Another 'Do I need to play the games' question

#1PiCaYuNeSyZyGyPosted 12/3/2012 8:03:52 PM
Hello all, I played AC2 a few years ago and then went back to school, got a job, ... haven't played many games lately

Should I pick this one up? Should I do Brotherhood or Revelations first? How lost will I be if I don't know much of the story?
---
PSN EonBlueSyz
#2dave_is_slickPosted 12/3/2012 8:09:04 PM
Should I pick this one up?

If only to finish Desmond's story.
Should I do Brotherhood or Revelations first?

Yes.
How lost will I be if I don't know much of the story?

It's the "third" entry. What do you think?
---
I am prepared to use this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RFZrzg62Zj0&feature=related
#3PiCaYuNeSyZyGy(Topic Creator)Posted 12/7/2012 11:58:38 AM
I I've been playing brotherhood and just can't get into it because if rather play this one

How many hours could i get out of it if i try to do all the side content
---
PSN EonBlueSyz
#4SlipSkullPosted 12/7/2012 12:38:41 PM
YES!

Plenty of people have brushed off Brotherhood and Revelations as "fillers"
I myself thought of them as fillers until I actually played them.

There are significant plot progressions at the end of each that give you a much bigger perspective compared to just playing I, II, and III
Plus going through the complete journey of Ezio and even watching Assassin's Creed: Embers is recommended if you are into the story of Assassin's Creed as a whole.

They aren't so important that you won't get what's going on, but I highly recommend at least playing through the main story missions.
---
Panda Pounce!
PSN: Rhaazerus
#5WrattsPosted 12/7/2012 12:46:32 PM
PiCaYuNeSyZyGy posted...
I I've been playing brotherhood and just can't get into it because if rather play this one

How many hours could i get out of it if i try to do all the side content

40-50 hours to platinum-trophy AC3
#6jason2678Posted 12/7/2012 4:27:49 PM
From what I remember the main story missions of Brotherhood and Revelations were pretty short compared with AC2. You could probably rip through them both pretty quick if you skipped the side content.

Or just YouTube the ending for Revelations and get caught up on most of the...uhhhh... revelations.
#7NorthernDruidPosted 12/7/2012 6:38:44 PM
jason2678 posted...
From what I remember the main story missions of Brotherhood and Revelations were pretty short compared with AC2. You could probably rip through them both pretty quick if you skipped the side content.

Or just YouTube the ending for Revelations and get caught up on most of the...uhhhh... revelations.

Yeah, if you skip most of the side content, brotherhood and revelations are REALLY short.

Doing some of it is recommended though, in particular the Da Vinci inventions missions and the Romulus lairs for brotherhood. And the Assassin recruit missions for Revelations, Desmond's story can be skipped, but i'd still recommend it if you don't have a major problem of the gameplay of it. The Lost archive DLC (for Revelations) is recommended regardless, The Da Vinci disappereance is also recommended for brotherhood.

Embers is also awesome.

If you really want to skip right to this though, you'll need to find some good summaries and stuff. In particular you want to know who Ezio was (properly, who he was through Brotherhood and Revelations), and know all the detail about the current time events.

I'm tempted to make an attempted sticky that summaries up the plot of all the games with the appropriate detail really, since there's starting to be quite a bit, and it's hard to give adequate answers to what would be sufficient knowledge to attain without playing the games, without stating excactly what.
---
The best plans are the ones that don't work unless you wing it along the way. -Skandrae
Support Project Crystallis! http://projectcrystallis.org/