the "this happened to me" thread of glitchiness

#1knive87Posted 12/6/2012 6:00:42 AM
Well ITT we tell our fellow assassins the glitches we've encountered roaming around AC3

i was out hunting somewhere when suddenly a wild bear appears!!

surprised i attempted to GTFO since the bear caught me by surprise i attempted to climb the next tree i find

Lo and behold!

connor decided to jump 50ft off the ground! but realizing he doesnt have any wings he drops and eats dirt..

>_>

connor was happy to get away from the rampaging bear but a pack of wolves took advantage of connors accident and devours his face.
---
PSN: knive87
"The forge of my heart grows cold and the world shivers for it"
#2SymphonicRainPosted 12/6/2012 6:08:52 AM
The flying glitch happened to me with Haytham, unfortunately it caught me completely off guard and the synapses didn't get going with enough time to fast travel somewhere else to prevent dying.

I had a horse spazz the hell out on me and follow me obsessively, charging me down and kicking at guards who came close (though the kicks never registered as hits or pushes so I'm not sure if they have an actual collision detection zone) but it was not a horse I could mount. I got on another horse and rode away and it came following me.

Took a brief video if anyone cares, though it's not particularly exciting.
---
"invade some poor sap and jihad bomb him" - LazyKenny
#3knive87(Topic Creator)Posted 12/6/2012 6:48:37 AM
^ lol

WTF that happened to me too! i dont even remember how i got rid of it.. xD
---
#4pk1154Posted 12/6/2012 7:07:42 AM
SymphonicRain posted...
I had a horse spazz the hell out on me and follow me obsessively, charging me down and kicking at guards who came close (though the kicks never registered as hits or pushes so I'm not sure if they have an actual collision detection zone) but it was not a horse I could mount. I got on another horse and rode away and it came following me.

I had that happen too! Horse started acting barmy when I tried to pet a cow, then never let up with the pestering. At first it seemed like the horse was just jealous. I ended up fast traveling away.

The first time I went to hunt bears, they were all spawning twinned. Two bears, right next to each other, making the same moves, every time. That was not good.

Most recently, a grenadier was just standing there after the battle, not moving. Couldn't attack him or loot him, but I circled around him and found a spot where the game let me carry him!

My game has some weird offset going on, too, where everything is displaced from where I see it. So I end up looting bodies off to one side, markers say I'm 2m away from something I'm practically standing on, etc.
---
We're having a great time: food, wine, a little personal abuse, and the universe going foom.
#5ChickenBotPosted 12/6/2012 7:51:01 AM
Not a glitch, but my PS3 suffered from YLOD while I was saving.

Lost my 82% complete file. Plus I'd full synched all the story missions. Sigh....
---
"Building the future and keeping the past alive are one and the same thing."
-Solid Snake, Metal Gear Solid
#6knive87(Topic Creator)Posted 12/6/2012 8:00:44 AM
lol bro i feel your pain

my 60gig phat mama YLOD just 3 weeks ago from Borderlands 2.

i have her super slim 500gig sis now and am happy. :D
---
#7X195Posted 12/6/2012 8:21:09 AM
This one was very funny. After the cutscene at the beginning of Sequence 11, I came back to the Manor to check up on Achilles, and there were... well, THREE of him. One was sleeping in the chair, while the other two were standing as usual, one in front of the other.

I took some pics with my (horrible) phone camera, so if I find a way to upload those I'll be sure to let you guys know. Except if it's a common glitch, then I probably won't bother, unless someone really wants to see it.
---
Call me Mega, Megaman, X, or any variation/combination of the previously stated names.
Official Liu Kang of the PS3 Mortal Kombat board.
#8Papp-CASS_777Posted 12/6/2012 8:21:27 AM
that sucks, my 60gig yloded years ago. lost all my ACII data and had to start over for the trophys after collecting 94 or 95 of the 100 feathers.
While I love this game, i really need a pivot patch, or a reset button for the pivots, my last one, pivot kappa, is in a new york chasebreaker window on the middle of the map, the problem is the cutscene when you run through a window wont let you grab the pivot. i think all they would have to do is make it so you can collect pivots durring these chase breakers, or a reset button like i said.

here is a video of my exact problem. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ejycJFMD8a0
PLEASE PATCH THIS!!!

Im not the only one who has had this problem either, it has happened to countless others on the ubiforums page.

It really sucks cuz i have the plat/100% of the trophys for all the AC games so far. and some of them where hell to get like the abstergo employee of the month in ACB or those $hit desmond sequence trophys in ACR. If ubisoft doesnt fix this pivot problem I will miss out on the Plat for this one. honestly i dont know what ubisoft was thinking with this "head in the cloud" trophy. I love the AC series, Please ubi fix this
#9PainesnewnamePosted 12/6/2012 8:53:10 AM
Paul Revere screaming at at me to 'get back on the horse Conner!'
---
Mass production.....?
.........RIDICULOUS!
#10ChickenBotPosted 12/6/2012 9:46:52 AM
@knive87: Heh, wow. My PS3's a fat as well (40GB). Shame, she's probably run her course :'( Thankfully I have back-ups of a few of my saves. Wish I'd done the same for AC3 but oh well....

@Papp-CASS_777: Damn, that sucks. AC2's the only AC I got a Platinum on, and I remember how frustrating feather-hunting was. Must've been a pain :/ Hope you have better luck with this pivot patch.
---
"Building the future and keeping the past alive are one and the same thing."
-Solid Snake, Metal Gear Solid