Assassin's Creed IV *historical setting possibilities*

#1AcFan87Posted 11/26/2012 1:29:48 PM
First off, let me say that Feudal Japan, Ancient Egypt, and WWII are completely off the table. The devs have said those are "the worst settings for an Assassin's Creed game" so discuss in this topic any OTHER historical era you think could work, storyline wise.

The two most logical settings, in my opinion, would be a game that takes place in the era of Those Who Came Before. AC3 foreshadowed a possibility of such a setting when Desmond had a conversation with Shaun about using the Animus to turn back the clock to see what went on back then. Assassin's Creed: Liberation told us at the end [SPOILER] that Eve would lead the next generation in the fight against Juno [END SPOILERS], so perhaps a new modern day protagonist who is descended from Eve needs to venture into the animus to explore Eve's life and discover if she and Adam found a way to prevent the future enslavement of humanity.

The second logical setting would be Ancient Greece. With all the myths of gods and legends, its a perfect story tool to learn about the origins of the First Civilization and more of its member. I suggested a theory that Prometheus could be one of Those Who Came Before who treated humans with kindness and sympathized with their plight as slaves, so he goes against his own kind and gives humanity an Artifact of Eden (fire from the gods) that would ensure future enslavement would not happen and an assassin in Ancient Greece needs to track this weapon down.

IDK, logically I think those are the next possible settings. Excluding the three mentioned above, how do you think the next story will develop?
#2THE_JOKE_KING33Posted 11/26/2012 1:47:15 PM(edited)
Victorian Era London
British Raj
1650s to 1730s Caribbean

IDK, logically I think those are the next possible settings. Excluding the three mentioned above, how do you think the next story will develop?

My guess would be that Erudito will sync the Animus to the cloud(already happened) and will be able to see anybody's memories.
---
"A man's dreams are an index to his greatness."-Zadok Rabinwitz
PSN: THE_JOKE_KING33
#3The_Amish_KingPosted 11/26/2012 2:23:38 PM
AcFan87 posted...
The second logical setting would be Ancient Greece. With all the myths of gods and legends, its a perfect story tool to learn about the origins of the First Civilization and more of its member. I suggested a theory that Prometheus could be one of Those Who Came Before who treated humans with kindness and sympathized with their plight as slaves, so he goes against his own kind and gives humanity an Artifact of Eden (fire from the gods) that would ensure future enslavement would not happen and an assassin in Ancient Greece needs to track this weapon down.

I'm not so sure about ancient greece. it was WAY before the first assassin's creed and i may be wrong but didn't altair invent the hidden blade in his time? i don't think assassin's creed would be very fun with out a hidden blade. there is also the fact that not everything is known about the people and the way of life in ancient greece and we all know that ubisoft focuses on historical accuracy. i also cant think of anything that would go along with it story-wise but who knows what they could come up with.
---
...although i'm not sure...
#4OhhSnapPosted 11/26/2012 2:28:08 PM
SHAO JUN. Ancient China. It's already well setup to have a bad ending with the fall of the chinese branch of assassins.
---
I didn't hit you. I simply highfived your face!
#5ReVenANT1489Posted 11/26/2012 3:27:17 PM
The_Amish_King posted...
AcFan87 posted...

I'm not so sure about ancient greece. it was WAY before the first assassin's creed and i may be wrong but didn't altair invent the hidden blade in his time? i don't think assassin's creed would be very fun with out a hidden blade. there is also the fact that not everything is known about the people and the way of life in ancient greece and we all know that ubisoft focuses on historical accuracy. i also cant think of anything that would go along with it story-wise but who knows what they could come up with.

Altair didn't invent the hidden blade, but he modified it so you didn't need to remove a finger to use it anymore. He also came up with the double hidden blades and different assassination techniques.
---
psn: randy_marshh
not changing sig till bears win the superbowl started 12-30-09
#6Deadknight_cobPosted 11/26/2012 4:10:26 PM
Maybe they could do a reboot of Altair esk era? Like there was a story just aftre Altair that was important to the story. I really loved this era and the world they created.

I would personally like to see somewhere in the middle ages maybe England
#7Bloodlines1191Posted 11/26/2012 7:00:11 PM
AcFan87 posted...
First off, let me say that Feudal Japan, Ancient Egypt, and WWII are completely off the table. The devs have said those are "the worst settings for an Assassin's Creed game" so discuss in this topic any OTHER historical era you think could work, storyline wise.

The two most logical settings, in my opinion, would be a game that takes place in the era of Those Who Came Before. AC3 foreshadowed a possibility of such a setting when Desmond had a conversation with Shaun about using the Animus to turn back the clock to see what went on back then. Assassin's Creed: Liberation told us at the end [SPOILER] that Eve would lead the next generation in the fight against Juno [END SPOILERS], so perhaps a new modern day protagonist who is descended from Eve needs to venture into the animus to explore Eve's life and discover if she and Adam found a way to prevent the future enslavement of humanity.

I WANT MY FEUDAL JAPAN!!!!!!!!!! Dx

Anyhoo, people gotta stop overlooking the the TWCB conversation. It was a random conversation now everyone are all hype and thinks it's foreshadowing? C'mon! I'm tired of it.
---
Nothing is True, Everything is Permitted - Assassin's Creed
I shall forever hate the name......Crimson Viper
#8ZukkusPosted 11/26/2012 7:51:34 PM
I liked the Near East setting of the original Assassin's Creed. Maybe Egyptian Fatimids fighting the Turks.
---
"I just wasted a bullet. Don't waste your life." -Big Boss
#9RixxellPosted 11/26/2012 8:58:12 PM
I'd love a WW1 AC game. I doubt it could happen, but given how the hundred year anniversary for it is in 2014(which is likely when the next game could come out) it would be a good idea. Hell I would give my left nut for any WW1 game no matter who released it for what idea. Besides this would also be the last point where normal assassinations could play a role, however it would be hard once the chemical weapons and tanks start rolling out in 1915 and then there are airplanes making things tricky too.

Another option is the American Civil War. Granted this also would be a difficult task, but easier to pull off then WW1 would be.

For a third historical setting, what about Cold War Russia? You can't tell me this doesn't have any appeal when you've got spies going round left and right and it could also play into how the Cuban Missile Crisis started up.

Finally what about 19th century Germany as they were rising to power before the Franco-Prussian war that ended in 1871 which resulted in the founding of the German Empire? There isn't much potential unless you were planning to do this through all 3 wars that Germany fought from 1864 to 1871. This of course could lead to a WW1 game since that is what ended up bringing down the German Empire.

Anyway I personally think that the next Assassin's Creed will end up as a modern game simply because of how it ended. There is just too much of an opportunity for Ubisoft to not do otherwise with all the foreshadowing the ending has, nevermind how you'd bring any possible relatives from these time frames outside of America to connect with the main character of the future game. Granted I've never played the portable games, so maybe there is some way around this but I think they would be best off taking the modern route. Of course how they do that will be very interesting.
---
Some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just wanna watch the world burn.
#10paint87Posted 11/26/2012 9:55:27 PM
Desmonds mind becomes hacked. Wakes up as a sex slave in thailand.. With no escape.
---
You have one or more unread System Notifications. Please read them as soon as possible.