plot wise, what the heck are the pivots about? (spoilers?)

#1CloudHiroPosted 12/4/2012 5:14:17 PM
all I know is apparently some random guy is hacking the animus, and a set of numbers. any idea what it all means?
---
This area will self destruct in T minus 10 seconds. Please commence screaming and running around in circles. Have a Nice Day.
#2MadigariPosted 12/4/2012 5:18:39 PM
No one knows who they are. But they're hacking the Animus to upload Desmond's memories to the cloud.
---
Gamertag is Madigari, for both Xbox 360 and PSN.
Of all the things I've lost, I miss my originality the most.
#3CloudHiro(Topic Creator)Posted 12/4/2012 6:00:29 PM
and the numbers?
---
This area will self destruct in T minus 10 seconds. Please commence screaming and running around in circles. Have a Nice Day.
#4MadigariPosted 12/4/2012 6:02:09 PM
CloudHiro posted...
and the numbers?

They're just random numbers that really have no bearing on anything.
---
#5Scarface1985Posted 12/4/2012 6:04:15 PM
"Upload them to the cloud."

What is the cloud?
#6MadigariPosted 12/4/2012 6:12:49 PM
Scarface1985 posted...
What is the cloud?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cloud_storage
---
#7manila2k1Posted 12/4/2012 6:27:28 PM
The cloud, in broadest terms, refers to the Internet in general. Cloud Computing refers to the practice of using remote computers and resources over the Internet to perform computing tasks one would usually perform locally on one's own computer.

In the pivot missions, the goal is to upload Desmond's memories into the Internet so that the public at large can access them. There's also speculation that it's not only his memories but his entire consciousness that's being uploaded, but that's very debatable. As for the numbers at the end, I will have to politely disagree with the contention that they're meaningless, since it's not like Ubisoft to add a little detail like that and make it meaningless. They put numbers with hidden meanings everywhere in these games, therefore the chances that this particular number has no significance is very low.
#8megabigdPosted 12/4/2012 6:32:55 PM
I just beat the game yesterday, and I'm not really sure what EXACTLY to do with this pivot stuff
---
How realistic do you want it to be? Maybe you can get shot and have to go sit in the ICU for 2 months or get your leg amputated?-oflow
#9Strategist103Posted 12/4/2012 6:43:25 PM
Seems like its just a way for you to get cheats, after the game.

Guys who are hacking the animus could be related to new game like all previous epilogues. But its hard to believe that Rebecca could be hacked, considering how much knowledge she has. Although its still a possibility that these guys are hackers not related to the Assassins. Perhaps the plot of the next game will involve a rise in Assassins throughout the world thanks to these hackers or something like that.
---
Kick it up a notch
#10jepmzPosted 12/5/2012 2:17:15 AM
Basically, you (the hacker) are trying to create a torrent of the game disk (Desmond's memories) into the internet for the democracy of freedom. Instead of Lucy stealing the game disk, you merely create an iso of the disk and upload it into the internet for all to burn their own copy or straight up play it on their modded Animus consoles.
---
LittleBigPlanet Comic:
t inyurl.com/JepLBPComic