And I am done with this game

#1ElleenaPosted 12/27/2012 3:14:34 PM
After 2 hours 14 minutes trying to get at peg leg petes pipe in northwest of the starting hometead I am done. I no longer have the time nor the patience to deal with this kind of crap. Its not a nice simple find a way up a building no its wandering around a trackless wilderness being attacked by random wolves that Connor apparently feels are morons as well (at least that's my interpretation of Yaweh after the 15th wolf I've had to kill and skin) trying to find the one bit of cliff face that differs from every other bit of cliff face on that massive range by being climable. If this was later in the game maybe then I could work on it but this is the starting area since Ubisoft seems content to @#$()@#$@# us around with this kind of garbage then I'm content to say #(%)#@ you to them.
#2Dboss107Posted 12/27/2012 3:21:52 PM
ah memories! i hated that one! i got lucky to find the way up to get it. try to find a branch that is somewhat like a ramp(you know broken and leaning diagnally) climb it and run till connor jumps to the mountain and you'll figure out the rest. if you do plan on selling it then ebay it or something, dont give it to gamestop for $20
---
---
I am the KING of KINGS
#3SymphonicRainPosted 12/27/2012 4:09:52 PM
Lol.
---
"invade some poor sap and jihad bomb him" - LazyKenny
#4PootbirdPosted 12/27/2012 4:20:17 PM
I wouldn't quit the game for a outfit (or 100% completion) there's just too much to do on assassins creed 3. The single players fun, the multiplayers been expanded a lot more than previous titles (coming 1st place never got more satisfying) and there's a DLC which gives you a cooler looking version of the outfit (colonial assassin outfit?)
---
PSN: Goldengeartwo
#5NinjamanXXXXPosted 12/27/2012 4:41:18 PM
I was done with the game as soon as I retook all the outposts.It got really boring after a while.
---
(H)aving (A)nger (T)owards (E)veryone (R)eaching (S)uccess
#6Elleena(Topic Creator)Posted 12/27/2012 5:29:25 PM
Thanks for the tip if I ever start it up again I might look for that tree.

I'm not so much quiting because of the outfit (didn't even know there was one) or 100% completion (although I am a completionist). I'm quiting because so far the thing I disliked most about the earlier games (freerunning for mission objectives) appears to have been expanded and made a hundred times worse. Instead of "Here's an optional thieves guild mission where you free run" I get "You have to run along the river bank dodging wolves (surprise surprise) and rescue some moronic lumber jack who somehow fell into the river while not knowing how to swim " or "You need to wander around the forest trying various random rocks and tree's to find the one bit you can climb for this item". If there's this much of that this early I doubt I'd enjoy the rest of the game and multiplayer i.e. kill everyone doesn't appeal to me.

And I do stand by my statements regarding the wolves and the lumberjack. The wolves just keep attacking and attacking wherever you go obviously the species isn't to bright if it attacks heavily armed humans instead of all these deer and other animals around the place. As for the lumberjacks I mean really the guy doesn't know how to swim, has already fallen in the river once and do you know what he was doing when I next saw him? He was sitting on the bridge railing fishing! If he falls in again I'm not rescuing him.
#7NeoMonkPosted 12/27/2012 5:43:37 PM
Elleena This is why YOUTUBE exist! I too was frustrated trying to figure it out... then went on youtube saw what someone did & copied it... bam! all trinkets & got my pirate outfit!
anything you can't do just youtube it... trust me it works.
---
"How am i spelling?" Please call 800-WHO-CARES or online at Imlonely.com
#8Gladion20Posted 12/28/2012 1:46:43 PM
There's a mission later that takes you right next to that trinket, which makes it a lot easier. I could never figure out the right spot to do it, did the mission on the first try and got the trinket.
---
XboxLive: alphaomegatitan PSN: Jawzzus
Skyrim Story: http://throughroughandtumble.blogspot.com
#9Elleena(Topic Creator)Posted 12/30/2012 11:44:18 PM
Nope still out. Thanks for the advice I managed to get it (although whoever decided to have an area you get too by doing a running jump at a piece of cliff that looks like every OTHER piece of cliff should have certain fundamentals of game design re-explained to them).

However I then spent about an hour trying to figure out how to climb the last little bit of a tree to synchronize a viewpoint (never did get it) and then the Fort Wolcott mission. Seriousyl limit health loss to 33% with TWO hard to kill guards and no ability to shoot. Sorry i just don't find this fun like I did the previous games. So I'm done.
#10AntwanHaze420Posted 12/31/2012 12:36:02 AM
Joke topic from obvious Troll...
Or real topic from a non-gamer...
Or just sad... very very sad...