Filling in the Frontier map

#1DRX777Posted 11/18/2012 4:04:58 PM
Man this is so hard to see what is and what isn't filled in. Big chunks of the wilderness have dark blue swirls over em, despite being discovered. :/
---
Oh no, there goes Toh-kee-yoh!
http://www.rockband.com/users/Dark_Raven_X
#2GonzoDukePosted 11/18/2012 4:18:26 PM
I had trouble with this as Turn the brightness way up and if you move the map around there is a light area in the backgroud that moves around a little. Try to line up the parts of the map you want to look at with the bright area.
---
Never Cross the GraetMagnet
#3MetrosexualVaanPosted 11/18/2012 5:19:56 PM
The maps in this game are a freaking joke. Why even have viewpoints if they don't open up everything like in the past games?
#4PabloDuganheimPosted 11/18/2012 5:26:21 PM
I sure mowed through a lot of blank areas in NY and Boston while waiting for another courier to drop. Filled in a lot more looking for pivots in the Frontier. LOTS of pixel mowing!
---
I, for one, welcome our new feral ghoul overlords!
(call me PD -it's easier)
#5najzerePosted 11/19/2012 4:23:42 AM
I heard if you look with the hunting region overlay it's easier to spot places you need to uncover. I haven't started this BS yet myself though.
#6Newts_UtePosted 11/19/2012 4:27:41 AM(edited)
You dont need to get ALL of the map, just most of it. Collecting chests, feathers, hunting, and other missions will fill in a great chunk of it. Then just fill in all the rivers and lakes, follow every path. Basically they are much easier to pick out on the map so filling them in is simple. Every pixel counts so there is no reason not to. Mine popped with not even half of the paths fully discovered and I still have large blocks of unexplored terrain.
---
Recent platinums: Assassins Creed 3 | Darksiders 2 | FFXIII-2 | Skyrim
#7ukeguy808Posted 11/19/2012 4:41:22 AM
The frontier was the easiest one to uncover because of all the hunting i did
---
We work in the dark to serve the light. We are Assassins. Nothing is true, everything is permitted.
Official Yusuf Tazim of the AC3 boards
#8CaterwaulPosted 11/19/2012 7:37:37 AM
Newts_Ute posted...
You dont need to get ALL of the map, just most of it. Collecting chests, feathers, hunting, and other missions will fill in a great chunk of it. Then just fill in all the rivers and lakes, follow every path. Basically they are much easier to pick out on the map so filling them in is simple. Every pixel counts so there is no reason not to. Mine popped with not even half of the paths fully discovered and I still have large blocks of unexplored terrain.

I did this in Sequence 6 or 7, hunting beavers, and got the exploration for the map before I even had the whole frontier available to me. This seems to be the way to do it.
#9Grendel PrimePosted 11/19/2012 8:03:29 AM
Caterwaul posted...
Newts_Ute posted...

I did this in Sequence 6 or 7, hunting beavers, and got the exploration for the map before I even had the whole frontier available to me. This seems to be the way to do it.

Also, I've found that if you look at the hunting map and uncover the areas along the borders of each hunting zone, you'll get the challenge done. Just look at the hunting map and run up and down each side of every border to each zone. Takes maybe an hour or two, and you can hunt/kill patrols/attack convoys while you're out there.
---
"Uh, 'video game' you say? Well golly gee, you mighty spacemen of the future will have to show me how it works." - Fry