I will not buy another AC game until..

#21BluntChick(Topic Creator)Posted 11/24/2012 7:32:50 AM
PFirefly posted...
I expect you'll be a better player for it. I used to despise runners, but after learning how to still get full stealth bonuses against them, my overall play and point totals have improved. So now I just smile when I see one zip by ;)

I totally agree.. I'm playing it the hard way so when I start changing my strategy to adapt to them, I'll be even better..

Oh, and I've played a total of almost 24 hours and I'm halfway to the first prestige level, and I've played nothing but single player so I've done it all myself with no help from teammates.. So how bad can I suck? :P

And I'm so competitive I'm not gonna stop improving.. I don't get discouraged, I don't give up, I'm not a quitter.. Especially since I enjoy the game so much! :D
---
Move along! Nothing to see there.. Please do not check my Twitter: @BluntChick
#22Fou LuPosted 11/24/2012 7:48:56 AM
Don't make fun of the mouth breathers that leave their mics plugged in, they can't help it. They play video games to socialize and hope that someone else will have a mic and talk to them, They wouldn't dare do something like.... go outside and make friends. They're too scared to do that.

Normally I just leave a game if someone is talking.
---
I smolder with generic rage.
#23IngSlayerPosted 11/24/2012 8:01:15 AM(edited)
..........................PALMFACEOH MY GOD this ar OBEE-ISLY joke topic GRRRRRR you all no brains eyell kill yu folos mah rapeed dahg genes kiking in argagrewjewDJDJSHDSDHJ (Explosion)

/satire
---
Sedix: Baffling Artist
#24temgunPosted 11/24/2012 9:18:16 AM
Good ways to counter them:

-Don't be an idiot. Advanced players can other players far way. If you do stuff like walk straight at your target, you deserve to get stunned.
-Disguise. It's better than ever now that the stun prompt is away, use it.
-Animus shield, designed for countering smoke bombs.
-Resistance, at least it will sometimes surprise offensive smoke bombers.
-Fool your target. Do a quick sprint at your opponent at a safe range. Your target will probably drop their smoke bomb and you'll be at a safe distance to wait the smoke go away and kill them. Or, if they run, use ranged abilities, except the gun. Usually they'll try to approach you to stun you, but the kill range is very long, so you can easily kill your target while they are still in the smoke.
-Use your terrain. You can still kill a person inside the smoke bomb if you do a grab kill or aerial/acrobatic. If you approach someone on the rooftops, let your target get closer to you and drop their smoke bomb and you can get a nice grab kill. Or if you approach your target straight and your target approaches you, climb up a wall and do an acrobatic kill. Not only you get the kill, but +200 points for that even thought it drains your approach meter.

It's not OP or anything at all. New players can definitely find it unfair and cheap, but once you learn to deal with them, it's not an issue at all. Besides, with the 100 second timer, it's not nearly as effective as before.
---
BROCCOLI COCONUT HOT DOG
#25LolMyAltPosted 11/24/2012 9:36:01 AM
Note to self: Make sure to offensive smoke bomb, focus poison TC over and over again.
---
Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power. Abraham Lincoln
#26CharpandaV1Posted 11/24/2012 9:48:58 AM
temgun posted...
You can still kill a person inside the smoke bomb if you do a grab kill

Actually, you can't. One of three things will happen:

1) You'll stay frozen on the ledge until the smoke clears away

2) You'll stay on the ledge but your character will start moving sideways for some reason until the smoke clears.

3) You'll drop from the ledge to the ground and stay there coughing as if the smoke bomb had hit you until it goes away.

And yes, I've tried this pre and post-patch and it's still the same.
---
"...Pretty much boosting your boosting"-- DeliciousJello
Official Daniel Cross of the ACIII boards
#27BluntChick(Topic Creator)Posted 11/24/2012 10:40:13 AM
temgun posted...

-Don't be an idiot. Advanced players can other players far way. If you do stuff like walk straight at your target, you deserve to get stunned.
-Fool your target. Do a quick sprint at your opponent at a safe range. Your target will probably drop their smoke bomb and you'll be at a safe distance to wait the smoke go away and kill them. Or, if they run, use ranged abilities, except the gun. Usually they'll try to approach you to stun you, but the kill range is very long, so you can easily kill your target while they are still in the smoke.
-Use your terrain. You can still kill a person inside the smoke bomb if you do a grab kill or aerial/acrobatic. If you approach someone on the rooftops, let your target get closer to you and drop their smoke bomb and you can get a nice grab kill. Or if you approach your target straight and your target approaches you, climb up a wall and do an acrobatic kill. Not only you get the kill, but +200 points for that even thought it drains your approach meter.

It's not OP or anything at all. New players can definitely find it unfair and cheap, but once you learn to deal with them, it's not an issue at all. Besides, with the 100 second timer, it's not nearly as effective as before.

Thank you for the advice! I never walk straight at anyone anymore.. And I started using whatever mute is called now, works like a charm! Gotta check out resistance to see if it works better.. But yeah, it should be good too! :D

And you gotta love how the pros are taking my topic personally.. Makes me realize that it really WAS worth making.. Just having them a little offended means they are second guessing.. And even if they're second guessing for a millisecond, its worth it! :D
---
#28ThrowmastaPosted 11/24/2012 11:06:36 AM
Hey Stranger :)

Why don't you tell us how you really feel? I haven't gotten the chance to play AC3 yet, but I kinda miss the multiplayer in ACR. I've landed a few 3100-3300 pt. kills with smoke-focus-poison-greater variety X2 multiplier (plus many other tact on bonuses, which obviously lead to the greater variety). I can tell you would have had no problem with these honorable kills :D.
#29temgunPosted 11/24/2012 12:02:44 PM
BluntChick posted...
temgun posted...

Thank you for the advice! I never walk straight at anyone anymore.. And I started using whatever mute is called now, works like a charm! Gotta check out resistance to see if it works better.. But yeah, it should be good too! :D

Don't rely only on abilities though. Beating any ability using your wits is really satisfying. Almost everyone drops a panic smoke bomb when you approach them. Being an idiot can be used to your advantage. Make yourself noticed, scare them so that they use their smoke bomb and go get them. Everything can be versatile, but always beatable.
---
BROCCOLI COCONUT HOT DOG
#30BluntChick(Topic Creator)Posted 11/24/2012 2:12:56 PM
Throwmasta posted...
Hey Stranger :)

Why don't you tell us how you really feel? I haven't gotten the chance to play AC3 yet, but I kinda miss the multiplayer in ACR. I've landed a few 3100-3300 pt. kills with smoke-focus-poison-greater variety X2 multiplier (plus many other tact on bonuses, which obviously lead to the greater variety). I can tell you would have had no problem with these honorable kills :D.

Hey there! :D So why have you been slacking?? :P And I get that but not every single time.. Change it up a bit, don't be a one hit wonder! And you know I always tell it like I see it! ;)

temgun posted...
BluntChick posted...
temgun posted...

Don't rely only on abilities though. Beating any ability using your wits is really satisfying. Almost everyone drops a panic smoke bomb when you approach them. Being an idiot can be used to your advantage. Make yourself noticed, scare them so that they use their smoke bomb and go get them. Everything can be versatile, but always beatable.

LOL thats exactly what I do as well.. I throw knives and then wait a second for them to throw a bomb then walk up! But I've been using the new mute thingy and it works good too!
---