the "this happened to me" thread of glitchiness

#11SteelToothPosted 12/6/2012 8:54:42 AM
While hunting in the frontier, I was tracking some elk when they noticed me and got spooked, scattering in all directions.

One ran toward a large rock and stopped, standing at a 45 degree angle and grazing on thin air!

Another time I was going after wolves when they decided to attack a deer. I did an air assassination and destroyed the pack, and the deer stood there. Thinking I have myself an easy pelt to have, I try to kill it, only to find it's apparently a hologram used to attract wolves. -_-

All these glitches could be officially chalked up to Rebecca's half-assed "upgrades" to the Animus.
---
TWSSted Steel Disagree with me? Talk to the Tree:
http://i.imgur.com/ihMBR.jpg
#12SomajanPosted 12/6/2012 8:57:35 AM
Papp-CASS_777 posted...
that sucks, my 60gig yloded years ago. lost all my ACII data and had to start over for the trophys after collecting 94 or 95 of the 100 feathers.
While I love this game, i really need a pivot patch, or a reset button for the pivots, my last one, pivot kappa, is in a new york chasebreaker window on the middle of the map, the problem is the cutscene when you run through a window wont let you grab the pivot. i think all they would have to do is make it so you can collect pivots durring these chase breakers, or a reset button like i said.

here is a video of my exact problem. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ejycJFMD8a0
PLEASE PATCH THIS!!!

Im not the only one who has had this problem either, it has happened to countless others on the ubiforums page.

It really sucks cuz i have the plat/100% of the trophys for all the AC games so far. and some of them where hell to get like the abstergo employee of the month in ACB or those $hit desmond sequence trophys in ACR. If ubisoft doesnt fix this pivot problem I will miss out on the Plat for this one. honestly i dont know what ubisoft was thinking with this "head in the cloud" trophy. I love the AC series, Please ubi fix this

At least get everything else, pivots aren't for 100%
---
Gradius V - 2-2 2,796,400Type 3
Gradius III - 9,999,999
#13ChickenBotPosted 12/6/2012 9:45:50 AM
SteelTooth posted...
All these glitches could be officially chalked up to Rebecca's half-assed "upgrades" to the Animus.

Convenient, huh? Pretty clever on Ubi's part.

Though it still does not justify Desmond's arm phasing though everything.
---
"Building the future and keeping the past alive are one and the same thing."
-Solid Snake, Metal Gear Solid
#14JerichoEstacioPosted 12/6/2012 9:55:31 AM
I have yet to receive a single "special iron ingot" from any of the Miner missions or the chest at the back of the manor.

I contacted Ubi support and they apparently know about this. There is supposed to be another patch coming out sometime before Christmas. The patch will contain a lot of fixes to the crafting system. The said that this should fix my problem.

If I recall correctly, I'm not the only one this has happened to. I saw a topic about it a while back.
#15knive87(Topic Creator)Posted 12/6/2012 10:17:47 AM
They really should fix the horse riding in this game..
---
PSN: knive87
"The forge of my heart grows cold and the world shivers for it"
#16SymphonicRainPosted 12/6/2012 10:40:58 AM
knive87 posted...

I don't think it's so much broken as it is just not a really good system, it just needed revising and changing. But it's not something they'll 'fix' in a patch, I guarantee it.
---
"invade some poor sap and jihad bomb him" - LazyKenny
#17EchidneysPosted 12/6/2012 10:45:46 AM
I don't remember if it was Haytham or Connor, but at one point while my character was running, he felt the need to jump 50 feet straight up in the air.
---
PSN: Echidneys // 3DS: 4468 - 1242 - 8413
"It sucks, and you're all stupid for liking it."
#18knive87(Topic Creator)Posted 12/6/2012 10:46:51 AM
SymphonicRain posted...
knive87 posted...

I don't think it's so much broken as it is just not a really good system, it just needed revising and changing. But it's not something they'll 'fix' in a patch, I guarantee it.

argh!

but the horses cant get a few feet without a rock or bush blocking them and you certainly cant go full gallop in somewhere anywhere. >:(

i like RDR's horses better.

btw i love the game i just hate the glitches.
---
#19knive87(Topic Creator)Posted 12/6/2012 10:48:40 AM
Echidneys posted...
I don't remember if it was Haytham or Connor, but at one point while my character was running, he felt the need to jump 50 feet straight up in the air.

i see the instant super jump glitch is common. . lol
---
#20js16nitePosted 12/6/2012 10:53:04 AM
knive87 posted...
btw i love the game i just hate the glitches.

This is how I feel.

My glitch is that Connor ate poison berries.

I'm in the Frontier doing some hunting. I see a nearby bush with berries on it with the clue marker on it. I check it for clues. Connor puts his hand on the bush then when he stand back up he is frozen in place unable to do anything. My guess is that he ate one of the berries and he died from dysentery or something. Had to reload the game to fix it. This actually happened a few time throughout the game.
---
Being born is killing you. Now stop worrying and enjoy your bacon.