Ok I just beat it now and watching the credits, it was a good ending I dont understand all the hate I actually liked it, will be an interesting AC4 game because for sure alot of questions need to be answered. Feels like the ending for MGS2. Anyway these are my concerns:
1) Everyone says Desmond dies, how do we know that? He touched the thing and collapsed he could be in a coma only you dont see his tomb or his friends find him and say he is dead.
2) How did he save earth? It said Juno will be released from prison and now she wants to do something evil to mankind but how did the sun get stopped? From the previous talks with Juno it seemed like we will send devices into space and try to make the entire world wish to be safe thats what I thought it was heading or to save just 1 city only.
Regardless of the game its clear we will be going back in the past now wellllllll beyond the past. I have this feeling it will be about the Assassins and templars merging together because Minerva said centuries were lost in the 2 factions bickering when they shouldve been focused on saving the world. Im guess maybe Altairs mentor to turn him to be good and to somehow talk with the templar grand master at the time for a truce. --- "Why do you hesitate to extend the power of Macedon - your power"-Alexander The Great
Sorry I forgot to ask also about the templars in this game:
SPOILERS about seq 11 and 12
Why did Charles Lee just give up like that? He didnt even put up a fight, he seemed happy that Connor killed him. What was the templars plan if the 2 main leaders just well gave up and let Connor kill them both with ease pretty much? I dont get Haythams plan with his death speech to Connor, really really confusing and cryptic messages towards the end. Sure hope Ubi clears these up --- "Why do you hesitate to extend the power of Macedon - your power"-Alexander The Great
1. He looks pretty dead to me, not to mention they said he would die.
2. He didn't particularly save them, as we don't know what Juno will do. He just opted to have hope that mankind would find a way to defeat Juno if she turned out to be a **** as opposed to banishing humanity to repeat the same cycle again.
3. Charles Lee gave up, I guess, because he knew Connor would get him eventually. Even though I didn't like the fact that a chase was their big event, I did like that ending scene and I thought it said plenty even if words did not.
As to Haytham's last words, he was basically telling Connor that he can't stop the Templar Order, it had already gained a pretty strong standing in the Americas. --- "invade some poor sap and jihad bomb him" - LazyKenny
Whyy did Charles Lee just give up like that? He didnt even put up a fight, he seemed happy that Connor killed him. What was the templars plan if the 2 main leaders just well gave up and let Connor kill them both with ease pretty much? I dont get Haythams plan with his death speech to Connor, really really confusing and cryptic messages towards the end. Sure hope Ubi clears these up
You feel Charles Lee just gave up? The guy has been running from Connor and looking over his shoulder for years. He saw Connor kill his way through everyone, all the while knowing that he was the real target. He even tried to leave the country to escape.
I don't feel "he gave up just like that" at all, he did everything he could but every time Connor caught up.
It's not that he was happy that Connor killed him, he smiled out of a sense of wonder and recognition. Like he couldn't believe that the little boy who promised that he would find him actually pulled it off and was amazed that he did.
I loved how that ended. Charles was tired of running and realized he was never gonna outrun Connor anyway. They shared a final drink as a sign of respect and then he let Connor have his well deserved revenge.