Any tips to being a silent assassin?

#1NinjamanXXXXPosted 12/1/2012 9:17:10 PM
Whenever there's a side quest like beating up an officer for some information,I always have to battle every platoon in the block.Is there any tips or techniques to lure them to a secluded area?.Also some tips on silently getting forts(I just beat the crap out of everyone inside)
---
(H)aving (A)nger (T)owards (E)veryone (R)eaching (S)uccess
#2dragonflie666Posted 12/1/2012 9:25:26 PM
Mine usually end up in a alley with no other enemies.

So maybe follow them a bit until they do the same? If not, just call your recruits and use Lure to do away other enemies.
#3NinjamanXXXX(Topic Creator)Posted 12/1/2012 9:26:45 PM
My only recruit it stephone,He's stupid and starting a riot just injures him.Either way I have to battle and save his sorry ass
---
(H)aving (A)nger (T)owards (E)veryone (R)eaching (S)uccess
#4dragonflie666Posted 12/1/2012 9:32:47 PM
You should have him do training with the missions.
And for the Lure ability, get Dobby up north first.
#5Vicious756Posted 12/1/2012 9:59:44 PM
I've come to the realization that being stealthy in AC is incredibly difficult, not because the game is inherently challenging, but because alot of the stealth systems are unrefined or broken.

For instance, I was trying to do a liberation mission where you have to kill a tax collector. So I sneak up on a roof nearby so that I can do an air assassination. The only problem is that as soon as you're within a certain distance from the target he automatically notices you, even if (as in my case) you're on a roof, BEHIND cover.

Stealthily taking down forts is also incredibly annoying without the ability to crouch behind low walls.