Give Connor a little time

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Assassin's Creed III
  3. Give Connor a little time
3 years ago#1
Reading all of the posts about how Connor is a terrible main character and that no Brotherhood or Revelations type games should be done for him really kind of baffles me. Granted, I haven't finished III yet, but I do remember when II was released and the majority of people hated Ezio because he wasn't Altair. Now after three games showing his entire journey Ezio is a classic and beloved character.

Give Connor a chance to grow and find his place. Personally, I welcome more of his adventures.
---
I'm so clever that half the time even I don't understand what I'm saying.
3 years ago#2
I agree..
---
Everybody talks and everybody listens, but somehow it's always the truth that comes up missing.
R3D.
3 years ago#3
Give him more time? More than 40+ hours I've played the game? I liked Alta´r and Ezio right from the beginning. If you need some kind of meta-thinking with other games or whatever, then they just didn't do it right.
3 years ago#4
He needs to spend time with the French assassin mentor next game,and bring Stephane with him.
3 years ago#5
I'm hoping they'll develop his character better in sequel type games. I wanted to like Connor in this game, but he was just too blah for my taste. He certainly has the potential though.
---
Being born is killing you. Now stop worrying and enjoy your bacon.
3 years ago#6
Najzere, I didn't particularly care for Altair at the beginning of his story. I thought he was a arrogant, pompous and more than a little overconfident. By the same token, at the beginning of Ezios story, I found him to be a spoiled, irresponsible little jackass. I enjoyed seeing both of these characters grow into mature, well-rounded characters. Now they are two of my favourite characters of all time. In my opinion letting the characters grow naturally is something that Ubi did exactly right.

I'm willing to give Connor the same lattitude that I gave the others.
---
3 years ago#7
I love Connor, I have nothing against him. I think he was an awesome protagonist, I loved that he had a clear sense of morality and justice to his character. I didn't like how he treated Achilles a couple of times, but otherwise he's a great character. I wouldn't mind another game with him.
3 years ago#8
IMO no brotherhood or revelations should have been done for any character really. And I think that not making one for Connor would just be avoiding their previous mistakes with Ezio's over-done trilogy.
Plus I don't think the majority of AC fans think Connor is as likeable, which is one of the only real reasons they featured Ezio in 3 games.
---
I didn't hit you. I simply highfived your face!
3 years ago#9
unk posted...
I'm willing to give Connor the same latitude that I gave the others.

I'm willing to as well, but for the other two, Ubi had the other two mature in their first games. Altair matured over the time of year. Ezio matured over a decade. Connor didn't mature over 15 years. He was the same character throughout. They should have at least put in some character growth.
---
R.I.P. Junk Bludgeo'd For Hammer, But Always In Our Hearts. 176 Damage, Nevar Forget.
3 years ago#10
VirtuousKing posted...
unk posted...
I'm willing to give Connor the same latitude that I gave the others.

I'm willing to as well, but for the other two, Ubi had the other two mature in their first games. Altair matured over the time of year. Ezio matured over a decade. Connor didn't mature over 15 years. He was the same character throughout. They should have at least put in some character growth.

But then again, Ezio was ready to hang it all up and be Lord of the Manor at the start of brotherhood where he was pushing 40 years old IIRC. During Brotherhood he accepted his purpose, and in Revelations he was probably in his mid-50's and questioning that purpose, looking for answers.

As for Altair, he definitely matured alot during his game, but I don't think the Altair at the end of ACI would have made the same sacrifices for the order he made in Revelations.

Just my thoughts.
---
  1. Boards
  2. Assassin's Creed III
  3. Give Connor a little time

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived