Hidden Secrets DLC

#1AcFan87Posted 12/5/2012 6:51:31 AM
Downloaded the pack via Season Pass this morning and I am overall happy with it.
This what I received:

--Ghost of War Acts I and II (Privateer Contract)
--A Dangerous Secret (Privateer Contract)
Neither of them have Full Synchronization objectives, which is a big plus.
--I got the Captain of the Aquila outfit and Colonial Assassin outfit
--I did NOT receive Lost Mayan ruins since I preordered the game at Gamestop and downloaded that code when I got the game, so its not a rip off in that sense, you don't pay for it twice.
--Also got different color schemes for the Aquila, but have absolutely no clue how to activate them.
--Got the Redcoat multiplayer character and a multiplayer map

I wish the Altair outfit was thrown in, so it could complete my set. But I suppose I have to bite the bullet and Full Synch that damn Charles Lee chase, which should be easy with the patch.

But, yeah I got basically what Ubisoft promised from the pack, now bring on King Washington! :)
#2ReVenANT1489Posted 12/5/2012 10:27:27 AM
So the DLC is only two privateer missions and outfits?

As for the Lee chase, what part are you struggling with? I had to replay the chase part several times before I got it full synched. Stay left to avoid the exploding barrel and if a guard is close to you when you're running use X to jump. They won't push you and it shouldn't count as shoving. Once inside the burning ship the only problem I had was figuring out where to go to keep chasing Lee. I assume you know where to go and to avoid fire. Keep trying and you'll get it. Although I was disappointed by the Altair outfit, it just doesn't fit into the time period.

I kind of want the DLC just to get those two costumes, I loved the Aquila captain one. I might be the only one getting sick of the hood in AC games.
---
psn: randy_marshh
not changing sig till bears win the superbowl started 12-30-09
#3AcFan87(Topic Creator)Posted 12/5/2012 11:39:00 AM(edited)
ReVenANT1489 posted...
So the DLC is only two privateer missions and outfits?

As for the Lee chase, what part are you struggling with? I had to replay the chase part several times before I got it full synched. Stay left to avoid the exploding barrel and if a guard is close to you when you're running use X to jump. They won't push you and it shouldn't count as shoving. Once inside the burning ship the only problem I had was figuring out where to go to keep chasing Lee. I assume you know where to go and to avoid fire. Keep trying and you'll get it. Although I was disappointed by the Altair outfit, it just doesn't fit into the time period.

I kind of want the DLC just to get those two costumes, I loved the Aquila captain one. I might be the only one getting sick of the hood in AC games.

Its interchangeable apparently. I received Lost Mayan Ruins through preorder and I unlocked it when I got the game. I downloaded The Hidden Secrets pack and didn't get the Mayan Ruins, I got the two privateer contracts, two costumes, different Aquila colors, oh and a naval convoy upgrade. I assume anyone who got Ghost of War or A Dangerous Secret through preorder will get the Mayan Ruins level in their place.

The problem I have with the Lee chase is that I can't avoid pushing the crowd because one Full Synch objective is to stay within 40 meters of him and its hard to do that when you need to break your momentum to slow and avoid pushing the crowd and getting around the guards. The take no fire damage objective was the only one I got, but I will definitely try your strategy, thank you for the tips.
The Colonial Assassin outfit does not have a hood, it has a unique hat, so maybe that would be a better option if you hate the hood :)
#4ukeguy808Posted 12/5/2012 11:42:20 AM
do i have to buy the season pass to get this or will they be available to purchase without the season pass later?
---
We work in the dark to serve the light. We are Assassins. Nothing is true, everything is permitted.
Official Yusuf Tazim of the AC3 boards
#5AcFan87(Topic Creator)Posted 12/5/2012 11:49:54 AM(edited)
The DLC will be available for purchase the 13th of December without the pass. The pass just grants early access and a 25% discount.
#6NeoMonkPosted 12/5/2012 11:55:31 AM
"New Multiplayer Map" which one?..
---
"How am i spelling?" Please call 800-WHO-CARES or online at Imlonely.com
#7AcFan87(Topic Creator)Posted 12/5/2012 12:02:35 PM(edited)
I haven't had time to look. The alert on the menu screen said what it was, but I didn't read it carefully cause I was getting ready for my early morning class.......all I saw was "multiplayer map unlocked".
#8NeoMonkPosted 12/5/2012 4:00:23 PM
AcFan87 posted...
I haven't had time to look. The alert on the menu screen said what it was, but I didn't read it carefully cause I was getting ready for my early morning class.......all I saw was "multiplayer map unlocked".

You probably should check since noone else but you is claiming this.
---
"How am i spelling?" Please call 800-WHO-CARES or online at Imlonely.com
#9Prost1278Posted 12/5/2012 4:12:18 PM
Wait that doesn't sound worth buying the Season Pass..

Season pass is $27-30 right? But then you still have to pay for the Hidden Secrets DLC....is a 25% discount worth it?
---
I don't sleep, cuz sleep is the cousin of death.
#10Gladion20Posted 12/5/2012 4:15:45 PM(edited)
Prost1278 posted...
Wait that doesn't sound worth buying the Season Pass..

Season pass is $27-30 right? But then you still have to pay for the Hidden Secrets DLC....is a 25% discount worth it?

Season pass is for the first 5 DLC they put out I'm pretty sure, so it's a 25% discount when you include the price of all of them compared with the price of a season pass
---
XboxLive: alphaomegatitan PSN: Jawzzus
Skyrim Story: http://throughroughandtumble.blogspot.com