Switch to Ezio

#11shabalakazamPosted 11/30/2012 5:00:23 AM
I think Connor looks way cooler than Ezio before Revelations, but that's just my opinion.
#12kmccullPosted 11/30/2012 5:07:53 AM
I agree that controlling Ezio was way easier than controlling this Connor. Ezio was fluid and smooth. Connor is clunky and the controls make zero sense.
Also, Connors outfits makes him look like a drag queen.
---
Please read my game review blog: http://ihatereviews.blogspot.com/
#13shabalakazamPosted 11/30/2012 5:14:45 AM
^wut

Not to sound like a defensive fanboy or anything but I think Ezio's outfits are more
er
drag queen-y
#14kmccullPosted 11/30/2012 5:22:20 AM
Wut??? Real men wear lacy ruffles dude ;)
But seriously, yes it is true that Ezio looked absolutely FABULOUS!!!!
In Renaissance times the dudes dressed like chicks and it was fine... kinda like the 80's.
I think we can all agree that Ezio Connor and Altair (looked like he was wearing a bathrobe) did not have the most testosterone driven threads.
---
#15shabalakazamPosted 11/30/2012 5:28:57 AM
I don't get you

Connor is imo the manliest-looking out of the three. :v
#16manila2k1Posted 11/30/2012 5:34:25 AM
I'm still bummed that they chose Ezio's Roman Assassin Robes instead of his AC2 Florentine Assassin Robes.
#17kmccullPosted 11/30/2012 6:02:35 AM
Which is like saying you're the fastest kid at the Special Olympics. They all look like a bunch of fanny bandits (not that theres anything wrong with that).
Back to what really matters. I think that the dev team and qa team at Ubisoft should have kept the physics and controls of the Ezio trilogy static as this one is very hard to manage. What is really strange is that in the cities, Connor is very clumsy and going from rooftop to rooftop is pretty much useless when getting chased. In the frontier though, he moves through the trees very well and is often the path of least resistance when being pursued by the Brits. My opinion is, if you are going to make the chases much harder then spend more time developing the movement through the streets. Alot of Boston rooftops are not within jumping distance as well. They should have packed that tighter. Its just not a good game
---
#18CaterwaulPosted 11/30/2012 6:58:10 AM
kmccull posted...
My opinion is, if you are going to make the chases much harder then spend more time developing the movement through the streets. Alot of Boston rooftops are not within jumping distance as well. They should have packed that tighter. Its just not a good game

The chases aren't harder, in fact, you can walk around on the roofs for much longer without getting spotted, because there's so few people. Reduce your notoriety so they stop chasing you.

They intentionally made the roofs further apart in this game for historical accuracy. I agree that that hurts the gameplay though.
#19DuranOfForcenaPosted 11/30/2012 1:17:34 PM
Caterwaul posted...
kmccull posted...
My opinion is, if you are going to make the chases much harder then spend more time developing the movement through the streets. Alot of Boston rooftops are not within jumping distance as well. They should have packed that tighter. Its just not a good game

The chases aren't harder, in fact, you can walk around on the roofs for much longer without getting spotted, because there's so few people. Reduce your notoriety so they stop chasing you.

They intentionally made the roofs further apart in this game for historical accuracy. I agree that that hurts the gameplay though.

I thought this about rooftops as well, until I remembered about the trees. They are not just climbable in the frontier. Often, there will be a tree in a house's sideyard with a crotch or a branch that you can use to get to the next house. You don't really notice how many of them there are at first because rooftop sequences usually have you think pretty fast, and the way it has been ingrained into our brains for four games prior is kind of a hard mold to break.
---
I have walked across the surface of the sun. I have witnessed events so tiny and so fast they can hardly be said to have occurred at all...
#20kmccullPosted 12/1/2012 4:45:51 AM

The issue I'm having is once I gain any notoriety it's a pain in the a## to lose it.
I actually live in downtown Boston so I get the historical accuracy thing. I just with they would have gone with functionality over accuracy. Idk. Im going to start it again from scratch with no expectations.
---