Why do people like Ezio?

#1YoungGganonPosted 11/23/2012 6:36:27 PM
Honestly, I couldn't stand him. He came across as a Mary Sue, or like a Renaissance Era Batman. I found nothing interesting or likeable about him, and people proclaim that he's the greatest character in the series. Sure, Altair and Connor are no Hamlet but at least I didn't outright hate them.
---
(Now playing Dead Island, Vanquish, and PSASBR Beta)
#2OhhSnapPosted 11/23/2012 6:43:34 PM
He's entertaining and funny, and he has a cool accent. I like funny guys like Haytham and Ezio. Hopefully the next assassin has somewhat of a sense of humor.
---
I didn't hit you. I simply highfived your face!
#3Dark-eye85Posted 11/23/2012 6:53:53 PM
We love ezio because he is the real badass Assassin hero.

Altair messed up big time, his action's led to many fatal problems.

Same as Connor, his action's also led to problems.

Now tell me, did ezio messed up even once during his trilogy?
---
PSN-Dark-eye85 PAWN-Sonya VOCATION-ALL
#4THE_JOKE_KING33Posted 11/23/2012 6:58:05 PM
OhhSnap posted...
He's entertaining and funny, and he has a cool accent. I like funny guys like Haytham and Ezio. Hopefully the next assassin has somewhat of a sense of humor.

^this *crosses fingers*
---
"A man's dreams are an index to his greatness."-Zadok Rabinwitz
PSN: THE_JOKE_KING33
#5Ein_SophPosted 11/23/2012 7:09:09 PM
Dark-eye85 posted...

You can like someone even if that person messes up. He or she may have redeemable qualities :|
---
Bougyo no tame no bougyo nashi. "There is no defense for defense's sake." - Kendo saying.
PSN: Spearman-Rho
#6Bloodlines1191Posted 11/23/2012 7:15:22 PM
Dark-eye85 posted...

Not true.

Altair... Stoic = Bland

Connor... Stoic = Bland

Ezio... Charismatic = Vivid

This is the true reason why people like Ezio. It had nothing to do with the mistakes Altair and Connor made (especially Altair who is, by popular opinion, least likeable even more so than Desmond)
---
Nothing is True, Everything is Permitted - Assassin's Creed
I shall forever hate the name......Crimson Viper
#7EedrahPosted 11/23/2012 7:26:46 PM
Because he had plenty of outlets....
#8Chef RaPosted 11/23/2012 7:27:55 PM
Ezio has far more personality than Connor

But Connor is really starting to grow on me, his acts of kindness on the homestead are an endearing quality. As well as the beautifully orchestrated style of combat. ;)
---
Phi Zappa Crappa
#9LegendaryOozaruPosted 11/23/2012 7:38:43 PM
He represented everything the Assassins stand for, and was a man of the common people despite being born into higher class. He had a ton of money but never spent it on his own luxuries, and never abused or kept the Apple for himself as others did, including Altair.
#10manila2k1Posted 11/23/2012 7:48:20 PM
He was much more human in AC2, where you got to see him grow and overcome the loss of his family. You got to see him grow. He starts as a carefree womanizing youth, shown in how he got into all sorts of trouble just for kicks. Then, he turns into an angry and revenge-driven adult, shown by how he lived for no other reason that to kill the next Pazzi conspirator on his hit list.

Finally becomes a calm and mature assassin driven not by revenge, but by the principles of the Assassin Brotherhood, as evidenced by his realization that killing the Grandmaster of the Templar Order would not bring his family back.

True, by Brotherhood onwards he was firmly in Mary Sue/Marty Stu territory, but he wasn't always like that. He was human once. Connor on the other hand might seem flat by comparison but he also has his growing up moments, especially towards the end of the game when it finally hits him hard that the world is not black and white. But he just takes so long to grow, and by the time he finally does, the game's over. I personally want to see him in another game because his character has potential.