Are the challenges worth it?

#1fallenKlNGPosted 11/28/2012 8:49:22 PM(edited)
I'm on sequence 8, and this is my first Assassin's Creed game. So as the title suggests, I'd like to know if doing all the challenges (theif's club challenges, hunters challenges, boston brawler's challenges, frontiersmen challenges, etc.) are worth it. It says that completing the challenges will improve my rank or something. Does that actually do anything useful in the game, or is it just a list that you complete for completion's sake? Don't completely reveal the rewards, but what kind of rewards do you get for completing the challenges? Does it unlock more sidequests or anything?

Also, I've never actually talked to any of the hunters except when they're giving me missions. I've received notifications telling me to visit a cabin or something, but I haven't really noticed any. Are all the hunters in the frontier area? Same with the frontiersmen; I don't remember talking to any of the members except when they give me missions. Where do I talk to them?

As a final question I'd like to throw in, is it possible to go "incognito" in the frontier area? I haven't seen any wanted posters, people to bribe, or news presses to lower my notoriety level.
---
Wait I got it! Super Mario 3D Land will be in California and Super Mario 3D World will be in Florida. Zing! ~AloofGuyXXVII
#2Deadmeat20Posted 11/28/2012 9:16:17 PM
There is no reward for completing a guild's entire challenge list besides some pocket change and a couple Achievements.

The huntsmen houses are invisible on the map until you find them. I don't know where they are exactly, but there's one to the north-east of the north-west most fort. Look it up if that's way too vague.

The only way to reduce notoriety in the frontier is to fast travel. You can become completely incognito, but only in certain areas that are far away from settlements.
---
GT: Bloodredtyrant
I brainstorm with my multiple personalities.
#3fallenKlNG(Topic Creator)Posted 11/28/2012 10:14:51 PM
Deadmeat20 posted...
There is no reward for completing a guild's entire challenge list besides some pocket change and a couple Achievements.

The huntsmen houses are invisible on the map until you find them. I don't know where they are exactly, but there's one to the north-east of the north-west most fort. Look it up if that's way too vague.

The only way to reduce notoriety in the frontier is to fast travel. You can become completely incognito, but only in certain areas that are far away from settlements.

Thanks. No challenges for me then. Are you sure about the incognito thing? It seems to work the opposite for me. If my notoriety level is 1 in Boston, fast traveling will immediately get rid of that. On the other hand, my notoriety level remains 1 in the frontier no matter how many times I visit.
---
Wait I got it! Super Mario 3D Land will be in California and Super Mario 3D World will be in Florida. Zing! ~AloofGuyXXVII
#4masher11Posted 11/29/2012 2:09:34 AM
I believe there is a hunting cabin across the river from Concord in troys woods.
#5CaterwaulPosted 11/29/2012 6:36:10 AM
fallenKlNG posted...

Thanks. No challenges for me then. Are you sure about the incognito thing? It seems to work the opposite for me. If my notoriety level is 1 in Boston, fast traveling will immediately get rid of that. On the other hand, my notoriety level remains 1 in the frontier no matter how many times I visit.

The Frontier has fixed minimums for notoriety for different areas. There's very few areas that allow you to be incognito in the Frontier.