How Do You Prefer to Take on Forts?

#1jt4703Posted 1/7/2013 11:41:17 PM
When you take over a fort, what kind of tactics do you use? - Results (92 votes)
Rush the place, guns (and hidden blades) blazing.
25% (23 votes)
Stealthy. The flag is up before they know what hits them.
21.74% (20 votes)
Try to be sneaky, but fail. Time for some good ol' fashioned butt-kickin'.
51.09% (47 votes)
Ask the Redcoats nicely to leave.
2.17% (2 votes)
This poll is now closed.
I usually go with stealth when I destroy the powder reserve, and guns blazing when I take out the captain.
---
PSN: vertX29
#2yorostPosted 1/8/2013 11:16:54 AM
Stealth the entire way. Anyone spots me and I reset. Figuring out and executing a full stealth takeover is one of the best offerings of the series. I would be excited for a DLC just full of forts.
#3Dekay13Posted 1/8/2013 12:31:48 PM
I kinda do them all: i stealthly infiltrate, then i politely ask them to leave by brandishing my tomahawk.
---
Top 5 Favorite Game Series: 1. LoZ, 2. FF, 3. GTA, 4. Hitman, 5. MGS/RE
#4THE_JOKE_KING33Posted 1/8/2013 1:06:55 PM
Bum rush and murder everything. Never been one for stealth.
---
"A man's dreams are an index to his greatness."-Zadok Rabinwitz
PSN: THE_JOKE_KING33
#5CharpandaV1Posted 1/8/2013 1:11:03 PM
Tried doing stealthy my first time till I realized the game was made with less stealth in mind than the previous ones.

Just murdelized everything afterwards.
---
"...Pretty much boosting your boosting"-- DeliciousJello
Official Daniel Cross of the ACIII boards
#6yorostPosted 1/9/2013 9:07:52 AM
CharpandaV1 posted...
Tried doing stealthy my first time till I realized the game was made with less stealth in mind than the previous ones.

What? The forts are all designed so you can take them by stealth, even with multiple routes in how to do so. Even the chests littered around maps are often given little setups for you to take cleanly. Although, I think four guards in front of a chest indicates confrontation is required, they see you even if you manage to sneak in behind them. I think you missed that this game has designs to allow stealth throughout..
#7PootbirdPosted 1/9/2013 9:27:03 AM
I tell them the tea shop is having a sale
They run for the sale

Always works
---
PSN: Goldengeartwo
By using smoke bomb you are unable to hunt and kill like a true assassin, you must kill defenceless people instead.
#8CharpandaV1Posted 1/9/2013 10:02:34 AM
yorost posted...
CharpandaV1 posted...

What? The forts are all designed so you can take them by stealth, even with multiple routes in how to do so. Even the chests littered around maps are often given little setups for you to take cleanly. Although, I think four guards in front of a chest indicates confrontation is required, they see you even if you manage to sneak in behind them. I think you missed that this game has designs to allow stealth throughout..

Nope.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/621796-assassins-creed-iii/65024353
---
"...Pretty much boosting your boosting"-- DeliciousJello
Official Daniel Cross of the ACIII boards
#9yorostPosted 1/9/2013 10:58:21 AM
...and? It's just complaining, not much about the way things are set up.

If anything, this game had more, or larger, opportunities for doing things in a stealth like manner compared to the II series. I largely constrained myself to completing missions with much more stringent standards than the optional objectives, say doing everything in 'style'. No problem getting through the game and enjoying it.
#10jt4703(Topic Creator)Posted 1/9/2013 11:33:49 AM
I feel like there are plenty of opportunities for stealth for the most part. There are only a few occasions when stealth seems impossible (or nearly so). The only problem I have with it, is that detection seems a bit buggy in this game. You might be walking through the streets and suddenly every guard in the city decides to attack you even though you are low profile, incognito, and not in a restricted area. Or you might be trying to sneak up on a target when a group of guards detects you through a giant tree or boulder or the occasional wall. Or you might stealth assassinate someone and every guard within 100 meters becomes alerted. Strangely enough, these things only seem to happen during missions (particularly the ones requiring stealth for 100% sync). Coincidence?
---
PSN: vertX29