Stairs to hook up new power source vanished?? spoilers!!

#1XesartluPosted 11/30/2012 12:19:47 AM
So before work today, i just finished seq10, and went through getting desmonds father back. Got back to present day area, went up those stairs on the right, went through the cut scenes w the 1st civ lady..hooked up the power source n the walkway moves towards where shaun usually is. At that point i turned the game off n went to work. Now i turn the game on and i get the cut scene w desmonds father saying 'you can hook up the power source before heading into the animus, but it's your call', and i'm like, i already did that. the stairs are gone, and i try to access it another way, i dont get the cut scenes w the first civ lady, and the area is impossible to cross now. i check the platform n it has reset back to it's original spot. i tried going back to the area where you hook up the previous power source to maybe re-unlock those stairs n nothing. has this happened to anyone else?? is this maybe a permenant glitch n i'll have to start over?
#2Xesartlu(Topic Creator)Posted 11/30/2012 12:40:15 AM
I just tried re doing the abstergo mission and it did not work. if anyone knows how to correct this, plz help
#3Gladion20Posted 11/30/2012 12:55:44 PM
Same thing happened to me when I turned it off after putting the source in.
---
XboxLive: alphaomegatitan PSN: Jawzzus
Skyrim Story: http://throughroughandtumble.blogspot.com
#4Xesartlu(Topic Creator)Posted 11/30/2012 4:14:09 PM
Did you finish the game?
#5SonicSPPosted 11/30/2012 4:26:55 PM(edited)
I think this happened to me too, it just vanished out of the blue and I searched everywhere for it.

I tried putting the new power source after fulfilling the Abstergo mission and I remembered the game saving. But when I loaded the game the next day, it replayed the scene day it showed Desmond's dad talking him after the mission was done. Tried looking for the stairway since I thought it didnt save it but I can't find it.

It's almost exactly the same situation as the TC is describing. I also just finished the game a few minutes ago but this incident happened like the last time I played it.
---
Crush 40 Rules!!!
#6Xesartlu(Topic Creator)Posted 11/30/2012 4:32:27 PM
Yea. Sonic, you were able to complete the game? so at the end of the game, it like registered that the 3rd source was placed and the bridge moved?
#7SonicSPPosted 11/30/2012 6:45:08 PM(edited)
I don't know whether the power source is required to finish the game, but I tended to put them as soon as I get them. Not sure what happens if you put them off. Don't know whether it's registered or not (and whether that's going to have an effect or something), but I have finished the game.

If putting all the power sources in is a requirement for finishing the game, then I'm guessing that mine was registered.
---
Crush 40 Rules!!!
#8Gladion20Posted 12/5/2012 11:42:34 AM(edited)
I just got a response from the support ticket I sent to Ubisoft, they said that they were unable to reproduce the error, so they don't know whats wrong. and that I should recheck my steps by looking up guides on here, or on youtube.

Not that it ended up mattering, was still able to finish the game because apparently the game still recognized that I put it where it was suppose to go.
---
#9MoooglemanPosted 12/6/2012 11:22:12 PM
You can't finish the game without placing the power sources you need to place them to open the door to the depths of the temple. I thought this happened to me but I was just really daft at finding where to put the sources even with the guide. I straight up sucked at that temple. I just couldn't follow directions or find the power places on my own.

I'd say keep playing worry about the sources at the end and try to find a video that shows some one do all 3 in a row without a break so you can follow it easier from what your last step was by memory.
#10Gladion20Posted 12/7/2012 7:41:50 AM
Mooogleman posted...
You can't finish the game without placing the power sources you need to place them to open the door to the depths of the temple. I thought this happened to me but I was just really daft at finding where to put the sources even with the guide. I straight up sucked at that temple. I just couldn't follow directions or find the power places on my own.

I'd say keep playing worry about the sources at the end and try to find a video that shows some one do all 3 in a row without a break so you can follow it easier from what your last step was by memory.

We did find where to put the power source, the glitch is that if you turn it off afterwards, and then try to play it loops back to the cgi video of your dad talking, and then there's a giant wall where the stairs are and the walk way isn't there next to the giant door. However, it apparently seems that the game remembers that you infact did put the power source in so I guess in the long run it might just be a glitch with the cgi and not the power source after all.
---