Why do you people want *Ending Spoilers*

#1dillpickle69Posted 11/23/2012 9:21:51 PM
An excuse for Desmond to be in the next game so bad? Ubisoft has already said that this is the last game you play as Desmond, so there is no reason for him to be alive. Frankly, I would be very disappointed if he is in another game because it would be stupid to have him appear dead at the end of this game just to create a cliffhanger so people would want to get 4.
---
I came here to chew bubblegum and kick ass, and I'm all out of bubblegum.
#2riddlebox89Posted 11/23/2012 9:55:40 PM
Because they wanted a modern day only game so badly that they got all butt hurt when they saw Desmond's soon to be rotting corpse that they had to go into a rage about the one hope they had for a modern day only game going bye bye.
---
I am a dedicated member of the "Walter Sullivan Is Bad-Ass" group!!!
I am the true originator of the Cookie Demon theory on the SH2 and 3 boards.
#3da_gamaPosted 11/23/2012 9:57:43 PM
Just because Desmond is dead doesn't mean they can't do a modern day only game. I honestly doubt that they will ever do a full game centered on the modern day, but we can still at least get a new protagonist and hopefully have better sections than Desmonds'.
---
If you are interested in an ES Roleplay story go to the board in my quote
#4nubs222Posted 11/23/2012 10:09:05 PM(edited)
It was a pretty underwhelming ending to Desmond's story. Here's this guy you've "played" as for three previous games and he pushes a button that saves the world and dies. It's like the rushed ending of a bad fanfic.
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/JohnnyBGoode1122?feature=mhee
PSN: The_Despair_
#5dillpickle69(Topic Creator)Posted 11/23/2012 10:10:42 PM
Ubisoft has already stated that there will never be a main game without a modern day setting, or a full modern day game, so there will always be an animus involved.
---
#6riddlebox89Posted 11/23/2012 10:16:22 PM
da_gama posted...
Just because Desmond is dead doesn't mean they can't do a modern day only game.

While true, but the fact that Ubisoft themselves stated that they will not be making a modern day only game however, does mean there won't be one.
---
#7dillpickle69(Topic Creator)Posted 11/23/2012 10:29:01 PM
While I agree that there should never be a modern day only game because one of the main things about this series is the history, I think they should have one game (most likely the final game if this ends in a finale, but I think most likely Ubisoft will just drop it when they feel it's not selling) where It's 80% modern day, and the rest is just you reliving multiple ancestors memories at different points to find a quick clue, kind of like the Desmond parts in this game, but the other way around. A neat twist could be that it could be all the ancestors we've lived as up until that game.
---
#8riddlebox89Posted 11/23/2012 10:39:37 PM
dillpickle69 posted...
While I agree that there should never be a modern day only game because one of the main things about this series is the history, I think they should have one game (most likely the final game if this ends in a finale, but I think most likely Ubisoft will just drop it when they feel it's not selling) where It's 80% modern day, and the rest is just you reliving multiple ancestors memories at different points to find a quick clue, kind of like the Desmond parts in this game, but the other way around. A neat twist could be that it could be all the ancestors we've lived as up until that game.

Ok so you don't want a game that takes place mostly in modern day but...want a game that takes place mostly in modern day? Make up your mind!

By the way, by modern day only, they mean modern day being the main focus of the game, which none of the games have been, all of them have been focused on the past with the ancestors, a game that takes place mostly in modern day would be mainly modern day focused, which they don't want to do.
---
#9dillpickle69(Topic Creator)Posted 11/23/2012 10:44:48 PM
riddlebox89 posted...
dillpickle69 posted...

Ok so you don't want a game that takes place mostly in modern day but...want a game that takes place mostly in modern day? Make up your mind!

By the way, by modern day only, they mean modern day being the main focus of the game, which none of the games have been, all of them have been focused on the past with the ancestors, a game that takes place mostly in modern day would be mainly modern day focused, which they don't want to do.

dillpickle69 posted...
While I agree that there should never be a modern day only game because one of the main things about this series is the history

I said there shouldn't be one that's ONLY based on modern day, because one of the biggest selling factors of this game is the history that you can take part in and affect. If there was a mostly modern day game, there would still be parts with significant pieces of history that you can play.
---
#10riddlebox89Posted 11/23/2012 10:56:14 PM
dillpickle69 posted...
I said there shouldn't be one that's ONLY based on modern day, because one of the biggest selling factors of this game is the history that you can take part in and affect. If there was a mostly modern day game, there would still be parts with significant pieces of history that you can play.

Second part of my post must have gone right over your head didn't it?

Ok then I'll repeat it, by modern day only, they mean it being the main focus of the game, a game that takes place in modern times eighty percent of the time would be modern day focused, whether you hop into the animus for a quick coffee with Leonardo is irrelevant.
---