Ratohnhake:ton

#11WrattsPosted 12/4/2012 2:14:16 AM
I think it's fine people refer to him as "Connor" as that is his alias as an assassin and that is what he is now, and it is the name that Achilles gave him—his emotional father.
#12CentrophyPosted 12/4/2012 2:29:54 AM
Ratonhnhaké:ton... do the Mohawk use the English alphabet or Latin alphabet? Do they even have a written text? Because Ratonhnhaké:ton sounds nothing like how it's spelled in the subtitles. Now (you can) call me crazy but shouldn't it be spelled how it sounds; Rodunkadunk? Granted I'm using the Japanese romaji way to translate a name. The way it's spelled in the subtitles makes it seem like it should sound like rah-tone-hack-eh-tone.
#133CentFoolPosted 12/4/2012 3:12:59 AM
Wratts posted...
I think it's fine people refer to him as "Connor" as that is his alias as an assassin and that is what he is now, and it is the name that Achilles gave him—his emotional father.

Agreed! He carries both names. Each symbolizes various aspects of his personality and history.
---
He's mad that trusts in the tameness of a wolf
PSN: LuCKiii DCUO: Ever Archer - Hero
#14ZXR_ReignSlayerPosted 12/4/2012 3:17:31 AM
His name is Toby!
---
Everyone thinks they are special and the exception to the rule...everyone...and they are all wrong -RonD70
#15z_cherubPosted 12/4/2012 4:24:40 AM
RatchetRule posted...
THE_JOKE_KING33 posted...
Rangadangado is a pretty cool guy, I heard. Too bad everyone hates him, meh whatever.

I think Assassin's Creed III is a pretty cool guy. eh what would you have him do and doesn't afraid of anything.

Lol...
---
PSN: ZCherub
#16AlleyBoi420Posted 12/4/2012 5:21:46 AM
MikmaqSolider posted...
Lit- Actually wrong. By British cutsom, he would be an illegitimate child, and thus not allowed to lay claim to lineage of his father---and British law would rule that the only lineage he has a right to would be is mother's lineage-- which is Mohawk, which is traced through the mother.

British and Mohawk law both say he traces through the mother, which is Mohawk.

He is Mohawk by both customs.

You still spelled it wrong.
---
"when it comes to reality i own the $5m penthouse and the lambo and you have nothing. and i punch you in the face and you start crying" - supergreat
#17LitCandlezPosted 12/4/2012 5:23:07 AM
MikmaqSolider posted...
Lit- Actually wrong. By British cutsom, he would be an illegitimate child, and thus not allowed to lay claim to lineage of his father---and British law would rule that the only lineage he has a right to would be is mother's lineage-- which is Mohawk, which is traced through the mother.

British and Mohawk law both say he traces through the mother, which is Mohawk.

He is Mohawk by both customs.

Source? Also this law is about as legitimate as the one drop rule. It is up to Connor to decide what his name is.
---
GAMEFAQS- Where posting a different opinion is trolling, and moderators are always right! We all love this website!
I have a vita. PSN-LitCandles
#18VirtuousKingPosted 12/4/2012 7:03:46 AM
MikmaqSolider posted...
Do people not use his real name because they are lazy are they have a bias against his real name?

It's probably because he refers to and introduces himself as Connor. Therefore, Connor hates himself.
---
R.I.P. Junk Bludgeo'd For Hammer, But Always In Our Hearts. 176 Damage, Nevar Forget.
#19chaostdkPosted 12/4/2012 8:17:34 AM
ZXR_ReignSlayer posted...
His name is Toby!

bazinga!
#20MikmaqSolider(Topic Creator)Posted 12/4/2012 10:07:56 AM
Lit - Its standard English law. Even in 1926, the Legitmacy Act only allowed for child to be legitimated if the parents married (and that was only if no other marriage had come between the birth and that marriage).

Prior to that, standard English law states that a child born out-of-wedlock is an illegitimate child and has no claim to inheritance rights NOR any claim to British nationality.

The Poor Law of 1576 (18 Elizabeth C.3) states that the father of the illegitimate child should pay to raise the child, so as to spare the country the expense. However, it does not grant legitimation to the child.. the child is still illegitimate and cannot inherit. Also, the Poor Law of 1576 only requires the father to pay for a bastard child if the child is of British nationality.

Ratonhake:ton was illegimate by the laws of the Britian... but even beyond that, he was not even a British citizen. How so ? Simple :

He was born to a Mohawk woman on Mohawk land. These means that he is a member o the autonomous country/nation that is Mohawk and is NOT a citizen of Britian.

So, he is neither British by Legitimation NOR by citizenship.

Therefore-- to call him British at all is in fact completely wrong.

He is "half white"--- fine.. that is a DNA thing and has to do with race.

British is not a race. Mohawk is not a race.

British is Nationality. Mohawk is Nationality.

He is "half Native and half White" by blood.. that is a fair statement.

But he is all Mohawk.

Actually, if we wanted to get picky-- I would say he looks to be 1/4 Native, because his mom sure as hell was not a full blood.

However, even if he is 1/4 native by blood-- he is still 100% Mohawk