Honestly Connor just comes across as this naive doucebag. (SPOILERS)

#11XdieXPosted 12/3/2012 1:14:24 PM
TC is confused.

Now end the topic
---
PSN: I_HATE_EVERYONE1
http://youtu.be/tNW3ItQOd7c <--- haha
#12Gmoney-Posted 12/3/2012 1:29:12 PM
The Templars are supposed to be morally grey in this game and not so evil.

The Vatican looks at the Borgia time as a dark period. The Templars probably do too.
---
The fire baby, it'll burn us both. Always....and never.
#13LuigiohPosted 12/3/2012 2:10:24 PM
Yeah connor is even more unlikable than Desmond himself, and that's saying a LOT.
---
32mg and declining keep it up man you can do this you want this
#14MikmaqSoliderPosted 12/3/2012 7:45:39 PM
I like how people seem to forget that he is a Mohawk and that he spends the game navigating a foreign culture--- and how that alone speaks volumes for alot of his "mentally isolated" approach.

Stop and think. You are a young Mohawk boy. Foreign invaders came in, killed your mom, and changed the entire course of history for everything you knew. You have a "spirit" tell you to go on a journey-- so you seek out a non-native person to set you on a path that you don't know jack about... and your entire "path" involves you going to war against the same foreigners that--as far as you know -- killed your mom.

And BTW--- you really think the "boy" comment was meant to signify his age? Doubt it... "boy" has been a racist slur from white people to non-white people for a long time...

Ratohnhake:ton may have been genetically part caucasian-- but he is a mohawk (which trace lineage through the mother, which makes him full mohawk "legally" speaking). His dad happening to be white ultimately means nothing. He grew up 100% mohawk.

I think that everyone needs to refactor and recalibrate their assessment. Yes, its totally fair if you dont like him and this he is a bad character. Fine.

But when you made this assessment-- where you factoring the above in ? I seriously doubt it.

Like the one assassin says " Connor? You are not a skinny little irish boy... what is your REAL name?"

The fact that nobody ever posts his real name is good evidence that people fail to factor the complete dynamic into their equation.

And if Ratohnhake:ton is "too hard to type"--- that is a lame excuse.

His name is Ratohnhake:ton-- Connor is only an alias he used because the foreigners can't pronounce his real name.
#15Bloodlines1191Posted 12/3/2012 8:02:21 PM
Luigioh posted...
Yeah connor is even more unlikable than Desmond himself, and that's saying a LOT.

I thought that was Altair.
---
Nothing is True, Everything is Permitted - Assassin's Creed
I shall forever hate the name......Crimson Viper
#16dave_is_slickPosted 12/3/2012 8:17:15 PM
I like how people seem to forget that he is a Mohawk and that he spends the game navigating a foreign culture--- and how that alone speaks volumes for alot of his "mentally isolated" approach.

Stop and think. You are a young Mohawk boy. Foreign invaders came in, killed your mom, and changed the entire course of history for everything you knew. You have a "spirit" tell you to go on a journey-- so you seek out a non-native person to set you on a path that you don't know jack about... and your entire "path" involves you going to war against the same foreigners that--as far as you know -- killed your mom.

And BTW--- you really think the "boy" comment was meant to signify his age? Doubt it... "boy" has been a racist slur from white people to non-white people for a long time...

Ratohnhake:ton may have been genetically part caucasian-- but he is a mohawk (which trace lineage through the mother, which makes him full mohawk "legally" speaking). His dad happening to be white ultimately means nothing. He grew up 100% mohawk.

I think that everyone needs to refactor and recalibrate their assessment. Yes, its totally fair if you dont like him and this he is a bad character. Fine.

But when you made this assessment-- where you factoring the above in ? I seriously doubt it.

Like the one assassin says " Connor? You are not a skinny little irish boy... what is your REAL name?"

The fact that nobody ever posts his real name is good evidence that people fail to factor the complete dynamic into their equation.

His name is Ratohnhake:ton-- Connor is only an alias he used because the foreigners can't pronounce his real name.

There's always that one person who reads waaaaaayyyyyy too much into it. And if Connor wasn't his name, he wouldn't let people call him that.
---
I am prepared to use this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RFZrzg62Zj0&feature=related
#17grand_kaizerPosted 12/4/2012 2:41:45 AM
dave_is_slick posted...

There's always that one person who reads waaaaaayyyyyy too much into it. And if Connor wasn't his name, he wouldn't let people call him that.

No, most of the time there are people who don't look at anything going on through the narrative and judge entirely on face value. Just because it's a minority who looks at backstory and sees in context doesn't mean they're the ones looking from the wrong angle. The world isn't flat, after all.
---
"I am the Truest Repairman!"
#18angel_vs_spikePosted 12/4/2012 3:56:15 AM
MetlGearPIkachu posted...
Except that Lee wasn't behind the burning of his village but instead it was his good ol friend George during his days in the British army.

Just curious, where is this information in the game?
I remember in sequence 11 when Haytham was saying they did not burn Connors/Ratonhnhaké:tons village and I got very excited over who could've done it then (assuming Haytham did not lie, and I like to believe he didn't), and would the revelation of who did it be an awesome plot twist.
Anyway, Haytham died (wasn't too happy with the circumstances surrounding that event and no matter what the circumstances are Haytham shouldn't have died by the hands of his son imo (note IMO)) and I was hoping for an interesting reveal from Charles Lee in sequence 12 but that didn't happen, so I was left with an unanswered question (one of many).