more fun playing an online game than I've had with AC multiplayer! There is something totally different with this game where you need to be sneaky, stealthy and fast at the same time. So I beg to differ, to me this game is more about MP than it is story. And I'm not saying the story is bad because its awesome too! But they must be doing something right since the online servers are always packed even at 4 in the morning I find a game in literally 2 seconds, which wasn't the case in Brotherhood so the community must be growing pretty rapidly!

The thing is that I'm addicted to competition and there is nothing like competing against other humans. The formula may not be perfect but what is perfect? Its fun as all hell and I'm not only hooked on this game, I am obsessed with it! :P

As long as we're talking, what are your favorite new perks in this game? I really like Sixth Sense because if you have a pursuer, you can run for a bit and it will show you exactly which direction they're coming from which is very helpful! They ruined the X2 perk which I liked so I use Minor Hack instead now! And the only other skills I've been using is Poison, Morph and knives, nothing else seems to suit me!
---
Twitter: @BluntChick
#50sundukesPosted 11/19/2012 5:01:08 PM
I would do it. I love the multiplayer, but they would have to add much more content. Many more maps and more abilities, characters, customizations and modes.