We need a pirate game...

#1Mech_BattalionPosted 12/20/2012 10:23:51 AM
Just controlled a ship for the first time and I think it is time we got a decent Pirate game with similar mechanics of steering and battle. An open world (literally) pirate game would be amazing. I love the Sid Meier's Pirates! game but this needs to be more action oriented with the ability to control in third person, your captain as the boat becomes a second limb. Or as you are on shore collect bounty, hire crew, sabotage other ships and whatnot.
#2VirtrudianPosted 12/20/2012 12:30:31 PM
I dig.
---
Official Ash Ketchum of the ACIII boards.
PSN - Otherside7
#3THE_JOKE_KING33Posted 12/20/2012 1:37:36 PM
I definitely agree.
---
"A man's dreams are an index to his greatness."-Zadok Rabinwitz
PSN: THE_JOKE_KING33
#4PinkaugustPosted 12/20/2012 2:10:04 PM
I agree, the mechanics are pretty good, and we all want pirate games. The only part I really didn't agree with was that you don't seem to be able to board any ship. I'd like to board ships and take all their stuff, duel with their captain, build an armada et.c.
Open world Pirate game, lots of weapons and customizable outfits and characters. I'd buy it. Hell, I'd pay double if it were any good!
#5ajmrowland1Posted 12/20/2012 2:14:15 PM
Mech_Battalion posted...
Just controlled a ship for the first time and I think it is time we got a decent Pirate game with similar mechanics of steering and battle. An open world (literally) pirate game would be amazing. I love the Sid Meier's Pirates! game but this needs to be more action oriented with the ability to control in third person, your captain as the boat becomes a second limb. Or as you are on shore collect bounty, hire crew, sabotage other ships and whatnot.

Disney did do Pirates ofthe Caribeann online with all those mechanics and that was actually quite fun but now it might as well be dead. I guess ill have to check the site to see if it's not cancelled. but I agree a *new* pirate game should come out.
#6VirtuousKingPosted 12/20/2012 2:15:56 PM
I'm in for it.
---
R.I.P. Junk Bludgeo'd For Hammer, But Always In Our Hearts. 176 Damage, Nevar Forget.
#7Reaper_ExEPosted 12/20/2012 5:50:34 PM
TC, you are now my favorite person on this board
---
"I fight.... FOR THE USERS!"
PSN = Ace_ExE85
#8Urizen5Posted 12/20/2012 9:21:28 PM
Well Disney's pirates of the caribbean was supposed to be a great pirate game. i was really looking forward to it, why it was cancelled i'll never know.
---
PSN-AlphaRooster
#9DevilMayCryX666Posted 12/20/2012 10:40:19 PM
one piece has a pirate game lol
---
Reap What You Sow
xkidgokux yutube account
#10Mech_Battalion(Topic Creator)Posted 12/21/2012 5:05:59 AM
Pinkaugust posted...
I agree, the mechanics are pretty good, and we all want pirate games. The only part I really didn't agree with was that you don't seem to be able to board any ship. I'd like to board ships and take all their stuff, duel with their captain, build an armada et.c.
Open world Pirate game, lots of weapons and customizable outfits and characters. I'd buy it. Hell, I'd pay double if it were any good!

Yes. This would be amazing.