Haven't played Brotherhood or Revelations. Should I still get this?

#1DemonKiller007Posted 11/27/2012 8:58:40 AM
I've only played Assassin's Creed and Assassin's Creed II. Should I still get this game even if I haven't played the rest? How much of the story would I be missing out on?
---
(Empty)
#2TruthsEdgePosted 11/27/2012 9:14:07 AM
I would recommend Revelations. A lot of interesting things happen and they sum up brotherhood pretty well. Brotherhood is fun but not needed for story.
---
Miyamoto Meter 9 out of 10
"E3 Legend of Zelda Cosplay"
#3CaterwaulPosted 11/27/2012 1:14:00 PM
TruthsEdge posted...
I would recommend Revelations. A lot of interesting things happen and they sum up brotherhood pretty well. Brotherhood is fun but not needed for story.

You are a blasphemer.

Because Desmond being in a coma is a good way to start Revelations. ;/
#4peephole303Posted 11/27/2012 1:24:12 PM
Um you must play both. Huge chunks of storyline will be missed if you dont
#5VirtuousKingPosted 11/27/2012 1:37:24 PM
Nothing in the over arching plot happens in Revelations, but skipping Brotherhood will leave you with some questions, namely "Where is Lucy?" and "How did Desmond get an Apple of Eden?" which are very plot relevant.
---
R.I.P. Junk Bludgeo'd For Hammer, But Always In Our Hearts. 176 Damage, Nevar Forget.
#6burnfist23Posted 11/27/2012 1:40:08 PM
It would definitely help to play Brotherhood and Revelations. Although the intro does help you get up to speed, some of the characters talk about some really spoilerific moments from those games (And the Lost Archives DLC for Revelations).
#7lll-SlimJim-lllPosted 11/27/2012 3:13:30 PM
Eh, you're not missing out on much. If you can give Brotherhood a shot, but if you've played the original 2 thats good enough.
#8dillpickle69Posted 11/27/2012 3:25:21 PM
You should definitely play Brotherhood, Revelations is skippable if you really want to hurry on to 3, but I still recommend it for if you want to know how Desmond got out of the jam he found himself in at the end of Brotherhood, and if you want to watch the conclusion of the Subject 16 story.
---
I came here to chew bubblegum and kick ass, and I'm all out of bubblegum.
#9NeoMonkPosted 11/27/2012 3:31:02 PM
Get it for about $30 on sale & you should be happy then, it's not worth the full $60
---
"How am i spelling?" Please call 800-WHO-CARES or online at Imlonely.com
#10OfficeChairPosted 11/27/2012 3:36:51 PM
Anyone who says that you NEED to play them is full of it. You're really only missing out on 10% of the game if you come into ACIII blind to the whole series. Most of the game (the stuff that takes place in the past) does NOT reference the other games and is it's own self contained story. The stuff that takes place in the present only happens in 20 minute segments and is really easy to understand. It's like jumping into the middle of any franchise, yeah whatever you don't understand the specifics but you get the gist of what's going on and can enjoy it. There's also a crapload of database entries that pop up every 2.4 seconds to expand on anything you miss.
---
this topic is ruined
[i really hate classic rock]