Is it ever explained.. SPOILERS

#1FullmetalChildPosted 12/5/2012 10:51:42 AM
How Haytham found out that Connor's his son?I don't remember the game ever saying anything about that. I'm guessing Connor learned some details about his father from his mother, and Achilles filled him in on the rest, but did Haytham know?
---
Never pet a Castform on a summer day.
Currently playing: Jak 3, Mass Effect 2
#2najzerePosted 12/5/2012 11:00:34 AM
Well since it would have been like looking into a mirror, clearly he knew upon first sight.
#3bobbyrkPosted 12/5/2012 11:43:10 AM
Haytham is the grandmaster of the Templar in the Colonies. Connor isn't exactly an unknown party.
---
Behold the angry wizard putt-putt-putting away.
#4Gladion20Posted 12/5/2012 12:47:20 PM
Doesn't the Animus data about Connor's mom say that she stayed in touch with Haytham for awhile until after Connor had grown up a bit? I figured that it was a couple yrs before we start playing as him that she dropped all contact.
---
XboxLive: alphaomegatitan PSN: Jawzzus
Skyrim Story: http://throughroughandtumble.blogspot.com
#5kyro102Posted 12/5/2012 1:38:08 PM
Gladion20 posted...
Doesn't the Animus data about Connor's mom say that she stayed in touch with Haytham for awhile until after Connor had grown up a bit? I figured that it was a couple yrs before we start playing as him that she dropped all contact.

Probably this.
I'm betting that Haytham knew Connor was born but was probably too busy running the Templars to really follow up. Haytham does say that he gave specific orders to leave Connor's tribe alone when Connor was very young, even if he didnt seem too torn up about his baby-momma dying
---
Congratulations. Your statement has officially made me lose faith in humanity
#6dragonflie666Posted 12/5/2012 1:53:34 PM
Having surfed to the official AC forums, I found info that in the novel, Ziio had a distinct bear necklace.
Lee, after attacking Connor, mentions the young boy with the necklace and Haytham hears this and does the connection.
Considering when the relationship happened and Connor's age, it wouldn't be too hard of a guess. And Connor does look like his father.
#7burnfist23Posted 12/5/2012 5:25:38 PM
How about the inverse? How did Connor know Haytham was his father?
#8Gladion20Posted 12/5/2012 5:27:25 PM
His mom probably told him who his dad was
---
XboxLive: alphaomegatitan PSN: Jawzzus
Skyrim Story: http://throughroughandtumble.blogspot.com
#9lamMelvinPosted 12/5/2012 5:34:10 PM
burnfist23 posted...
How about the inverse? How did Connor know Haytham was his father?

When you first start playing as Connor, he was reading a book. I just assumed that it was about his fathers adventures and stuff, and that's why he was trying to be secretive about it when his mom finds him.
---
Onward, Masked Knight.
#10NorthernDruidPosted 12/5/2012 5:58:46 PM
kyro102 posted...
Gladion20 posted...

Probably this.
I'm betting that Haytham knew Connor was born but was probably too busy running the Templars to really follow up. Haytham does say that he gave specific orders to leave Connor's tribe alone when Connor was very young, even if he didnt seem too torn up about his baby-momma dying

Well his face did get the same expression as he had when he discovered the key didn't work. He probably cared, just got over it.
---
The best plans are the ones that don't work unless you wing it along the way. -Skandrae
Support Project Crystallis! http://projectcrystallis.org/