Is it me or is ACIII just so short?

#13500zPosted 12/3/2012 11:40:11 AM(edited)
I swear this game is short. I finished the storyline in 6 days playing it only like 4-5 hours a day. I also did all the missions sides. ACII took me 2 months to complete w/o any DLC.

Hmm...not really upset but just thinking that I never paid $59.99 for a game that I completed in 6 days before. The game was fine but I don't feel like playing it again.
---
Guns Don't Kill People, Lag Does~!
#2MadigariPosted 12/3/2012 11:42:58 AM
How slow were you playing AC2? Because it definitely doesn't take two months, even -with- the DLC and all side content, and especially if you are on the same gameplay schedule.
---
Gamertag is Madigari, for both Xbox 360 and PSN.
Of all the things I've lost, I miss my originality the most.
#33500z(Topic Creator)Posted 12/3/2012 11:51:38 AM
Maybe finding and completing all those assassin & templar tombs took me long. ACII game also seemed to have more sync points and more things to do in each city.
---
Guns Don't Kill People, Lag Does~!
#4PhykosPosted 12/3/2012 11:58:55 AM
You did not do all the mission sides and main story in 6 hours. I haven't even come close to doing all the missions and I'm 11 hours in. To do what you did you'd literally had to have skipped all cutscenes and avoided ANY sort of meaningful exploration. The game isn't short if you deliberately skip most of the content.
---
"He is useless atop the ground. He ought to be under it, inspiring the cabbages."-Mark Twain
#5MadigariPosted 12/3/2012 11:59:09 AM
If you say so.

Less than 21 hours (since you don't have the DLC) stretched over two months is a pretty unforgiving play schedule, though. That's about 20 minutes a day.
---
Gamertag is Madigari, for both Xbox 360 and PSN.
Of all the things I've lost, I miss my originality the most.
#6Gladion20Posted 12/3/2012 12:01:19 PM
Phykos posted...
You did not do all the mission sides and main story in 6 hours. I haven't even come close to doing all the missions and I'm 11 hours in. To do what you did you'd literally had to have skipped all cutscenes and avoided ANY sort of meaningful exploration. The game isn't short if you deliberately skip most of the content.

He said 6 days, not hours.
---
XboxLive: alphaomegatitan PSN: Jawzzus
Skyrim Story: http://throughroughandtumble.blogspot.com
#7PhykosPosted 12/3/2012 12:03:25 PM(edited)
Wow. Well I will admit I'm an idiot. My bad there, reading is pro. >_< Sorry. Well in that case 6 days with 4-5 hours puts the game at 24-30 hours. That's hardly short. Now granted that's with all the side stuff but the "side stuff" has so much character development (the homestead stuff anyway) that it might as well be part of the story.
---
"He is useless atop the ground. He ought to be under it, inspiring the cabbages."-Mark Twain
#8LuigiohPosted 12/3/2012 2:12:50 PM
Eh, you probably found it short because you only play as assassin connor for half the bloody game, even less. **** that.
---
32mg and declining keep it up man you can do this you want this
#9PhykosPosted 12/3/2012 2:53:21 PM
^ Main storyline wise this is probably true, but the homestead missions take quite a bit of time and there's a ton of stuff to do as Conner, and most of it reveals bits and pieces of his personality (the conversations are especially good examples of this). So really, due to all of the high quality (with some exceptions of course) story related sidequests, one can say his story is pretty long.
---
#10Gladion20Posted 12/3/2012 3:00:39 PM
Doing the Encyclopedia can take awhile and make the game last, some of those people don't like to work..I'm looking at you lumberers.
---
XboxLive: alphaomegatitan PSN: Jawzzus
Skyrim Story: http://throughroughandtumble.blogspot.com