About Connor and Desmondy

#1ggmboyzPosted 11/19/2012 4:56:36 AM
I been seeing that "Connor Mohawk" will that means Connor will have to cut his hair? i mean its a must? i thought that its only optional. if thats the case. i rather choose his long hair than a mohawk.

and btw. what happen to Desmond hidden blades?
#2egpNoodlezPosted 11/19/2012 4:59:49 AM
Yes, the mohawk is part of the story, I liked the idea because it felt like Conner was bringing his A game. Although at the same time, I'm not a huge fan of his mohawk. Of course the game glitched for me since i was using Achille's Original Robes so the moment he went to get a mohawk he actually came out with Desmond hair xD

Desmond's secret blade...hate it. When he wears it, he makes no attempt to hide it. Hell I know in the situation he uses it there's not really any point, but still it just would look better than the lazy way he wears it. Heck I have the Brotherhood roleplay gauntlet, I can get the blade part under my jacket sleeve just fine _ Anyways, he will use it later on, but he uses unarmed for the first couple of missions.
---
http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e277/egpNoodlez/BBE_40.jpg
http://www.ps3trophies.com/card/11/egpNoodlez.png
#3ggmboyz(Topic Creator)Posted 11/19/2012 5:23:04 AM
At what sequence will Connor have his Mohawk hair? I dont get his logic at all.
#4egpNoodlezPosted 11/19/2012 5:25:28 AM
IIRC, final sequence which is...12. I think, I haven't played in a week, lent to a friend while I'm replaying Dishonored and wait for Thanksgiving patch.
---
http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e277/egpNoodlez/BBE_40.jpg
http://www.ps3trophies.com/card/11/egpNoodlez.png
#5ggmboyz(Topic Creator)Posted 11/19/2012 5:28:13 AM
At what reason did he make his hair mohawk? its ok if its spoiler. im at sequence 9 so its ok.
#6fracturedkoiPosted 11/19/2012 5:31:04 AM
Don't think of a Mohawk like you would a spiked, hairsprayed, punk look.

It's a symbolical thing. He's a Native American who's going to war; that means war paint and an intimidating haircut. That's why he cut his hair, it was a symbolical or spiritual thing for him.
---
Psn name: FracturedKoi
#7James MasonPosted 11/19/2012 5:31:38 AM
*SPOILERS*

I think the Mowhawk thing is mostly symbolic...

Connor is Half Indian , Half European. His long hair and ponytail is akin to Haytham's own hair, it makes Connor appear like an European.

But once he kills Haytham, he realises he's not like that man, that's he's closer to his Indian Heritage than his European Heritage, so he does the traditional hairdo and war paint of his people and finishes the fight...
---
The wind carried screams from the west. I could not help but smile - Kain PSN/MGO ID : Stealth_Cobra | MGO Character : Stealth_Viper
#8MadigariPosted 11/19/2012 5:37:10 AM(edited)
ggmboyz posted...
At what reason did he make his hair mohawk? its ok if its spoiler. im at sequence 9 so its ok.

"In defiance to the mass scalpings the Mohawks used this hairstyle as a symbolic gesture of open rebellion, this has a taunting effect on those who choose to hunt down and scalp the Mohawks for war or pay."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mohawk_hairstyle

EDIT: Oh, yeah. Just in case, this leads one to believe he did it to signify his distance from both his father, the Templars, and the Patriots. I.E., a gesture of open rebellion to those that would hunt or harm his people.
---
Gamertag is Madigari, for both Xbox 360 and PSN.
Of all the things I've lost, I miss my originality the most.
#9PabloDuganheimPosted 11/19/2012 6:10:39 AM
For a while there, I was very curious about which hairstyle Connor would be sporting at any particular time. He'd walk through a door or change a camera angle and suddenly he'd have the odd, texture free buzz cut and then he'd magically go back to a Mohawk! Then the buzz, then the 'hawk, ect., but he now seems to be content with the 'hawk for his post game activities.
---
I, for one, welcome our new feral ghoul overlords!
(call me PD -it's easier)
#10MikmaqSoliderPosted 11/22/2012 5:34:26 PM
This is the meaning of the Mohawk :

First off, research the GREAT PEACE of the Iroquois. Its a complicated and large socio-religious teaching which is the backbone of the Iroquois Confederacy.

The haircut is symbolic of severing connections to the Law of Great Peace, and declaring yourself .. in so many was.. as "insane". The Law of Great Peace does not permit killing, and the only way for a Mohawk to kill is if he is "insane and cannot make any rational and sane choices".

The single strip is left in the middle to help guide the warrior back to his sanity once his "warpath" is over.

its actually part of a very complicated socio-political-spiritual Iroquois (of which the Mohawk belong) cultural dynamic. Basically, in an oversimplified nutshell, the long hair is representative of Peace. Cut hair (with single strip) means you have "separated yourself from the Great Peace" and that you are basically "insane".

You let it grow back to normal once your "regain sanity" and again live by the Law of Great Peace.

That is an over simplification, but the point is that its not a "simple" thing. Its actuall part of a complex cultural dynamism among the Mohawk people.

Connor's retention of the Mohawk in post-game , I thought, was symbolic that he never regained his sense of Peace.

Or it was a simple glitch... lol