Despite what some people are saying on here...this game is pretty good.

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Assassin's Creed III
  3. Despite what some people are saying on here...this game is pretty good.
3 years ago#1
I definitely like Connor and his upbringing, it gives a different perspective.

It's also nice they added some more variety to side missions now. I love the naval missions! I didn't think ship battles could be so much fun.

That's it there needs to be a badass pirate game one day. >>
---
"GameFAQs is a giant MMO text adventure." - Clarifinatious
"I've beat it twice." - TheLichLord
3 years ago#2
I don't think I ever played a game that wasn't bashed on gamefaqs upon release. Arkham City people complained it was too different FF 13 well I at least get that. ACB ACR AC1 didn't check gamefaqs when 2 launched. It is kinda ridiculous especially when later those same games are praised on these bored well maybe not acr (still don't get why not) and not really ff13. I have been on these boards 11 years and they just get more ridiculous every year but there are some decent topics and people that keep me from abandoning ship.

This game rocks period.
3 years ago#3
But it's not. I wanted it to be, that's why I had this pre-ordered. But upon playing it, I feel like I wasted my money.
---
I am prepared to use this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RFZrzg62Zj0&feature=related
3 years ago#4
I like it, it's probably the only AC I actually want to replay, I like all the others, but when I look at them and think about replaying it's a meh moment, AC:R is the only one I have and that's just because I did it to refresh myself for this game.
---
XboxLive: alphaomegatitan PSN: Jawzzus
Skyrim Story: http://throughroughandtumble.blogspot.com
3 years ago#5
Definitly my fav game in a while, and my second to platinum, the first being AC2.

It's been a while that a game had such an effect on me really, I just love everything the game had to offer. Sure the game was buggy, but I play for storyline and characters and for me, the game delivered it.

*spoilers if TC hasn't finished*

Connor is one of the few introvert heros that I've ever seen, most of the time the hero is always ready to jump into action without a though and quick to be emotional.
With Connor, I found a character who is burdened with a task that is too much for him, but his sense of responsibilty is so strong that he tries to do it despite the consequences that they might bring. And I find his story tragic. Despite his effort to do what is right, he is against a world that shows no mercy.

For me, the game's true ending was Connor's. Heck, on my second replay, I just muted Desmond's ending and waited for it to go back to Connor.
3 years ago#6
This game is the best AC game yet imo.

The series has finally reached the heights it aspired to be part of since the start but never really managed to reach.
3 years ago#7
The game is good. It's just that it's not fantastically, jaw-dropping awesome that Ubi made it out to be. Ever since AC2, no AC game has ever made me go "Wow, now that's some cool stuff." I don't know; I guess it's simply because the AC franchise has been milked far too much already, by gamers and Ubi alike. All those new features are cool, yes, but... it's still the same. Can't really put my finger on it. Kind of a gut feel thing.
---
PSN: jilord
Ummm... Brotherhood was in Rome, not Italy. - TooFlyForAWifi
3 years ago#8
dragonflie666 posted...
Definitly my fav game in a while, and my second to platinum, the first being AC2.

*spoilers if TC hasn't finished*

Connor is one of the few introvert heros that I've ever seen, most of the time the hero is always ready to jump into action without a though and quick to be emotional.
With Connor, I found a character who is burdened with a task that is too much for him, but his sense of responsibilty is so strong that he tries to do it despite the consequences that they might bring. And I find his story tragic. Despite his effort to do what is right, he is against a world that shows no mercy.

For me, the game's true ending was Connor's. Heck, on my second replay, I just muted Desmond's ending and waited for it to go back to Connor.

I completely agree.
---
I'm so clever that half the time even I don't understand what I'm saying.
  1. Boards
  2. Assassin's Creed III
  3. Despite what some people are saying on here...this game is pretty good.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived