The Fight, Homestead Mission. Any suggestions on how to complete this?

#1TB_KitePosted 12/30/2012 1:46:48 PM
It's the mission where you have to get inbetween Godfrey and Terry to stop them fighting. Honestly this mission just drives me nuts because it feels like I'm missing something since I don't think I'm supposed to be so frustrated with it. I know I need to use the Analog sticks to slowly more the bars to the opposite side of the screen, but when I get near the near suddenly they just shoot towards the center and I can't get them to move again.

Any tips on doing this, or is it just a matter of "keep trying and hope you get lucky"?
#2z_cherubPosted 12/30/2012 2:17:05 PM
TB_Kite posted...
It's the mission where you have to get inbetween Godfrey and Terry to stop them fighting. Honestly this mission just drives me nuts because it feels like I'm missing something since I don't think I'm supposed to be so frustrated with it. I know I need to use the Analog sticks to slowly more the bars to the opposite side of the screen, but when I get near the near suddenly they just shoot towards the center and I can't get them to move again.

Any tips on doing this, or is it just a matter of "keep trying and hope you get lucky"?

Keep Connors icon between the center & T&G's icons respectively, & steadily push them away from each other.
---
PSN: ZCherub
#3FetulovesACPosted 12/30/2012 5:03:11 PM
I redid this a few times before I finally got it to work. I decided I needed a few extra sets of eyes to keep track of everything, but I made it work.

What I did that finally worked:

First: I muted the game. Their arguing was distracting, especially when it started repeating (which didn't take long).

Accept that you need to "fail" a couple of times to see how it works.

For me, I had to keep the "paddle" (I think of it as a weird kind of Pong game) close to the center and to move slowly, both at the same time.

If I "lost hold" of one side or the other, I just let it go and let it start over.

Once I got the feel of how to maneuver both at once, it wasn't hard to get the couple-three successes for the whole thing to be over with. It took me about 5 minutes IIRC, once I sat down to get it done.

Good luck.
#4PootbirdPosted 12/30/2012 6:10:40 PM
I did it first time....

Da hell?
---
PSN: Goldengeartwo
Your friendly scrub of the assassins creed 3 boards!
#5HandherpsPosted 12/30/2012 7:42:03 PM
I just did it one side at a time.
---
http://dashie.mylittlefacewhen.com/media/f/img/mlfw8517-1352360418305392.png
IGN for pretty much everything: Handherps
#6Scottie_theNerd(Moderator)Posted 12/30/2012 7:57:48 PM
You're meant to keep the icon in the centre of their respective icons. IIRC, there's a marked section you're meant to remain in. Ignore their actual icons; they will naturally part as long as you remain in the designated section.
---
http://scottie-thenerd.deviantart.com
www.youtube.com/user/NUSensei - Let's Play LOTR: War in the North on Legendary :)
#7LansfieldPosted 12/31/2012 1:51:21 AM
you are suppose to move the cursors to where the yellow/green lines are using the left and right analogue stick. Slowly, you have to push move them farther apart. Keep the cursors in the green/yellow line though or else they'll reset back.
#8TB_Kite(Topic Creator)Posted 12/31/2012 9:16:35 AM
I wish the game had actually explained all this when you do the mission. You know, instead of just dropping you right in the middle of it without any real explanation of what to do.