Was this game made by the same team who made the 1st game?

#1Tom_Fn_BradyPosted 12/6/2012 11:47:24 AM
I can tell 2 distinct differences between this game and the last 2 or 3 AC games.

This one plays EXACTLY like the first AC game and I didn't like it.

I'm willing to bet dollars to donuts I'm right.
#2AcFan87Posted 12/6/2012 12:00:01 PM
Not really, the combat in the first one was challenging, especially when in battle against high level enemies.........in that one you didn't have the Special Counter option to instant kill high level enemies like you do in this one. AC1 is awesome, hell all the games (yes, even Revelations) are awesome......but AC3 is far more streamlined than AC1.
#3MadigariPosted 12/6/2012 12:45:19 PM
AcFan87 posted...
Not really, the combat in the first one was challenging, especially when in battle against high level enemies.........in that one you didn't have the Special Counter option to instant kill high level enemies like you do in this one.

Yes, you did. It's called Hidden Blade and proper timing.
---
Gamertag is Madigari, for both Xbox 360 and PSN.
Of all the things I've lost, I miss my originality the most.
#4iconmediaxPosted 12/6/2012 12:56:04 PM
Madigari posted...
AcFan87 posted...
Not really, the combat in the first one was challenging, especially when in battle against high level enemies.........in that one you didn't have the Special Counter option to instant kill high level enemies like you do in this one.

Yea I remember insta-killing Al Maulim with that, Right after he goes on and on about killing thousands of men superior to me.
#5js16nitePosted 12/6/2012 12:56:18 PM
Madigari posted...
AcFan87 posted...

If I remember correctly, timing was more unforgiving in the first game.
---
Being born is killing you. Now stop worrying and enjoy your bacon.
#6dppattersPosted 12/6/2012 1:03:34 PM
I was going to post something very similar to this, as I am considering purchasing this game, but I am somewhat cautious cause I bought the first one and absolutely hated it. The gameplay was very difficult to get used to, and the story seemed to me to be a retarded matrix-like rip off, with some dude in a lab, who was put in an alternate reality where he was back in time. I immediately sold it, and never did finish it, so I cop to not having a full experience and absolutely admit that I do not really knowing what the hell I'm talking about. But for those of you who enjoy this franchise, do you think if I didn't like the first one, it is possible to like the third? I saw clips of the gameplay on youtube, and have to admit it looks impressive. I just hope the controls were improved, and that the retarded story doesn't take away from the experience of the game.

Thanks,
#7js16nitePosted 12/6/2012 1:44:00 PM
dppatters posted...
I was going to post something very similar to this, as I am considering purchasing this game, but I am somewhat cautious cause I bought the first one and absolutely hated it. The gameplay was very difficult to get used to, and the story seemed to me to be a retarded matrix-like rip off, with some dude in a lab, who was put in an alternate reality where he was back in time. I immediately sold it, and never did finish it, so I cop to not having a full experience and absolutely admit that I do not really knowing what the hell I'm talking about. But for those of you who enjoy this franchise, do you think if I didn't like the first one, it is possible to like the third? I saw clips of the gameplay on youtube, and have to admit it looks impressive. I just hope the controls were improved, and that the retarded story doesn't take away from the experience of the game.

Thanks,

Hard to say. Some have said they didn't like the first but loved the second. Although from the sounds of how much you didn't like the first you may no like the others. My advice is try AC2. Either rent or buy (it's cheap these days). It's considered by many to be the best of the series.
---
Being born is killing you. Now stop worrying and enjoy your bacon.
#8LeonSK357Posted 12/6/2012 2:46:21 PM
js16nite posted...
Madigari posted...
AcFan87 posted...

If I remember correctly, timing was more unforgiving in the first game.

I recall this as well. Countering with the hidden blade in the first game was difficult compared to this. Then again, it seems like countering in general was more difficult in the first game.
---
Hugs from BasementDude: 1
http://i47.tinypic.com/xds7cn.jpg
#9dave_is_slickPosted 12/6/2012 3:09:29 PM
and the story seemed to me to be a retarded matrix-like rip off, with some dude in a lab, who was put in an alternate reality where he was back in time.

How the hell did you draw that conclusion??
---
I am prepared to use this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RFZrzg62Zj0&feature=related