Why does everyone want a NOS code?

#1HoBoSPosted 11/29/2012 9:17:51 AM(edited)
So, I've been seeing so many topics asking for a NOS code. Is it that hard to go find one? I went to a random drug store and they had them. Are people incapable of driving down the road to a 7-11 or Walgreens or equivalent store?

Edited: I don't know if the NOS energy drink is available outside the US. So, non-US residents need not apply.
---
" yes you are [an alcoholic], you're just on sabbatical" -Starfirepenguin
#2egpNoodlezPosted 11/29/2012 9:06:53 AM
Considering I'm from the UK, what is an NOS code and if they have promotions in the UK, which stores should I be looking at?
---
http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e277/egpNoodlez/BBE_40.jpg
http://www.ps3trophies.com/card/11/egpNoodlez.png
#3OhhSnapPosted 11/29/2012 11:12:46 AM
alot if not all the people asking arent from the US. So it does kinda make sense
---
I didn't hit you. I simply highfived your face!
#4RafedxPosted 11/29/2012 11:18:29 AM
HoBoS posted...
So, I've been seeing so many topics asking for a NOS code. Is it that hard to go find one? I went to a random drug store and they had them. Are people incapable of driving down the road to a 7-11 or Walgreens or equivalent store?

Edited: I don't know if the NOS energy drink is available outside the US. So, non-US residents need not apply.

Thats the reason right there, most if not all people asking are from another country. Its stupid, I am from Canada and I cannot get this promotional code, its like the region blocking of some sites all over again.

Bugs me, we share the same land mass yet they treat us like we are worlds apart.
---
http://www.terra-comic.com --> Terra: a Science Fiction Webcomic / Updates every 15th of the month.
#5dillpickle69Posted 11/29/2012 12:05:50 PM
This is the ps3 board so I'm sure most people here never experienced the Gears of War 3 disaster with the Jack-In-The-Box promo code, but that one was even worse... Not only could people outside the U.S not get it, most people IN the U.S couldn't either since there were only 13 states with the damn restraunt...
10x worse than this.
---
I came here to chew bubblegum and kick ass, and I'm all out of bubblegum.
#6NarutoPosted 11/29/2012 12:23:34 PM
I'm from Canada, do you have a spare code?
#7Inutaisho7996Posted 11/30/2012 4:55:37 PM
Also, a lot of people don't like NOS and don't want to spend the money on one when there are people that do buy a lot of them and are willing to give away their extra codes.
#8Captain_Sexy_TPosted 11/30/2012 5:40:25 PM(edited)
NOS kinda sucks, and I hate wasting drinks. So I'd rather not buy one and wait for someone to put up a "I'm giving away codes" thread than buy the drink and toss it after redeeming the point.

Lol, just noticed ^ guy's post says the same thing as mine.
---
PSN: Rectal_Fungi
Origin: Cpt_Mustache
#9SymphonicRainPosted 11/30/2012 6:53:00 PM
HoBoS posted...

Then why ask without bothering to check if they are US residents asking? Pointless.

At any rate, the NOS codes can't be used by outsiders unless their copy of the game is American NTSC.
---
"invade some poor sap and jihad bomb him" - LazyKenny
#10dillpickle69Posted 11/30/2012 6:55:46 PM
Captain_Sexy_T posted...
NOS kinda sucks, and I hate wasting drinks.

That's kind of selfish... Rather than wasting $2 you'd take a code that could have been given to someone with no access...

But yeah, NoS tastes like pure piss to me.
---
I came here to chew bubblegum and kick ass, and I'm all out of bubblegum.