Connor Kenway on CSI: Miami

#21ukeguy808Posted 1/10/2013 9:05:05 PM
bobbyrk posted...
Coontemptus posted...
At least the one thing looks real, the shirt was created by someone called "Army of Trolls."

And sold, on UbiWorkshop, under the name Conmor Kenway, again, four months before we knew about Haytham.

Still it doesn't say that Kenway is officially Connor's last name and since his parents aren't married it most likely isn't
---
We work in the dark to serve the light. We are Assassins. Nothing is true, everything is permitted.
Official Yusuf Tazim of the AC3 boards
#22bobbyrkPosted 1/10/2013 9:21:04 PM
So you're saying that, even though official Ubisoft products, and items sold through their UbiWorkshop site, both of which name him Connor Kenway, both of which were made well before we knew about Haytham Kenway, he's not Connor Kenway?

You're saying that what the developers say is wrong, By having official products name him Connor Kenway (as that ad was an official product), even though he's not named Connor Kenway in the game itself, he is STILL officially named Connor Kenway.

Yes, he is Ratonhakehton (not bothering with the accents and whatnot), yes, Achilles names him Connor. But he never gives Connor a surname, nor does he have a surname from his mother's side. So when giving him an English name, we default to his father's surname, Kenway.
---
Behold the angry wizard putt-putt-putting away.
#23indyplayer313Posted 1/10/2013 11:09:10 PM
Poor TC, he's only gotten one other post that relates to the actual topic.
---
Official Trophy Wh*re of the Assassin's Creed III Boards
#24ukeguy808Posted 1/10/2013 11:54:11 PM
Ubisoft may have called him Connor Kenway before the games release but never during the game. Even I called him Connor Kenway before the game released but when i played the game and found out his parents weren't married i started calling him just Connor, and in case you ask, yes, that is the only reason/proof I have of his name not being Kenway

As a matter of fact i will email ubi and ask them and if i am wrong and his name is officially Connor Kenway i will admit defeat and apologize to the TC for ruining his post. Anyone know how to email ubisoft?
---
We work in the dark to serve the light. We are Assassins. Nothing is true, everything is permitted.
Official Yusuf Tazim of the AC3 boards
#25alphaaltairPosted 1/11/2013 4:22:58 AM(edited)
ukeguy808 posted...
Ubisoft may have called him Connor Kenway before the games release but never during the game. Even I called him Connor Kenway before the game released but when i played the game and found out his parents weren't married i started calling him just Connor, and in case you ask, yes, that is the only reason/proof I have of his name not being Kenway

As a matter of fact i will email ubi and ask them and if i am wrong and his name is officially Connor Kenway i will admit defeat and apologize to the TC for ruining his post. Anyone know how to email ubisoft?

What difference does it make if his parents aren't married? His name is Connor Kenway. Officially. Jeez. Case Closed!
---
([ { < ]})=====>
#26Sol4688Posted 1/11/2013 5:23:50 AM
indyplayer313 posted...

And it was funny too! Does nobody appreciate CSI Miami intro jokes anymore??
---
PSN: CrimeRoyal
#27Bloodlines1191(Topic Creator)Posted 1/11/2013 6:03:16 AM
Sol4688 posted...
indyplayer313 posted...

And it was funny too! Does nobody appreciate CSI Miami intro jokes anymore??

Connor he's a Doctor!!! What is it with Connor always getting beaten up by people? Plus, is Memmo a Templar and why does Horatio want him? 0_o
---
Nothing is True, Everything is Permitted
I shall forever hate the name......Crimson Viper
#28MikmaqSoliderPosted 1/11/2013 7:56:12 AM
The reality is that, under British Law of the day, "Connor" is an illegitmate child of Haytham... meaning that he can not inherit the las name NOR any property. Under British Law of the day, "Connor" is recognized ONLY as the child of the mother--- a mohawk woman.

Now, Mohawk society traces lineage through the Mother--- so this works good for "Connor", because he cannot trace his lineage through is father (by British and Mohawk law).

So, "Connor" is Mohawk by Nationality...

This "half-british half-mohawk" crap is ridiculous.. as British is not a race, it is a nationality. Mohawkis not a race, its a nationality.

"Half-White, Half-Native" .. o.k.. that is fine..

So, let us all get this straight. "Connor" never has no authority to call himself Connor Kenway.. and he never calls himself that in the game either. Its a total screw up but the Ad people for the game. Laziness at its best.

Also.. these same people botch their wording with they say "Half-British"--- no, sorry.. he is NOT BRITISH AT ALL..

He is half-white... (Half-Caucasion).. but he is NEVER British. He can't be-- where would his British nationality come from ? His dad ? NOPE
His Mom?NOPE
#29CoontemptusPosted 1/11/2013 12:04:37 PM
alphaaltair posted...
ukeguy808 posted...

What difference does it make if his parents aren't married? His name is Connor Kenway. Officially. Jeez. Case Closed!

I didn't see him officially called Conner Kenway. Case not closed. Even if some exec at UBI who doesn't understand what the game is about says it incorrectly, its still idiotic.
---
Sic semper tyrannis
#30Bloodlines1191(Topic Creator)Posted 1/11/2013 12:15:15 PM
Coontemptus derailed this topic. Can we get back to the fact that Connor needs insurance?!?!?!?!?!?! D:<
---
Nothing is True, Everything is Permitted
I shall forever hate the name......Crimson Viper