What are the controls in this game?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Assassin's Creed III
  3. What are the controls in this game?

User Info: NIEOWA

NIEOWA
4 years ago#1
did it change? if someone has time to tell me all the control function in this game, I will really appreciate it.. like what does triangle button do or r1 button? all of it to be precise :)
Cooler Master Hyper 212 evo | Intel q6600 @ 2.77ghz | 1gig DDR5 192bit Evga GTX 550 ti FNB | Kingston 4gig DDR3 1333mhz | Antec 600 Mid Tower Case

User Info: True_Rune

True_Rune
4 years ago#2
I'm a 360 player, but i have a firm grasp on the control scheme for ps3.

square = main attack(tomahawk, swords, fist, blunt and heavy weapons)
triangle = tools(bow, gun, bait, snares, ect)
circle = action button(open chests, talk to people intereact with the invironment) and drop while climbing, and pickpocket
X = fast walk, jump(while in freerun mode)
L1 = target aiming
L2 = assassin recruits(hold to open the assassin menu, press square while holding to get to assassin recruit missions)
R1 = Free running
R2 = Weapon Wheel
L3 = Eagle Vision
R3 = Center the Camera
Directional Pad = quickslots for weapons/tools(up down left right)

and, that's all the buttons(other than start and select, which are the pause and map screens respectively)
It took hundreds to kill me, but I killed humans by the THOUSANDS!!! Look at me!!! I am sublime!! I am the TRUE face of evil!!!

NIEOWA
4 years ago#3
True Rune posted...

circle = action button(open chests, talk to people intereact with the invironment) and drop while climbing, and pickpocket
L1 = target aiming
L2 = assassin recruits(hold to open the assassin menu, press square while holding to get to assassin recruit missions)
R1 = Free running
R2 = Weapon Wheel
L3 = Eagle Vision
R3 = Center the Camera

and, that's all the buttons(other than start and select, which are the pause and map screens respectively)

they didn't change a bit I see... thank you very much man!! and thank you for the time and effort typing those up! appreciate it! gonna purchase it tomorrow ;D
Cooler Master Hyper 212 evo | Intel q6600 @ 3.5ghz | 1gig DDR5 192bit Evga GTX 550 ti FNB | Kingston 4gig DDR3 1333mhz | Antec 600 Mid Tower Case

User Info: Fippe94

Fippe94
4 years ago#4
It wasn't completely clear when he posted the controls maybe, but just so you know: The freerunning is used by only pressing R1 now. No need to hold X like in previous games. X is only for when you want to make an "unsafe" jump.
My Kingdom Hearts videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/Fippe949
It's "Fippe", not Flippe"...

User Info: zooknut

zooknut
4 years ago#5
try actually playing the game and figuring out the button configurations for yourself....wow

User Info: bdh291

bdh291
4 years ago#6
^ no sh*t! Why don't you take some initiative and do something on your own for a change?

"mom, how so i have sex? Instead of trying it on my own, why don't you just tell me?"

User Info: TBBX

TBBX
4 years ago#7
i want so say counter used to be r1 and square but now it is just circle when in combat. took a bit for me to get use to that =/

User Info: sigma502

sigma502
4 years ago#8
Lrn2explore buttons.
My girlfriend never liked dub until I told her how to sit on my speakers.

User Info: Nar_Garzhvog

Nar_Garzhvog
4 years ago#9
True Rune posted...

L1 = target aiming
R1 = Free running
R2 = Weapon Wheel
L3 = Eagle Vision
R3 = Center the Camera

This is a nice guy, you're lucky he got first post. There's alot of wolves in here that welcome all you sheep.
PSN: arborkoa18
Clan: Silent Under Night

NIEOWA
4 years ago#10
just to clear it up, I haven't bought the game yet when I created this topic .. So I was curious if there's a change or anything, that's why I'm asking the controls (already bought it now )
Cooler Master Hyper 212 evo | Intel q6600 @ 3.5ghz | 1gig DDR5 192bit Evga GTX 550 ti FNB | Kingston 4gig DDR3 1333mhz | Antec 600 Mid Tower Case
  1. Boards
  2. Assassin's Creed III
  3. What are the controls in this game?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived