Ubisoft should heavily consider dumping synchronization objectives.

#51gohan826Posted 11/19/2012 6:20:07 PM
_Chalky_White posted...
So, in closing... People have every right to complain about them, because they do suck. (I personally think the naval mission with the "Kill 3/3 ships by shooting at their powder stores" is the dumbest. That's about as luck-based as I've seen.)

It's the opposite of luck, actually. Knock out the ship's masts, then get in front of each, lightly lobbing the basic cannonball into the front of the ship.

I mean, it's a stupid requirement because it's counter-intuitive to what should be the goal: quickly disposing the ships, but it's not luck.

Yeah, every time I've tried the suggestions that others have posted (in other topics), I always end up accidentally sinking the ships or that Man O'War ends up blasting me to hell, because I wasn't paying attention. This is what makes me feel that this is luck, because there doesn't seem to be a surefire way of getting the powder rooms exposed, before sinking the ships. However, your suggestion is slightly different from what I've seen, so I'll give this a shot. Hope it works!

dave_is_slick posted...
Can someone explain this idiotic line of thinking that because something is optional, it's free from criticism?

Man, I wish I had an answer for that. Look, if you bought the game, you're entitled to criticize it in any way you choose. Why? Because you're a customer. Granted, that doesn't mean that every criticism is intelligent, or even founded, but the idea of criticizing a paying customer for criticizing the product that they paid for is just beyond ludicrous. I mean, free speech aside, there are people who, you know... Are paid to offer their criticism of products.

As I said, I agree with the OP on this, and while maybe they shouldn't get rid of the idea of the optional objectives entirely, they really need to get rid of the luck-based BS. Oh, and it IS luck-based when you can't do it 100% of the time, even when you know EXACTLY how it's supposed to be done. And that's part of the main problem with these objectives. That, and the ones that just don't make any sense. I'd rather them make the main missions harder than having idiotic (not coherently tied to the mission), near-impossible, luck-based optional objectives. It's just silly, even if you are a neurotic completionist... Like myself.
#52OhhSnapPosted 11/19/2012 6:23:35 PM(edited)
People are simply capable or incapable of doing things.
It seems those that are incapable think of themselves so high as to assume that what they 'cannot' do is impossible, luck based, or not needed.

...Oh you poor souls.
---
I didn't hit you. I simply highfived your face!
#53_Chalky_WhitePosted 11/19/2012 6:23:40 PM
Slow yourself down with the assumptions, man. I got 100% on the main story missions yesterday; I just don't think the optional objectives were designed well.
---
http://i.imgur.com/QdkrU.jpg
#54dave_is_slickPosted 11/19/2012 6:24:29 PM
I'm not look for yourself. Theres no luck or bull**** involved kn 100%ing the game You just suck mate.
Unless of course you would like to explain what is luck based or "bull****"

Thank you for asking...

-The Privateer mission with hunting the Prospector, taking out the entire fleet in a minute 30. You have to hope the ships remain near each other for you to have any chance.
- The Hunting mission where you're hunting the buck. You interact with a clue, the search zone disappears. You have to run around the hill with Eagle Vision on, hoping you not only see it, but react fast enough to turn it off and chase it.
- The Hunting mission were you're hunting the bobcat. When you chase it, you better hope it runs into something. You better hope you can catch it in that ditch.
- The Privateer mission where you need to hit all 3 powder stores. Considering no one has found a 100% way to expose them, you better hope you get lucky
- When you have to stop Hickey from killing Washington. So how do you kill two guards and him? By going out of your way to get in front of him turning, and hoping your first hit doesn't kill him. And that's assuming the crowd is responding in a way that lets you get to him in time.

And those were off the top of my head.
---
I am prepared to use this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RFZrzg62Zj0&feature=related
#55_Chalky_WhitePosted 11/19/2012 6:29:15 PM(edited)
Yeah, every time I've tried the suggestions that others have posted (in other topics), I always end up accidentally sinking the ships or that Man O'War ends up blasting me to hell, because I wasn't paying attention. This is what makes me feel that this is luck, because there doesn't seem to be a surefire way of getting the powder rooms exposed, before sinking the ships. However, your suggestion is slightly different from what I've seen, so I'll give this a shot. Hope it works!

I used my technique with each of the powder keg objective requirements, and it never once failed. Just take your time with it. If you only fire the minimum amount of cannonballs each time, you shouldn't sink the ship, and if it's disabled with you in front, it should be pretty harmless.
---
#56_Chalky_WhitePosted 11/19/2012 6:28:14 PM
From: dave_is_slick | Posted: 11/19/2012 9:24:29 PM | #054
-The Privateer mission with hunting the Prospector, taking out the entire fleet in a minute 30. You have to hope the ships remain near each other for you to have any chance.

Oh, and you have to know that one ship decides to be a b---- and go hide behind the rocks, making it your first priority. It's not really luck, but you probably gotta fail at least once to understand how to do it.

- The Hunting mission were you're hunting the bobcat. When you chase it, you better hope it runs into something. You better hope you can catch it in that ditch.

Poison.

- The Privateer mission where you need to hit all 3 powder stores. Considering no one has found a 100% way to expose them, you better hope you get lucky

I got this s--- down to a science.

- When you have to stop

Tackle him. He stops his mission to fight you, and you have plenty of time to take out two militia.
---
#57dave_is_slickPosted 11/19/2012 6:28:38 PM
And for the record, I personally feel that people who want them removed are ridiculous. I liked the way they were done in Brotherhood and Revelations. Why they didn't do it like that in this one is beyond me.
---
#58Newts_UtePosted 11/19/2012 6:35:15 PM(edited)
Thank you for asking...

No, just make better use of your swivel guns. I still had 30 seconds left when I did that one.

- The Hunting mission where you're hunting the buck. You interact with a clue, the search zone disappears. You have to run around the hill with Eagle Vision on, hoping you not only see it, but react fast enough to turn it off and chase it.

No, act like a hunter. Keep hidden in trees or long grass while looking for it.

Its just another chase mission, learn to cut corners, or use poison

100% way to expose them? Shoot the front of the ship, no luck, just learn how to aim.

- When you have to stop Hickey from killing Washington. So how do you kill two guards and him? By going out of your way to get in front of him turning, and hoping your first hit doesn't kill him. And that's assuming the crowd is responding in a way that lets you get to him in time.

Run down the side they are while holding square, you will high profile assassinate them on the way to Hickey without slowing down.

Any more?
---
Recent platinums: Assassins Creed 3 | Darksiders 2 | FFXIII-2 | Skyrim
#59dave_is_slickPosted 11/19/2012 6:37:19 PM
No, just make better use of your swivel guns. I still had 30 seconds left when I did that one.

Proof or shut up. The most I've seen was 14 seconds.
No, act like a hunter. Keep hidden in trees or long grass while looking for it.

Considering that it's a hill with very few trees around and it spawns where you can't be in trees...
Its just another chase mission, learn to cut corners

With an animal that's faster with no corners to cut.
100% way to expose them? Shoot the front of the ship, no luck, just learn how to aim.

So yeah, no 100% way. Don't know what you were trying to say.
Run down the side they are while holding square, you will high profile assassinate them on the way to Hickey without slowing down.

This is the only one I've never heard of. I'll try that out when I get their again.
---
#60LiquidAntagonisPosted 11/19/2012 6:38:03 PM
PFirefly posted...
Needing to pick a route that lets you get into position faster and without being seen has nothing to do with limiting you as a player.

Tell me then - What does it have to do with? Because it certainly seems like Ubisoft are trying to restrict the way I do...well, everything.

You have the freedom to do whatever the hell you want, but if you go after optional objectives your choices often become severely limited.

Obviously. That's my entire point. Why does it have to be this way? Why can't they give the optional objective, but then structure the level such that I can accomplish it how I want and if I so choose? Answer? I believe the guy who posted before you got it right.

Point in fact, Shadow of the Colossus time trials. Many are impossible to beat unless you do it a very specific way, but you can do what you want in normal gameplay. Guess what? No one complained their freedom was taken away.

Yours is the most ridiculous argument yet presented.

You obviously haven't played any games that provide challenge as well as encourage creativity.
---
>provides users with the ability to dispute a "moderation"
>list of reasons why every argument is "refutable" =_=