Whenever I try to skin anything, I get nothing (Sequence 9).

#1X195Posted 12/2/2012 5:46:57 AM
Is this because it's Winter and the animals can't be made use of? Or is it some bug?

I'm leaning towards the former, since I still get my arrows back if I skin an animal I killed with the bow, but nothing else.
---
Call me Mega, Megaman, X, or any variation/combination of the previously stated names.
Official Liu Kang of the PS3 Mortal Kombat board.
#2NinogerritsPosted 12/2/2012 8:35:01 AM
I think it's a bug, but I never actively hunted in winter so I suppose it could be intentional.
#3X195(Topic Creator)Posted 12/2/2012 9:48:21 AM
Thanks for the answer. Anyone else can give any insight?

If it's a bug, will it fix itself or am I screwed?
---
Call me Mega, Megaman, X, or any variation/combination of the previously stated names.
#4X195(Topic Creator)Posted 12/2/2012 10:09:02 AM
Nevermind, I sold a bunch of pelts and stuff, and it seemed to fix itself. Had around 1035, now have 850.
---
#5SymphonicRainPosted 12/2/2012 10:19:08 AM
Winter definitely doesn't stop you from skinning so it must've been a bug, or maybe there's an item cap.
---
"invade some poor sap and jihad bomb him" - LazyKenny
#6Gladion20Posted 12/2/2012 11:07:33 AM
Wow man, I like hunting and all too, but not that much. That's a lot of pelts and animal items.
---
XboxLive: alphaomegatitan PSN: Jawzzus
Skyrim Story: http://throughroughandtumble.blogspot.com
#7SymphonicRainPosted 12/2/2012 11:13:04 AM
Gladion20 posted...
Wow man, I like hunting and all too, but not that much. That's a lot of pelts and animal items.

It soon mounts up. I just enjoy the free roaming and messing with guards and before I knew it I had about 800 pelts. Too bad you can't send them all on a convoy at once.
---
"invade some poor sap and jihad bomb him" - LazyKenny
#8X195(Topic Creator)Posted 12/3/2012 8:22:03 AM
Yeah, it just kept adding up. I almost always took the forest routes through the Frontier instead of the roads, and only use Fast Travel when I'm really in a hurry.

It's weird if it was an item cap, though, as I had exactly 1034 pelts. Seems like such a... random number to be a cap. Glad it got fixed, though, as it would suck a lot if it was permanent. I'll be sure to get rid of stuff every time it gets near 1000 to be safe.
---
#9VirtuousKingPosted 12/3/2012 10:00:28 AM
It is definitely an item cap. Others have encountered it before. Also, holy crap that is a lot o pelts.
---
R.I.P. Junk Bludgeo'd For Hammer, But Always In Our Hearts. 176 Damage, Nevar Forget.
#10Twisted_FoolPosted 12/4/2012 4:50:32 PM
I only have 35 bear pelts and I cannot get anymore pelts from skinning. I don't think it's an item cap... It can't be cumulative; it doesn't make sense.
---
PSN: jilord
Ummm... Brotherhood was in Rome, not Italy. - TooFlyForAWifi