you know what ruined this game?, it is set on US historical setting aka boring

#1JoeydollazPosted 12/27/2012 12:08:43 PM
How we go from

THE CRUSADES

ITALY...

ROME/BORGIAS ERA

Constan etc...

TO USA Revolution era...NY/BOSTON?

uh yeah pretty boring setting in comparison don't you agree?
---
"Metal Gear Rising will be a port on PS3, P+ are xbots devs that never created/developed or even ported Bayonetta on PS3"- 12/2011
#2assassin349Posted 12/27/2012 12:10:35 PM
Not really, it's still a very exciting time, I think it's only interesting to Americans really since its our history, I can see how anyone else could find it boring
---
PSN: awesomedude222
SteamID: awesomedude222
#3najzerePosted 12/27/2012 12:13:09 PM
Yes absolutely, they seriously couldn't have picked a more boring setting in time and space. I hope all you non-Americans and schoolkids enjoyed it, but after going over this time period ad nauseum in junior high, high school and college, it bores me to tears.
---
http://social.bioware.com/n7hq/?name=najzere&platform=ps3
#4MeanGoGetterPosted 12/27/2012 12:16:49 PM
I don't find it boring at all. Interesting historical figures, relevant struggles and issues and OK battles and fights. The buildings feel fresh and new and make it very fun and satisfying to run and climb about. there's new characters and new weapons, and also now wildlife to hunt and kill. I don't know about anyone else but I was getting bored of Italian buildings and tall towers.
---
Sent from my iPad via PowerFAQs 1.10
#5agrissaPosted 12/27/2012 12:49:43 PM
I'm not American and I found it boring. The American Revolution boils down to: Colonists don't want to pay taxes, so they revolt against the King. They fight in the name of freedom and liberty, and yet the leaders own slaves...
---
I had faith in humanity until I discovered Internet Message Boards.
#6THE_JOKE_KING33Posted 12/27/2012 1:09:15 PM
najzere posted...
Yes absolutely, they seriously couldn't have picked a more boring setting in time and space. I hope all you non-Americans and schoolkids enjoyed it, but after going over this time period ad nauseum in junior high, high school and college, it bores me to tears.

^This
---
"A man's dreams are an index to his greatness."-Zadok Rabinwitz
PSN: THE_JOKE_KING33
#7_niteowl_Posted 12/27/2012 1:54:46 PM
I disagree somewhat. The problem is more that with the Ezio games, the plot felt more cohesive. Each mission and sequence led directly to the next.

With ACIII, it just felt like a series of loosely connected events. One mission you're with Samuel Adams, the next Paul Revere, then Washington, then Lafayette. They just tried to fit in too much.

I think a compelling game COULD have been made in this setting. This just wasn't it.
#8SymphonicRainPosted 12/27/2012 2:06:00 PM
I liked the setting.
---
"invade some poor sap and jihad bomb him" - LazyKenny
#9SDR1845Posted 12/27/2012 2:06:33 PM
I'm not surprised ppl on here think its boring. Not dealing with high IQ levels on this board after all

#10morphinapgPosted 12/27/2012 4:37:38 PM
I think Revelations was more boring of a setting