Dead body by the lighthouse?

#1PyroJamesPosted 12/2/2012 10:16:54 PM
Out of boredom, I decided to check out the lighthouse to see the supposed "ghostly suicide jumper" many people have reported seeing. As I swam across the water towards the lighthouse, sure enough a person spawned on top of the rock by the shoreline. He was squatting on the rock and when I approached him, he jumped into the water! I decided to explore the lighthouse area some more and near the treasure chest by the lighthouse, there's a cropping of tall rock formations in the water. On one of the rocks, I found a dead body! If you're swimming to the rocks, you can't climb up them so the only way I got onto the rock was to jump onto it from the edge of the lighthouse cliff. Anyways, I decided to loot the poor guy and the dead body had animal pelts on him instead of money.

Is this dead guy a glitch or am I missing a side mission storyline? It's quite creepy to just find a dead body lying around.
---
:0l < -- (Me when I have nothing to say.)
#2umbra_fuhrerPosted 12/3/2012 12:00:59 AM
I dont know. Never heard of this dead body or a person jumping off the lighthouse. Though it reminds me that one time when I was exploring around the Lighthouse and I had eagle vision on, I found foot prints that started at the lighthouse and led to the cliff. Then they stopped. I thought it was the weirdest thing.

Havent gone back to see if the footprints are still there. They might be. They were right by the little barn area by the cliff and theres a small crowd of people milling about there.
#3PyroJames(Topic Creator)Posted 12/3/2012 9:19:12 AM
Cool, I didn't even think to check the area with eagle vision. I will have to try that later.

Can somebody else also check the lighthouse to see if the dead body is in their game? If the body is there, loot him for free animal pelts!
---
:0l < -- (Me when I have nothing to say.)
#4ReVenANT1489Posted 12/3/2012 12:17:33 PM
Interesting, i'll have to try this later.
---
psn: randy_marshh
not changing sig till bears win the superbowl started 12-30-09
#5Gladion20Posted 12/3/2012 12:32:18 PM
PyroJames posted...
If the body is there, loot him for free animal pelts!

Off topic kinda, but there's another body that has 5 or so pelts on him as well next to the trinket near the native village on the edge of a cliff, kinda looks like he fell off and landed there too.
---
XboxLive: alphaomegatitan PSN: Jawzzus
Skyrim Story: http://throughroughandtumble.blogspot.com
#6imcastortroy89Posted 12/3/2012 5:03:42 PM
i think its an elf. not joking.
---
psn: imcastortroy89
xbl: imcastortroy89
#7The_Amish_KingPosted 12/3/2012 6:07:29 PM
i know what your talking about and no, i don't think it's a glitch. I'v found two others around the frontier and they all had pelts on them.
---
...although i'm not sure...
#8DemonReacherPosted 12/3/2012 6:39:17 PM
reminds me of he suicide photographer from GTA SA, might check this out
---
MGS3 Ghost Run: Foxhound Rank: Official Ghost Runner of MGS
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL4D335DDB9C9BAEDD&feature=plcp
#9NeoMonkPosted 12/3/2012 6:45:19 PM
There's a few bodies around (if you do the survival animal quests you spot a few) but overall the jumper is common if you approach thru the water, dunno what's his purpose but yeah....
---
"How am i spelling?" Please call 800-WHO-CARES or online at Imlonely.com
#10AgentSergeiPosted 12/3/2012 10:10:53 PM
conspiracy